10 replies to this topic

#1 Elements

Elements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hello,

First off the "buff system" is great as is.. but I feel as if the timers need adjusting to last alot longer than what they currently do. Self buffs (besides cleric) last approx. 420s (7 minutes), consumable buffs last 600s (10 minutes) and not 100% how long cleric buffs last (guessing 20 minutes).

Self buffs can be applied constantly to ones self.. having to rebuff every 7 minutes is rather annoying when fighting monsters for prolonged periods of time (lisent / chem farming.. whatever). These self buffs should be increased to 900s as opposed to the current 420s.

Consumable buff potions should fall under the same category as self buffs since they can be used at any time (like self buffs) and should be increased to 900s from 600s as well.

Cleric buffs are slightly more complex than the previous two.. as they are stonger in most cases than anything else. However this doesn't 100% mean they should be shortened. instead I would opt for an increase from 1200s to 1800s. As people might ask for a cleric to buff them and wander off for 30 minutes to level etc...

Either way the current timers need adjustment to last a bit longer than they currently do (especially the self buffs... 7 minutes is nothing)

Thoughts?

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Sure, why not? Even 10 minutes would be fine, but it's nice that the DEVS raised it from 5 to 7 in the first place.

#3 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

The idea of increasing that 7 min timer is good, it can be annoying when playing having to rebuff so often but there may be reasons for certain ones like evasive guard ( exeption i know). Alot of classes have buffs which are stronger then the cleric versions, even top notch high int clerics, safeguard def buff or mirror phantasm dodge buff to name 2. Some buffpots are also better then the cleric buffs, hp and ap to name two.

The benefit of the cleric is longer lasting buffs + heals and support skills. A debuff isnt so much a problem when a cleric is close by ( pvp not included xD).

Either way the current timers need adjustment to last a bit longer than they currently do (especially the self buffs... 7 minutes is nothing)

I agree they could do with a higher timer like 10min ^^.

#4 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

The idea of increasing that 7 min timer is good, it can be annoying when playing having to rebuff so often but there may be reasons for certain ones like evasive guard ( exeption i know). Alot of classes have buffs which are stronger then the cleric versions, even top notch high int clerics, safeguard def buff or mirror phantasm dodge buff to name 2. Some buffpots are also better then the cleric buffs, hp and ap to name two.

The benefit of the cleric is longer lasting buffs + heals and support skills. A debuff isnt so much a problem when a cleric is close by ( pvp not included xD).

I agree they could do with a higher timer like 10min ^^.

Evasion guard should last ten minutes, or at least as long as the cooldown.

#5 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

Lol being a raider sucks just for that reason... and it seems like those buffs always run out on the wrong time (uw).

#6 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

self buffs should last longer.

#7 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

I honestly, think they are fine they way they are, in the fact that it's something you have to deal with if you want to be more effective/durable.

#8 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

I'm up for increases as long as Clerics also get the same amount of increase or more. We don't need the other classes getting nearly the same amount of time.

#9 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

yea i had having te rebuff myself every 7 minutes
it sounds pretty long but its kind of short T_T
so yea ive thought of that idea for a while as well

and i also agree with the cleric buffs up

i'd self buffs 10 minutes or longer
cleric buffs 30 minutes
dont care about the pots much i think 10 minutes is fine
maybe IM pots on 12 minutes or something and craftables on 8?

#10 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

Evasion guard should last ten minutes, or at least as long as the cooldown.

Things like evasive guard but also shield reflects are meant to be short lived buffs which give a strong power for a short time. Granted dodge isnt as effective as it used to be but thats the patches not the skill, gives def too anyway ^^

#11 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:27 AM

self buffs should last longer.

Agreed! +1

0 user(s) are reading this topic