Doing attack mage, intelligence or attack power? - Muse Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Doing attack mage, intelligence or attack power?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fwpxie

fwpxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm building an attack mage, yet I'm wondering whether I should focus on getting maximum intelligence or maximum attack power.

I tried searching but haven't really come across any threads specifically about this.

#2 SelasVic

SelasVic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

uhm, depends on your style - there are good mages like Jstnnn who plays high Int (T7) or mages like festermage that hmm try max Ap (D7) - all has its advantages and disadvantages:
Attackpower (D7):
+ hard hits
+ faster kills
- low MP
- lower buffs
- lower def etc
Int (T7):
+ better selfbuffs
+ better for farming
+ high mp pool
+ more survivability through Int->mdef
- massive lower AP->hits (except on dodge raiders)

Also nice is using SA7 stones if you pvp/war alot - but you should find your own way of playing a mage =) - really nice class ;)
stat-build of mage depends on its intension:
PvPMages should play with 200-300 Con while farmer have ordinary max 200 Con.

the left points you should put in Str or Int. A good neutral build is 200 Con 350 Int left points strength ;) ofc there re more ways of stating/playing mages....

#3 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Also keep in mind, changing what kind of Mage, whether offensive or defensive, is only the difference of changing your equips. You could have two sets of equips and could change your Mage entirely. Luminous for defensive and buffing purposes, Chivalrous for attack power. Your accessories also add into this as you may use a T7 or D7 depending on the build. You can also mix and match and have a well-rounded Mage.

#4 SelasVic

SelasVic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Silly u have more AP on lumi than on Chiva :) and chiva is more defense ;D

#5 LaCicero

LaCicero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

Is having more survivability necessary if you have someone tanking?

#6 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Is having more survivability necessary if you have someone tanking?

Depends if we are talking about pvm or pvp.

In pvp mages are already very soft targets, getting all the survivability you can get is vital once things like ap and acc are taken care of.

In pvm mages dont need alot of survivability if you have a cleric, if you add a lure to that and maybe even a tanking knight you will just need to kill. If you want to solo or aoe good hard spots you might be better of getting more def and just pressing a AOE twice.

The def they are talking about is mdef, which is related to magic attack damage. Since only certain skills, mages and certain monsters do this damage not alot of people stack up on it, but it still has it uses if someone knows how to exploit that. Idk how usefull having large ammounts is though, walk by just before uw starts, maybe you can find a char wearing luminous.

Since mages have int as main stat they already get higher mdef then most classes as int gives that among other things, therefor trying to up your def using chivalrous can make you stronger allround as you are able to survive longer against normal attacks as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users