• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tempacco1

Tempacco1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

over the past 3-4 days i have been trying to get requiem to work i have un-installed it and reinstalled it about 3 times hoping it would fix this problem and i keep getting the same bloody error reports every single time!
It either says (Old file does not exist SYSTEM/Requiem.exe)when the patch gets to SYSTEM/Requiem.exe or either says (requiem Old File not found a file of the same name was found. no update done since file contents do not match)

If anybody could help please i would be so grateful Thanks!

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

When you reinstall:

You must uninstall first and delete the remaining files in the requiem folder (save the screenshots, if you have any). Then reset the pc and install.

Once you finish the install, copy the installed game in a safe location to have it as a backup in case you need to reinstall again (if the error come up again, just delete the installed game and replace it for the backup in the original location, but always save a copy). Then try to run the game normally and see if it update, but you always can do a manual patch.

Also, wich windows do you have? Maybe its blocking the patch.

To search for the manual patches and guides about how to install and update the game, check my signature (press the "show" button).

#3 Tempacco1

Tempacco1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

When you reinstall:

You must uninstall first and delete the remaining files in the requiem folder

uhh.. i dont know if ive mucked it up but i didnt uninstall it this time i just deleted everything should that be ok?, also im about to install it for the 4th time now :'(

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:39 AM

Once you install it, make the backup like i said, it save some time. You also can try the manual patches: http://forums.warppo...s/page__st__175

(edited) if you have the manual patches, you must place it in the Patches folder, if that folder doesnt exists, then create it inside the Requiem folder.

Edited by Nadesh, 01 May 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#5 Tempacco1

Tempacco1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Also, wich windows do you have? Maybe its blocking the patch.

Getting back to your answer i have Windows XP Home Edition. Hopefully that wont be blocking it :wub:

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Ok, any progress or still have the same problem?

#7 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3396 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:25 AM

REQUIEM
Posted Image
Y U NO WORK?

#8 Tempacco1

Tempacco1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

Nop no progress so far its still downloading its on 95% now ill get back to u if i have the same problem that ive been having for ages

#9 Tempacco1

Tempacco1

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Well.. im slightly anoyed it downloaded but there's a problem with the Instillation process its saying that the file is corrupted.. *sigh* it took me like 4 hours to download that

#10 Colly

Colly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

i have un-installed it

You got that bit right, now you need to leave it un-installed :wub:

#11 Traffix

Traffix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

In my experience i used to deal with this problem when my pc had a virus. After clean or format in some cases, the game worked again normally, so maybe u have the same problem.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:35 PM

Nop no progress so far its still downloading its on 95% now ill get back to u if i have the same problem that ive been having for ages

Did you try the manual patches? Check my signature to find the links to the manual patches and other install guides.

If still fail, go to the requiem folder and open the version.dat file with notepad. Paste what it saids here but dont modify anything there.

#13 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

REQUIEM
Posted Image
Y U NO WORK?

:wub: