Suggestion for spear champs - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion for spear champs

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sandrock

Sandrock

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

We all know that there are three types of champions namely two-handed sword champ, spear champ, and axe champ.
The passive skill two-handed sword mastery when maxed gives additional 30% two-handed sword attack power and 20% accuracy.
The passive skill axe mastery when maxed gives additional 30% axe attack power and 20% critical.
However, since the additional movement speed in spear mastery has been removed, spear mastery only gives additional 30% spear attack power.
I suggest that the skill spear mastery should have additional passive effect (except movement speed) in order to maintain fairness from other champion types. I suggest adding attack speed for spear mastery OR dodge rate (dodge champ).

Another proposal i want to make is about the champion skill called "Charge." I would like to ask if you could edit the effect of the skill. It would be nice if the movement speed buff (from buff pot or cleric buff) doesn't disappear after using charge.

That's all thank you.

Edited by Sandrock, 12 May 2011 - 07:30 AM.

#2 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

make an additional movement speed buff, like additional damage for charge.

#3 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

make an additional movement speed buff, like additional damage for charge.

Was suggested a while back and I still agree XD clerics have Attack up and additional damage up (even though it is misleading) so why aren't the super strong super short buffs "Additional ___ up"

I noticed that they did that to spear champs. Personally I would have been fine if they'd just changed the amount of sp required to learn the passives and left the benefits of learning each alone. If they want spd champ go for it but it will come at a cost.

#4 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Swords are pretty much superioir to Spears at the moment, can't really say anything about axes but the substats on the epic are pretty poor for the weapon, not to mention the 40% acc from sword passives is much better than the 40% crit on axes.

Regardless, using Epic weapons...

Sword has:

Higher Attack Power
Higher Accuracy (Even despite the fact that the epic spear has a bold 147 acc, the base of the sword is that much higher that it outweighs it)
Higher Crit (not really that useful)
More Skill Points (This is a big one)

Spear has:
Higher Mspeed
Higher Attack Speed
4m higher range but this is only relevant to melees, and one or two close ranged skills

Honestly, give the spear mastery a secondary stat (10% aspeed or something that is applicaple to all champ weapons, not just spears), and if necessary lower the sword mastery passive to 10% acc to avoid making the close stronger.

#5 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Mspd and aspd is a big controversial problem when it come to champ. When they first replace the mspd with aspd, the aspd champ muted someone and still able to chop away at a very high killing rate.

Most champ suggestion to me are really a big self promotion of what each individual want for themselves and not as a whole for the game play.

With their def and ap, top with high hp ... You do the math.

#6 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I know they are still a bit overpowered, I'd like to see some defense removed myself. But that doesn't mean one weapon passive should be obsolete over the other two. And if Aspeed isn't ideal, what else do you suggest?

#7 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

I know they are still a bit overpowered, I'd like to see some defense removed myself. But that doesn't mean one weapon passive should be obsolete over the other two. And if Aspeed isn't ideal, what else do you suggest?

Mdef :-) or dodge seem fair enough.

#8 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

Mdef :-) or dodge seem fair enough.

LOL... thats by far the worst suggestion ever lol.__. mdef is fine, but dodge?oh my...

#9 Shaddieh

Shaddieh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

attack speed wouldn't be overpowered for champs if it wasn't for the cleric buff which is also overpowered(how much was it again??) which would make any dps char overpowered. And how about making all melee skills that require weapon have their range equal to the weapon... i like the additional ___ up suggestion...

#10 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

LOL... thats by far the worst suggestion ever lol.__. mdef is fine, but dodge?oh my...

Obviously you are one of those that play standard OP class and wanted more. I won't blame you for not trying different build. Int and Dex build might be a change of variety for champs. People always ask for variety and more option on build, and here is the suggestion for that to start evolving the champ rather then always asking for msdp and aspd.

Side note for the one who talk about cleric buff is OP, you are totally insane, what else is cleric good for without buff? Just to clarify, cleric buff is only slightly better then all other class buff and some are even weaker.

