Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans. - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday May 12, Maintenance plans.

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

Here is my current worksheet for what we are working on.

• VIP dungeon Overlook Water Dungeon will be set to VIP only
  • Overlook Water dungeon will get 5 quests put in place, each giving exp and a special reward. Finishing all 5 will give an additional reward that we think players will like! Inside the dungeon when you get your exp reward you will get your item reward too.
  • Valk 4th God seal will be updated to actually work correctly on all servers.
  • Seal quests will have their quest journal informations.
  • HD Refiner will have a "count down" that tells you how many attempts he sees you have remaining, this should help players keep track to avoid being at a too low upgrade and run out.
  • There will be some Kafra shop updates with new items!
  • You may want to hold onto any slotting advertisements you may have.. hint hint.
  • Kafra Gals and Kafra Refine NPCs will all be found on Floor 2 of Eden Group and Payon. (All prontera/Juno Kafras except Dye shop will removed)
  • Yggdrasil will get the 50/100 seal status like Valkyrie.
  • 10x Boxes of HD Elunium added for 100 pt You can trade the boxes
  • 10x Boxes of HD Oridecon added for 100pt you can trade the boxes
  • 10x Box of Gym Pass added for 500pt you can trade the boxes
  • Town adventure box contains 10 of all the dungeon and town scrolls for 200 pts
  • May Lucky Box added
  • Lucky Crate sold in Kafra shop, contains 5 May Lucky Packs sold for 1200 pts.
  • Randgris Mob will now be more proactive
  • Water Dungeon monsters will hit a bit more often than before, and some will not be cast interrupted in some situations.
There are other things we are working on at the same time but I do not know if it will be complete in time for thursday, so I don't want to mention it and have it be late.

Will check on the Kafra warps in the Veins / Rachel area to be sure there is a valid warp path back.

As for the Overlook dungeon We are going to raise the monsters "hit" but not their damage done, I know for players that have twinked gear from years of playing this won't make these monsters a big challenge, but that particular dungeon is more for getting players up to the lvl 70 or so. It would be very easy to oops and make them too hard at that particular level range. From the outside there will be a warp to the floors you have conquered already (based on which floors quests you have finished).

Looked at the Magestic Goat making quest (sealed shrine Bapho) and I from the 2 characters I looked at it appears the error is they spoke to the priest to go in the dungeon again, instead of going to make the Huge Horns. Everytime you make a new dungeon to go into your variables stating you "did it" get erased, and thuse your eligibility to make the horns. Advice is to kill the bapho, and immediately take your dolls and horns and go make your big horns and starting Pimpin around Prontera.

We will begin opening more WoE maps on Yggdrasil. We plan to more fully open WoE on Yggdrasil in June.

#2 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

This is random, but the kafra stacker won't stack Dungeon Teleport Scrolls. Thought you guys could fix that real quick ;p

#3 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

Sounds interesting...im curious what we would need the slot ads for and what the special prize will be now...though i dont have VIP so i probly will have to ask someone later. Oh i also wanted to know if you looked at the Mistress Problem in Endless Tower? Is it fixed or are you planning to fix it on thurs?

#4 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

Also, spare card is still white. ;)

#5 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

I could have used that count down last week when it was too late for me to realize I was running low on zeny...

#6 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

Slot ad + sunnies = S. Sunnies? ;)

#7 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:24 PM

I noticed the Fantastic Wig from the Kafra Shop was replaced by the Side Cap headgear... was that intentional? I want to buy a Fantastic Wig. ;) Speaking of Kafra Shop, will the Kafra Shop NPCs come back to Juno and Prontera?

#8 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I noticed the Fantastic Wig from the Kafra Shop was replaced by the Side Cap headgear... was that intentional? I want to buy a Fantastic Wig. ;) Speaking of Kafra Shop, will the Kafra Shop NPCs come back to Juno and Prontera?

You can still buy fantastic wig from kafra shop inside the dye hair building in prontera. This is for Ymir though.

#9 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Interested in seeing what these items will be.

#10 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

*VIP dungeon Overlook Water Dungeon will be set to VIP only
*Overlook Water dungeon will get 5 quests put in place, each giving exp and a special reward. Finishing all 5 will give an additional reward that we think players will like!

Are there any plans to change the dungeon? The monsters were still unchallenging...

#11 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

That you think players will like? @@ I'm kind of excited, but also kind of scared...

#12 chasko

chasko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

You can still buy fantastic wig from kafra shop inside the dye hair building in prontera. This is for Ymir though.

