ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

So Im almost 90 and I was thinking Id like to party at medusas as a "mage" stalker copying SG or LoV. My question is how much int/dex/vit exactly should I shoot for and what gear do I need to make this happen? I know I need a bazerald but what else? Best headgear, cards, etc.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Crown of Deceit is a must. Perhaps if you can add an Isilla card to it, that'd be great for your cast time. If you find yourself in a party where you get hit constantly, get a Phen accessory or an Orleans Gown to prevent your cast time from being interrupted.

Max out your Dex immediately. Int doesn't need to be 99, because your matk will highly depend on your weapon and not as much in terms of how much Int you have. I'd say around 70+ Int would be fine? Afterwards just dump everything else into your Vit for survival.

#3 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Thanks for the fast response. That was exactly the info I needed. Do you know what the %chance of Isilla card reducing your cast time is?

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the fast response. That was exactly the info I needed. Do you know what the %chance of Isilla card reducing your cast time is?

I honestly cannot tell, but it happens often enough to make it useful.

#5 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Even better than isilla would be Kathryne Keyron card...Orleans Glove is nice too but its hard to get.

Can you answer the same question in terms of a shadow chaser using fire trap? I just became a shadow chaser and Im wondering about the optimal gear for use with fire trap. I heard that rideword hat procs off of it so thats a given but what else? Do I use a moonlight dagger or something that drains life like a quad malicious maingauche? And can you give a general recommendation about stats for leveling with fire trap? I'm level 101 and I want to reset my stats (my int is very low) so what should they look like after I reset? Vit or Agility, how much dex/int, etc. And this is purely for pvm Im not going to do any woe or pvp for now. Thanks.

Edited by ExplosPlankton, 03 May 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

Even better than isilla would be Kathryne Keyron card...Orleans Glove is nice too but its hard to get.

Can you answer the same question in terms of a shadow chaser using fire trap? I just became a shadow chaser and Im wondering about the optimal gear for use with fire trap. I heard that rideword hat procs off of it so thats a given but what else? Do I use a moonlight dagger or something that drains life like a quad malicious maingauche? And can you give a general recommendation about stats for leveling with fire trap? I'm level 101 and I want to reset my stats (my int is very low) so what should they look like after I reset? Vit or Agility, how much dex/int, etc. And this is purely for pvm Im not going to do any woe or pvp for now. Thanks.

Yeah, but the KK card only works best if you have a headgear that's upgraded by up to at least +9 and above.

Fire Trap's damage is dependent on Dex(Heavy % mod)+Base Level(Moderate % mod)+Int(Very minor % mod). Apparently weapon atk affects trap damage somewhat, but that's hardly noticeable. Especially when you'll be defaulting a x4 Hunterfly Main Gauche for leveling.
Yes, x4 Hunterfy Main Gauche works best for Fire Trap for leveling, because you won't have much need for potions unless you feel like you'll die from a huge ass mob. xD
So in general, I would recommend you stop your Base Dex at 100. Get as much Vit as you want so that you'll have stun resist(I'd say around 93vit as a minimum, because job50 bonus is +7vit). Afterwards work on getting 100 total Int for 100% freeze resist to yourself(This way you can use x2 Snowier Clips for efficient healing Ice Creams and not have to worry about wearing an Unfrozen/ED Armor). This build should allow you to kill even the lower-tier MVP's without worry. If you're well-equipped and supplied you'll also be able to kill things like Drake or Dark Lord on your own without help from a party.

If you want to maximize Fire Trap damage, it's best to stack +Dex equips. In my opinion though, I'd rather take reduction gears. A few 100 pts of extra damage wouldn't make a difference compared to reducing the damage I receive and being able to remain efficient at mobbing by reducing as much damage as possible.

Edited by GuardianTK, 04 May 2011 - 10:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users