#11 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

Magic defense isn't really logical at all.

Dodge, maybe, I could see that. I mean, look at the advanced spear mastery:

Posted Image

Hell, the 2 handed spear mastery is outdated in description too:

Posted Image

#12 Shaddieh

Shaddieh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Side note for the one who talk about cleric buff is OP, you are totally insane, what else is cleric good for without buff? Just to clarify, cleric buff is only slightly better then all other class buff and some are even weaker.

only the atk speed buff is overpowered since they changed the system and it gives like 28% more than a buff pot that alone could make an atk spd champ still formidable even when muted, everything else is fine..

as for spear mastery... they should just go with the description but change the move speed bonus to real numbers not percentages max at 50ms or they should just go with all dodge

#13 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Magic defense isn't really logical at all.

Dodge, maybe, I could see that. I mean, look at the advanced spear mastery:

Posted Image

Hell, the 2 handed spear mastery is outdated in description too:

Posted Image

The description part can be hang easily for them if they really wanted to.

I throw in mdef is because most of the selfish champ out there discriminating mages kill them easily because they never consider putting any point into int to raise their mdef or wear eq that help them.

#14 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

only the atk speed buff is overpowered since they changed the system and it gives like 28% more than a buff pot that alone could make an atk spd champ still formidable even when muted, everything else is fine..

as for spear mastery... they should just go with the description but change the move speed bonus to real numbers not percentages max at 50ms or they should just go with all dodge

The aspd was never a problem for raider because their status of the class itself and skill is not as strong as champ. So in your argument if that was the case that the cleric buff on aspd is too OP, how come raider couldn't get that benefit and only champ can?

Take away the accuracy from sword and the crit from axe rather adding something that is not going to work, especially mspd.

That's my opinion ...

#15 Shaddieh

Shaddieh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

... So in your argument if that was the case that the cleric buff on aspd is too OP, how come raider couldn't get that benefit and only champ can?

Take away the accuracy from sword and the crit from axe rather adding something that is not going to work, especially mspd.

That's my opinion ...

everyone depends on clerics now that some self buffs are ignored and almost everyone have the same builds for each class, the game has lost diversity.

and how about returning the effects of the mastery to a specific weapon only... just the mastery not the active skills(since others will complain about it anyways) and it could cost like 1.5-2x more sp to max one mastery... like advanced 2-hand mastery would branch to the advanced 2-hand sword, spear, axe then 2hsword would have a new skill that would branch from it that increases acc and would require additional sp's to max..

we're basically splitting the skill's effect to 2 skills the additional damage passive would cost somewhere around 9 sp's and bonus effect passive would cost additional 5 sp's

#16 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

everyone depends on clerics now that some self buffs are ignored and almost everyone have the same builds for each class, the game has lost diversity.

and how about returning the effects of the mastery to a specific weapon only... just the mastery not the active skills(since others will complain about it anyways) and it could cost like 1.5-2x more sp to max one mastery... like advanced 2-hand mastery would branch to the advanced 2-hand sword, spear, axe then 2hsword would have a new skill that would branch from it that increases acc and would require additional sp's to max..

we're basically splitting the skill's effect to 2 skills the additional damage passive would cost somewhere around 9 sp's and bonus effect passive would cost additional 5 sp's

Splitting up for the bonus effect would be a good idea but I don't think 9 sp would be enough. If they do want the added bonus they should sacrifice more sp.

Quick example, raider need to put in (I believe was) 36 points in order to have extra acc on dual side. Cleric need bout the same to get off hand block rate.

#17 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

This would only restrict players builds to being generic clones of one another.

#18 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

This would only restrict players builds to being generic clones of one another.

It's te same for any other classes at the moment. Why make only champ have the diversity of getting whatever without a weapon req?

I guess my thought process was quicker then what I wanted to write.

If you split the skill up and want to use axe for example and wanted to have the extra acc from sword. You can max out the sword and the get the acc which apply to all weapon.

#19 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

Diversity isn't a bad thing. I've said it countless times before but other classes should have more options to lead to different builds instead of just champs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users