#1 Marefikku

Marefikku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:39 PM

I have already done some ridiculously in-depth research into the gear selection for a Reflect design but I pause when it comes to the one nugget of awesome I have. I have an Elemental Sword that I didn't hesitate to put one Bloody Knight card in. The Area of Effect pull from that is invaluable. Now I had the intention of slapping two more of those babies in there so it would proc more often but I recently had someone tell me that the bloody knight cards don't stack.... I'm skeptical cuz I used to run a +10 quad Meteoric Main Gauche with Shield reflect back in the day and I know that having 4 cards made a difference. I would normally just slap them in there but elemental swords ain't cheap so I certainly don't want to hurt my sword in any way. Does anyone have any info that would substantiate this claim that the Bloody Knight card doesn't stack with itself or is it just a bunch of crap and the guy didn't know what he was talking about?

Here is the full gear just for everyone to get an idea of what else I got going on.

+7 Rabbit Magic Hat
Robo Eyes
Ninja Scroll
+5 Meteoric Elemental Sword (3)(Bloody Knight Card x1)
+5 Life Link of the Stix (1)(Loli Ruri Card)
+5 Rejuvenating Thorny Buckler (1)(Enchanted Peach Tree Card)
+7 Stygian Valkyrian Manteau (1)(Kasa Card)
Variant Shoes
Bison Horn of Hail (1)(Gazeti Card)
Ring of the Flame Lord(when partying) / Ring of Resonance(when soloing)

The build is max VIT and INT and the rest DEX although I was considering going some LUK for MATK. I don't even have to swing my sword, once you reach that magic number of creatures a rainbow of death comes down and slaughters everything. Something of note for those of you that do know and want to point it out and for those that do not. The other items/cards that trigger some kind of bolt (Rabbit Magic Hat, Kasa Card, Gazeti Card) do not trigger the bolt chain from the Elemental Sword. I was very disappointed to discover this but it doesn't change the fact that more damage is getting dished out and I still feel those are worth it. I have considered though that it might be more worthwhile to find ways to juice MATK and rely solely on the Elemental Sword for damage and maybe get a +9 Immune Valk even though that'll reduce my reflect damage. I think it would at least be better for the high end MVPs. Just stuff I've been considering. As it is now this design pumps out insane amounts of damage. Please no one try to convince me that adding decent AGI to the design is a good idea cuz there is no way the math agrees with you. Remember I don't even have to swing my sword. Tell me what you guys think? Have I missed something that's better? Yes I dream of Dark Lord shoes too. What a beautiful dream.......

#2 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:31 AM

This post is from the viewpoint of levelling.

Common consensus is that cards like BK do not stack, as does my experience with such cards.

Weapon - A serious RD build will use kahii = high sp usage = need moonie dagger so that sword is not going to see the light of day unless you plan to switch it on for a couple seconds and then switch back to moonie dagger. The EPT and Loli Ruri cannot replace kahii. Further heal from those sources just give you skill delay. I think the only non-practical exception is to card that sword with a drac and/or sniper mvp card probably.

Hat - peco band/rideword hat/or that rabbit top hat for switching

Armor - use a bryn if you can, if not use an ares armor or elemental if needed to survive and perhaps switch it once mob is gathered.

The problem with too many autocast gears is that you either switch them off for gathering stuff or that amount of them will just hinder your mobbing and teleing (but you can just use fwings for that i guess).

Using ROR is a bad idea if you look at the skills it casts.

I switched shoes and rofl mainly, with the rofl being my only autocast gear. I only used the rofl to stagger the times at which the mob died so i did not get raped by the kahii bug, otherwise the autocast did not increase my kill time that much. Sometimes switched shield but usually i used a non racial valk shield as the main threat i found limiting my mob size was the fireballs in AL as i used a bryn for no knockback instead of an ifrit. Having an immune is still useful for making epic mobs - just switch it off when reflecting.

