sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:28 PM

So my friends told me they cant log in the game,
not because of they were using the old client..also they cant connect to Warpportal.
They live in US but seriously, how could this happened??
any ideas about that?

#2 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

They should be able to access support.warpportal.com now and send in a ticket hopefully.

http://forums.irowik...585#post1061585

Edited by soudou, 07 April 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#3 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:57 PM

Submit a ticket with a tracert to gravity. -_-

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

If you can't connect to the support tool then it is not a block we did it is an internet issue.

If you can connect to support.warpportal.com then you were blocked due to 95% of the traffic from YOUR IP is bots.

I hate when members can't play RO, we like you playing RO, but we can't have a person running a bot ring and get away with it because they are a "nice guy". We have to, with a heavy heart, remove them and their abuse through any means available.

But I know that there are people that may be playing in a neighborhood or something that is getting them in trouble, that is why we need them to write in and talk to us so we can figure it out and get appropriate holes poked in the firewall.

#5 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

I cant Log in either, Since yeserday, Seems they are too busy fixing Battle manuels than fixing the server so we can play. Submitted Ticket 9 hrs ago.
Great Bots, Thats what you get for making it a free server..... geez some of us that pay would like to play. A BM doesnt do me any good if i cant log in -_-

Edited by BobaTea, 07 April 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#6 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

BobaTea if you can access the forum and web, that is good.

What is keeping you from logging in?

If you crash upon pressing enter after you login issue, you likely have a patching issue.

Please use the steps in here to figure out if you have patched or not (the key is in the file modified dates)

http://www.playragna...slist.aspx#n845

#7 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

Keeps saying Failure to connect.
i dont see a direct patch, so i tried the manuel patch 4 times. I extract into Ragnarok renewal folder. Use new link, Failure to connect...

Edited by BobaTea, 07 April 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#8 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Ok Boba,
so did the dates on the Ragnarok and ragexe and data.grf all show as being updated yesterday or today?

If they didn't then you have a patching issue that needs resolved first.

Is the Failure to connect when you are at the patcher?
At the login?
at the server select?
at the chraacter select?
when you enter game?

The more information I can get from you in 1 post means many fewer back and forth posts we need to do. I have seen enough reports from your ISP (judging by your IP) that it may be a routing problem dropping packets that our game uses. We have been reporting all we can to our ISP to get them working on the issue, but we do not have control over the internet yet so direct fixing isn't an option right now.

I don't yet have a good tracert from your ISP though, so could you make and send us one please?

#9 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

If you can't connect to the support tool then it is not a block we did it is an internet issue.

If you can connect to support.warpportal.com then you were blocked due to 95% of the traffic from YOUR IP is bots.

I hate when members can't play RO, we like you playing RO, but we can't have a person running a bot ring and get away with it because they are a "nice guy". We have to, with a heavy heart, remove them and their abuse through any means available.

But I know that there are people that may be playing in a neighborhood or something that is getting them in trouble, that is why we need them to write in and talk to us so we can figure it out and get appropriate holes poked in the firewall.

So every1s' IP? Traffic, all ppl from different regions at same time?

#10 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

No, there is traffic that is having just internet sucks scenario right now. Both from Asia and US.

But there is also a group of IPs that were blocked recently on purpose (those ones are the "warpPortal is a black hole address") those IPs were HUGE bot nests, we have opened up the ticket tool to everyone so we need them to write in and communicate with us.

#11 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

at the server select
Now i click the patch and it crashes at repacking.
The screen that comes up is the new VIP log in screen.
After i enter user name and PW it says failure to connect.
I downloaded the mauel patch, I see no direct patch
Tracert Times out. Ok trying one last thing. the ragnarok renewal icon doesnt work, but the regular ro star icon seemed to patch, gonna give it a try.

Edited by BobaTea, 07 April 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#12 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

No, there is traffic that is having just internet sucks scenario right now. Both from Asia and US.

But there is also a group of IPs that were blocked recently on purpose (those ones are the "warpPortal is a black hole address") those IPs were HUGE bot nests, we have opened up the ticket tool to everyone so we need them to write in and communicate with us.

thx for the info -_-

#13 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Ok, from what i found out, is after patch, the Ragnarok renewal link doesnt work, But the one that just says Ragnarok works. Even tho it said they all should work, I hope this helps anyone else with same problem,
Thank you Heim for taking the Time to help me.

#14 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

It's kind of hard to communicate when after 5 hours of sending in the ticket and all you get is a non-response, informing me that there was a maintenance and it was extended until 6 PM or that I should patch my client when it is already correctly patched. I am currently still unable to connect. Patch is blocked and won't load, although after some time I can click the start button but I can't connect to the game servers anyway.

Edited by chasko, 07 April 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#15 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

Try Shortcut in your Gravity Folder under Ragnarok renewal, DONT Use the one that says Ragnarok renewal, use the shortcut that says Ragnarok. The renewal shortcut wont patch correctly.

Edited by BobaTea, 07 April 2011 - 09:25 PM.

#16 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:28 PM

Good luck , im off to bed, Its 10;23 p.m and been trying get Ragnarok to work for many hrs, Its up n running now..

Good night

#17 coeix

coeix

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:37 PM

It's kind of hard to communicate when after 5 hours of sending in the ticket and all you get is a non-response, informing me that there was a maintenance and it was extended until 6 PM or that I should patch my client when it is already correctly patched. I am currently still unable to connect. Patch is blocked and won't load, although after some time I can click the start button but I can't connect to the game servers anyway.