Oh right! Totally forgot. Thanks ;)

#13 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

BTW Heim, if you want to make the Water Dungeon more challenging, consider giving phen effect to swordfish, deviace, and strouf. I made a 75 Minstrel in a couple days from a non-trans archer and solo'd through the water dungeon twice with no troubles. I would have at least been forced to fly wing from danger if I couldn't stop their waterballs.

Also, double all the monster's HP, quintuple their attack, triple the base EXP, and quadrupile their Job EXP. Way too easy. I hope the quests are worthwhile.

Also, consider giving Orc Village warp back to non-vips. That warp from pront and geffen has always been there. Oh and please consider putting back the save option at the orc village kafra for VIPs. While I'm on a Orc kick, I'd love you long time if you made a VIP only map out of the now removed West Orc map. Super HOs for players in their 100s-120s would be awesome!

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Is there a place that provides a VIP warp to Glast Heim? If not, might be an opportune time to add it into the list. Perhaps add it into the Geffen Kafra's teleport list.

A VIP teleport option from Rachel's Kafra to Ice Dungeon would be nice too.

Edited by GuardianTK, 09 May 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#15 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Is the Overlook Water Dungeon still going to be only 30-75? And will there be Eden warps to the different levels? Because it's annoying to have to go outside every time you need to re-endow.

#16 Otheos

Otheos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

You may want to hold onto any slotting advertisements you may have..

Thank you.

#17 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:49 AM

• VIP dungeon Overlook Water Dungeon will be set to VIP only
  • Overlook Water dungeon will get 5 quests put in place, each giving exp and a special reward. Finishing all 5 will give an additional reward that we think players will like!
  • Valk 4th God seal will be updated to actually work correctly.
  • Seal quests will have their quest journal informations.
  • HD Refiner will have a "count down" that tells you how many attempts he sees you have remaining, this should help players keep track to avoid being at a too low upgrade and run out.
  • There will be some Kafra shop updates with new items!
  • You may want to hold onto any slotting advertisements you may have.. hint hint.
There are other things we are working on at the same time but I do not know if it will be complete in time for thursday, so Idon't want to mention it and have it be late.

1. If additional feedback or grand opening type advertisement is desired, perhaps the VIP only restriction on Overlook Dungeon should be delayed?

4. Great!

5. Some type of HD-upgrading insurance consumable might be a popular item.

#18 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

maybe uncarding service with the slot ad *.*

#19 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:17 AM

hmm, seals on Ygg are 25/50 atm. I thought it suppose to be 50/100 . Can you fix that this maintenance? Thanks

#20 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Is there a place that provides a VIP warp to Glast Heim? If not, might be an opportune time to add it into the list. Perhaps add it into the Geffen Kafra's teleport list.

A VIP teleport option from Rachel's Kafra to Ice Dungeon would be nice too.

GH definitely. And a way to get from Rachel that does not consist of the Airship maybe (when the Harpy event was up I'd take the Harpy VIP teleporter to get to Juno ;)).

I don't have a lot of Slotting Ads, but interested to see what comes out of this though.

Edited by Katreyn, 10 May 2011 - 03:46 AM.

#21 Jimmyawake

Jimmyawake

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:14 AM

Im not sure if this is the place to put this...
but VIP accounts should be able to warp back to prontera from Racheal and Veins. This is more of an annoyance of having to take the airship as a VIP.

#22 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:44 AM

Slot ad + sunnies = S. Sunnies? ;)

+1 this post

Also, consider giving Orc Village warp back to non-vips. That warp from pront and geffen has always been there. Oh and please consider putting back the save option at the orc village kafra for VIPs. While I'm on a Orc kick, I'd love you long time if you made a VIP only map out of the now removed West Orc map. Super HOs for players in their 100s-120s would be awesome!

also +1 this post so hard

i love orcs and killing them so much

Edited by Cubical, 10 May 2011 - 04:46 AM.

#23 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

Getting back West High Orcs would be a major deal for me when it comes to playing more.

I'd go there just like in the old days =w=

But liking the updates !

Seems like you're getting a lot done Heim, finding your will of fire for iRO is important. Keep it up !

At the same time though.. I can't help but feel slightly worried over these "new kafra items".

#24 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:20 AM

I really like these early maintenance notes. This is good stuff! As for slotting ads, I can only guess... maybe we will get slotted Fairy, Angel Wing Ears, or even Pinions?

#25 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

There will be some Kafra shop updates with new items!

hope this is some sort of gear to resist either howling, deep sleep or mode:cold from diamond dust
a non slotted armor would be perfect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users