Edited by Anko, 26 April 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#3 Marefikku

Marefikku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:07 AM

I'm familiar with using the Moonie with Kaahi as they necessitate one another. I just hate it. It makes the process annoying to me. I understand the conventional wisdom in it but I have seen that most Reflect designs rely on Reflect Damage to kill the mobs not the number of trigger cards and items I have. The Ring of Resonance works just fine when I'm soloing cuz it auto-triggers both Assumptio and lvl 10 Heal. By also using additional reflect type items like the Thorny Buckler/Bison Horn combo and a Valk Manteau I increase the number of damage output and how often my trigger items trigger. Obviously someone could go a step further and replace the peach tree card with a High Orc card and slap on a Filir Hat. I found that the 1% from Filir Hat doesn't trigger unless the monster does over 100 damage which can be annoying in certain areas and the peach tree card is more important than the High Orc cuz it is the only one that triggers heal when you deal damage, not when you take it, albeit a lower chance but made higher by the fact it takes full advantage of Reflect unlike the Heal trigger items. I get auto-healed from the Loli Ruri card, Enchanted Peach Tree card, Ring of Resonance and Rabbit Magic Hat. Most mobs don't have what it takes to kill me before I kill them and I lose no sp cuz I don't use Kaahi and my natural sp recovery is faster than the Reflect drain. So I can always Heal myself up when the mob mostly dies and tele away, which I just hotkey a tele clip. The reason it works is cuz I don't rely on Reflect Damage to do all the killing, I instead rely on the Reflect damage and other reflect triggers to trigger the numerous spells I have. I have decent MATK cuz the sword itself gives 95 and I have close to max INT. My real damage comes from the sheer number of damage triggers that go off. You think you've seen a lot of numbers from just Reflect? It's silly with what I have. There is logic in the reverse of what people thinks will work in the idea that if you focus on pumpin out as much damage as possible in a few seconds that you kill anything before it has a chance to kill you.

My biggest concern is the Bloody Knight cards and I really need someone to tell me why they don't stack. This is my knowledge of how cards like these work. 4x Bloody Knight cards would not work out to a 8% chance to go off because they don't act together they go off individually. I also know they can go off at the same time cuz I have used a quad meteoric wep and seen 3-4 meteors come down at once with just Shield Reflect. Because they trigger individually the percentage would work out to more like 7.5% chance of 1 meteor coming down. You can then work out the math for more than one meteor coming down beyond that and the chance gets lower and lower. This is my experience. I'm looking for someone to present some kind of proof or slap a lil math my way or just simply tell me renewal changed how it works.

Edited by Marefikku, 26 April 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#4 Marefikku

Marefikku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

Ok, so I found my quad meteoric main gauche in storage and tried it on and it seems to proc the same as my elemental sword with only one. I hadn't used it since pre-renewal and using it now I didn't see a single double meteor or better come down which I know was possible pre-renewal. So I am now inclined to believe that it has been nerfed with arrival of renewal. I dunno whether this nerf was intentional or a bug. Does anyone know?

So now I have two slots in my Elemental Sword that are screaming for something juicy. My first card idea would be a Gryphon card. It's only a 1% chance to trigger a lvl 5 Blowling Bash so I'm not sure but it is an area damage skill so I do like that. Opinions? Anyone else have any other ideas of what I should put in there. Anyone know how effective a Hunter Fly card is with Reflect Damage? I imagine not that great given the low percentage back. Although I dunno if two Hunter Fly cards would make a significant difference. I'm open to suggestion.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

If you do that you might as well attack with a skill like overbrand and reflect at the same time.

Have you considered that things will hit much harder at higher level and the heal from autocasts will likely not cover it? Also elemental autocasts will do very little damage later on in AL to holy targets. Might be ok in Scarab hall though when we get the update. In the end i think you will get kill stolen endlessly.

Also, equipment reflect stacks into one hit so they will increase they % that you reflect but not how often stuff triggers.

About the auctocast card thing, go ask at irowiki.org forums for more in depth info.

But good luck anyway. :)

#6 Marefikku

Marefikku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

I noticed that equipment reflecting stacks but it does come up as a seperate number from Reflect. But the Thorny and Valk Manteau get rolled into one digit. So in essence having just one equipment equipment reflect maximizes your ability to trigger cards and items. I hear what you're saying about higher level. I guess I'll see how well it goes. I do party more often than not so I'll have to see if it becomes more or less effective. I hear what you say about KSing. If I have a mob just under that magic number if instant death it seems the most popular thing is for someone to come by and Cart Cannon my mob. It's pretty frustrating. Luckily it's rare that any mob survives longer than a few seconds. However, Stone Curse is the bane of this design. Nothing triggers while you are Stone Cursed. Medusas are a huge pain.

Edited by Marefikku, 27 April 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#7 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

While i don't think reflecting levelling means you should be kill stolen. RD levelling at medusas is kinda not wise... those things attack weak and slow.

Should make a medusa shield, especially if you find a card while levelling there. I found some that ppl left. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users