I really don't understand why I have to search through other forums to find out there is an intended block of A LOT of legit players and then they have to get generic responses unrelated to the issue when I do send in a ticket. I imagine there are a lot people who have no idea they are intentionally blocked from this game right now, you would think there would be at least a heads up and what to do if you were accidentally blocked before you remove all resources to figure this out without looking into it your self after 30 hours of down time.

Thursday and Friday were going to be days for me to actually get decent leveling in with this event but I doubt this issue will be resolved before the weekend.

BTW I'm using a proxy to post.

#18 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

I really don't understand why I have to search through other forums to find out there is an intended block of A LOT of legit players and then they have to get generic responses unrelated to the issue when I do send in a ticket. I imagine there are a lot people who have no idea they are intentionally blocked from this game right now, you would think there would be at least a heads up and what to do if you were accidentally blocked before you remove all resources to figure this out without looking into it your self after 30 hours of down time.

Thursday and Friday were going to be days for me to actually get decent leveling in with this event but I doubt this issue will be resolved before the weekend.

BTW I'm using a proxy to post.

Are you able to reach the support page?

#19 coeix

coeix

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

yes, that is the only thing i am able to access ragnarok related. i got a reply several hours later saying to wait for maint to end and/or patch correctly or resend if that doesn't relate. which i had already mentioned in the original ticket along with a tracert, so i am waiting again.

#20 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ah, so you resend and now is playing the waiting game. Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything is sorted out in a timely manner.

#21 LuckyBunny

LuckyBunny

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

I cannot log onto any iRO gravity related issues, like Ragnarok Online, Warpportal, Dragon Saga,
etc. I uninstalled and reinstalled iRO full version through iro.wiki.org clients and patches.
I did as instructed but nothing seems to be loading right. It's like my IP is blocked from
the gravity webpages. My friends can't log either same issue as me. My RO hubby can log into his
warpportal and ragnarok online but something is wrong w/his ragnarok.exe not loading right. Since 4/6 first maintence. Help please!!!

#22 LuckyBunny

LuckyBunny

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:16 AM

oh i sent in a ticket already [10D-15315F4A-685A]

#23 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

I cannot log onto any iRO gravity related issues, like Ragnarok Online, Warpportal, Dragon Saga,
etc. I uninstalled and reinstalled iRO full version through iro.wiki.org clients and patches.
I did as instructed but nothing seems to be loading right. It's like my IP is blocked from
the gravity webpages. My friends can't log either same issue as me. My RO hubby can log into his
warpportal and ragnarok online but something is wrong w/his ragnarok.exe not loading right. Since 4/6 first maintence. Help please!!!

You kind of lost me there.

1) Seems like you can access the warpportal website, since you are posting here, then your ip has not been blocked.
2) If you cannot access warpportal website or RO website but able to access the support.warpportal.com website then your IP been block.

If you fall under 1, then something is wrong with your connection to RO. Do a tracert to try to narrow down the problem. There been a string of bad connection recently. Do you notice that sometime this forum does not load sometime? If yes, then you found your problem.

If you fall under 2, that mean RO blocked your ip due to a bot farm that uses that ip range. Please send in a ticket to resolve this.

If you do not fall under those two most likely your client is not updated properly. Please try these steps here. Also remember to use only "ragnarok.exe" once you are done patching. (This would be your friend's problem.)
http://www.playragna...s/newslist.aspx

Edited by brokenguy, 08 April 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#24 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

Ok Boba,
so did the dates on the Ragnarok and ragexe and data.grf all show as being updated yesterday or today?

If they didn't then you have a patching issue that needs resolved first.

Is the Failure to connect when you are at the patcher?
At the login?
at the server select?
at the chraacter select?
when you enter game?

The more information I can get from you in 1 post means many fewer back and forth posts we need to do. I have seen enough reports from your ISP (judging by your IP) that it may be a routing problem dropping packets that our game uses. We have been reporting all we can to our ISP to get them working on the issue, but we do not have control over the internet yet so direct fixing isn't an option right now.

I don't yet have a good tracert from your ISP though, so could you make and send us one please?

Boba said in another post hes using RoadRunner the same service im using. Hes from Cali and im in Ohio.

About the IP bans though, i was told to keep my IP address the same for the PCs in my house house especially my xbox and Wii. If the people affected with the IP bans just change their internet IP on there service to another IP it might work if iRO didnt ban all the IPs from that service. You can do all that in a router fyi, assigning IPs from your ISP service.

Edited by Cubical, 08 April 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#25 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

You kind of lost me there.

1) Seems like you can access the warpportal website, since you are posting here, then your ip has not been blocked.
2) If you cannot access warpportal website or RO website but able to access the support.warpportal.com website then your IP been block.

If you fall under 1, then something is wrong with your connection to RO. Do a tracert to try to narrow down the problem. There been a string of bad connection recently. Do you notice that sometime this forum does not load sometime? If yes, then you found your problem.

If you fall under 2, that mean RO blocked your ip due to a bot farm that uses that ip range. Please send in a ticket to resolve this.

If you do not fall under those two most likely your client is not updated properly. Please try these steps here. Also remember to use only "ragnarok.exe" once you are done patching. (This would be your friend's problem.)
http://www.playragna...s/newslist.aspx

Seems like I fall under case 2. No reply to the ticket at all except the same generic, non-response reply that everyone else got. Currently using LowerPing as a proxy to access WarpPortal sites, although I can't get it to access the game. My RO client works perfectly fine and is patched properly and is able to play properly until the issue popped up... Le sigh. -_-

Edited by chasko, 08 April 2011 - 11:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users