[FIX] Connection issues ? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[FIX] Connection issues ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

For everyone having connection issues since the VIP implementation (april 6th 2011), please read this Patch guide to help you get RO working properly:

EDIT: This also goes for issues after a fresh install. Make sure you use the latest client (with the RENEWAL update in it) and then use this guide to make sure you patch the CORRECT way. Client can be found here (official) or here (wiki mirror).

VIDEO:

Lorderagon has made a very nice visual guide (video), it can be found here: http://forums.warppo...tch-iro-client/

TEXT:

The text version was posted by Gravity on their main website, found here: http://www.playragna...slist.aspx#n845 :

We have updated to VIP system and Brasilis on April 6th. There are 2 options available for patching correctly.

Regardless if you have freshly installed the October 2010 client, or have been playing for quite some time and patching every week, you will have the same patch methods.

Patching using the normal Patch Client:

• Navigate to your Ragnarok installation folder,
  • Right click on the folder and make sure "Read-Only" is UN-CHECKED, then apply.
  • Enter the folder, and right click the "renewal.exe" and choose Run as Administrator
  • The Ragnarok.exe, ragexe.exe and the data.grf should all get updated to April 6th.
  • From now on Run "Ragnarok.exe" to patch and play RO.
Key points for the auto patch method: Patch is ~24mb, permissions are tricky as you are overwriting files. If the files dates aren't updated then you are not patched!

Patching using the Manual Patch Client:

• Download the Manual Patch to your Hard Drive.
  • Navigate to your Ragnarok installation folder,
  • Right click on the folder and make sure "Read-Only" is UN-CHECKED, then apply.
  • Extract the Manual patch into the RO installation folder, allowing it to overwrite files.
  • From now on Run "Ragnarok.exe" to patch and play RO.
Don't forget to update your shortcuts to point to the Ragnarok.exe patch launcher!

In the next week or so a freshly made client will be made available that has VIP and Brasilis included. The small patch size was the reason we didn't make a fresh client yet.

---

(More Edit: If all else fails and you have a friend that has ragnarok properly installed, you could try to copy the entire game folder to your system. This does not alway work and may lead to problems with later patches, but could be worth a try. Use this as a last resort.)

Edited by Chucklet, 24 April 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#2 Lorderagon

Lorderagon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Good! This will help to users that have problems of connection a lot!
Very nice! B)
Yay i have credits :D -_-
Thanks for help users ^^

Edit: Spell errors XD

Edited by Lorderagon, 08 April 2011 - 09:49 AM.

#3 piri

piri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:59 AM

Thank you very much for the guide. The manual patch instructions were exactly what I was looking for. :Emo_15:

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

I think this deserves a -bump-

#5 Kaiji

Kaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

I put my finger crossed that this works.

Ok so, after I finish the step above, I run as admin Ragnarok.exe. It patches smoothly until it hits around 2011-10-x and failed.

Should i patch Ragnarokfree.exe too?

Edited by Kaiji, 07 December 2011 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users