#1 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:10 AM

What I'm suggesting is to have the maps actually download while on the waiting screen.

You can add a loading bar as well for %'d.

I have extreme lag problems because my processor can't handle downloading the map as I'm walking through, and using a speedy vehicle makes it no better. My internet isn't the problem as my download rate is 1.2-2MB p/sec. I'm constantly running into invisible boundaries due to the map loading and if in a high level area, constantly get killed because I'm stuck somewhere else on the map. It would be a lot easier and a lot less stressful on our systems, if there was a choice to download every single map and have it stored as cache. That way the client can simply open the map instead of having to download it repeatedly every single time you enter the map area. I also have my graphics on the lowest quality, this still being no resolve.

I would highly appreciate this. It doesn't have to be mandatory, but it would be extremely helpful if it was an option.

Cheers.

- Ruka

Edited by Rukario, 06 May 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

if you haven't tried already, you may want to check out GenFS which uses a faster file loading and seeking algorithm than the standard VFS library and caches the contents of files opened during a session.

Edited by Genesis, 06 May 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#3 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

if you haven't tried already, you may want to check out GenFS which uses a faster file loading and seeking algorithm than the standard VFS library and caches the contents of files opened during a session.

I have and it has helped, somewhat, but not entirely. I'm still having major issues with the constant reloading of the same map areas.

I only notice this because I have played Guild Wars, which as generally the same kind of aspect of 3D Play, but the maps do not lag on me at all. My explanation, or what would be the obvious case would be the fact they load the data before you're ever on the map. So all parts of the map are already installed. There is also a boot option that allows you to download every single map at once and never have to update those maps again. It makes the game extremely easy to access and is much more user-friendly.

I'm running...

Windows XP SP2,
2GB RAM,
1.6GHz Processing Speed.

I know it's not the best, but it should be enough to run ROSE on the lowest settings possible, which I am. But as I've stated, the only problem I'm having is having to reprocess the same areas of the map. My computer (and most likely other's as well,) can't keep up with how much has to be loaded.

Often enough ROSE jumps up in my CPU usage up to 250k instead of 75k. Is there a possible memory leak?

Edited by Rukario, 06 May 2011 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users