#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

This thread is based in one of the old forum: Ultimate Gear

I think that some of those items should be reviewed.

Armor

HP

If you check each piece of armor, the stats from a Plate to a Coth armor are almost the same: the str, con, dex, int, mind are exactly the same, the acc is the same, the eva change from one to the other, the hp and mp are the same, and the armor is different.

So, in the end the only that change is the amount of armor and evasion. This are ok, but knowing that people change to the Defense Ornament when they fight against a melee, it doesnt make a big difference.

What i dont understand is why the cloth armors must have the same hp than a plate or a chain armor. In the end mages and melees get the same (or almost the same) hp. But mages have the adventage of range, and they can use the speed ornament if you go after them, while the melee must choose between keep the speed, otherwise is almost imposible to catch them, or change to resistances to dont die that fast.

Here is my suggestion:

Change the amount of hp/mp in the different kind of armors. Cloth armor should have less hp and more mana than the others, and Plate should have more hp and less mana.

Defense

The defense difference in the different kind of armors is too small, any class that use the defense ornament, will be able to tank a melee. Make the Plates have a noticiable bigger defense than the others: it would be Plate > Chain > Leather > Cloth, like it is now but with a bigger difference between them. Because a defender, for example, have less dmg than a warrior, but with the defense ornament, the warrior (or rogue) can tank the defender and deal much more dmg at the same time.

Weapons

Lets start with the 1h sword, axe and bludgeon. The 3 are fine, but, most people take the same weapon, why? because the gloves make it up for the speed difference, and the hp difference isnt that big. But all that is fine, what make people pick one or the other, if we put the dmg away? the last stat.

The Sword give 750 eva, the Axe give 1.49% physical crit, and the Bludgeon give 25 crit additional dmg. Cmn, this are the Ultimate weapons, and give that bonus? My suggestion here is to rise those stats, at least the double, to make them a real option. The eva should be over 1k, the crit should be at least 5%, and the crit additional dmg should be at least 50.

This happen with the other weapons too, the ones i see more balanced are the xbow and the launcher. And the shields dont need much change because there isnt an alternative for them, except maybe, increase the block defense.

Other ideas

Include a HP Recovery Ornament: classes without heals must recover a wall of life and if there isnt any healer around, it takes lots of times, even if you drink pots.

Speed Ornament: maybe make it work outside of combat; it give a big adventage to classes that can attack at distance and move at the same time.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

Also:

The Ultimate Defense Power ornament looks a little op. Take in account that the Resistances ones give 80% resistances (max resistance) and the Ultimate Attack Power give only 300 more dmg. The defense of the Ultimate Defense Power ornament is bigger reduction than the 80% given by the Resistances: making melees able to deal less dmg against someone using that ornament than what could do a mage against a char using the resistances one.

In the end, as i said before, all classes become in tanks but also keep the huge dmg, but tanks dont win anything and keep the low dmg.

#3 FrostYaLikeACake

FrostYaLikeACake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

i couldnt agree with you more, they need to start giving melee classes at least 1 advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users