yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Okay, to start off, I am a new cleric. I've always played the combat classes because I thought being a cleric would be dumb and easy. But to tell you the truth it's not. What I am really looking for is an update to the cleric class, seeing as they haven't gotten one in .. a few years, correct me if I am wrong. I have thought up several ways to make them a more interesting class, not just one for people to make and use to farm/buff with.
  • Give the clerics more passives
  • Make their passives take LESS skill points to max
  • More attack skills, or make the ones they have more powerful
  • Raise the strength of summons, because they are just 100% useless at the moment
  • Give them some special ability, other than buffs of course, because any class can buff. :)
The reason I am posting this topic is because of the simple fact, that without clerics, every class is pretty much useless. I know clerics aren't supposed to be an offensive class. But I've tried other games, and I love the way they have clerics built there. With the current armor system, also being a battle cleric seems useless, and impossible. I would also like to see changes to the epic wand, because it is pointless for anyone to get really, because it's stats are far worse than any of the level 200 wands. To sum it all up, I would just like to see clerics getting a few changes in the future. Seeing as they are one of the most important classes in the game, and are currently being ignored.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'm kind of glad this was brought up again. There was an in depth discussion about clerics man months ago but it has been long forgotten.

#3 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

I'm kind of glad this was brought up again. There was an in depth discussion about clerics man months ago but it has been long forgotten.

Thank you for your support Phish :)

#4 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:39 PM

I completely agree with this. And yes, they are really hard to control and maintain.

At times they're much more active than all other classes due to healing/buffs/summon.

Edited by Rukario, 12 May 2011 - 02:39 PM.

#5 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

but the won't get an update for years anyway. new IM content takes precedence.

#6 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

but the won't get an update for years anyway. new IM content takes precedence.

They have already said they are done with the IM updates. All they were focusing on was getting IM in game.

#7 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

"Give them some special ability" is pretty much a lie, they have the most special abilities of any class. There have been many threads about making clerics stronger, so it is clear the community wants it. An even better option would be to implement 3rd classes and have whatever cleric classes up into gain offensive capabilities.

#8 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

"Give them some special ability" is pretty much a lie, they have the most special abilities of any class. There have been many threads about making clerics stronger, so it is clear the community wants it. An even better option would be to implement 3rd classes and have whatever cleric classes up into gain offensive capabilities.

Clerics in neighboring games have possession of "Holy" magic, so that would be rather interesting.

#9 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

• Raise the strength of summons, because they are just 100% useless at the moment
  • Give them some special ability, other than buffs of course, because any class can buff. :o
With the current armor system, also being a battle cleric seems useless, and impossible. I would also like to see changes to the epic wand, because it is pointless for anyone to get really, because it's stats are far worse than any of the level 200 wands. To sum it all up, I would just like to see clerics getting a few changes in the future. Seeing as they are one of the most important classes in the game, and are currently being ignored.

I have been asking for the SP required for the battle mastery passives to be dropped for months. It's rediculous that every class (that i've played) has their main passive as 9 SP required and clerics need 18 when most clerics don't even fight.
I personally think that clerics should be a hybrid of buffs and atks and when they go third job have something like an angel and a fairy. Angel would be "FS" and have pure supportive skills and the Fairy (being the mischeivious magical creature. look it up) would have the attacks making an "atk cleric" class.
The epics need to be rethoughtout. +1

Welcome to the world of clerics: always on your toes or flat on your back =)

#10 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Welcome to the world of clerics: always on your toes or flat on your back =)

Well, so far, I'm staying on my feet! ;D

#11 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Well, so far, I'm staying on my feet! ;D

U get to prison yet?

#12 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:31 PM

U get to prison yet?

Considering i'm 205, and have 3 +10 sets.. i'd say i've been to prison a few times before..

#13 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

Considering i'm 205, and have 3 +10 sets.. i'd say i've been to prison a few times before..

lol didn't see the signature. i'm impressed :o I died so many times there lmao. of course i just wore whatever armor i happened to pick up...

#14 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:47 PM

lol didn't see the signature. i'm impressed :o I died so many times there lmao. of course i just wore whatever armor i happened to pick up...

Well, i'm a defence cleric. I don't die much.. Atm i have +10 legendary set, +10 prec set, and most of a +10 chival set

#15 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Well, i'm a defence cleric. I don't die much.. Atm i have +10 legendary set, +10 prec set, and most of a +10 chival set

If you're a defense cleric, why didn't you get Luminous or Chivalrous first? Lol

#16 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

If you're a defense cleric, why didn't you get Luminous or Chivalrous first? Lol

Once again, try reading. I have a +10 chival set. And mspd is a more important factor for defence clerics, because you can't kill what you can't catch. Stop quoting on things you know nothing about.

#17 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

Dude you get a lot of hate comments in the past few days!! :o
You are one of a kind :)

Once again, try reading. I have a +10 chival set. And mspd is a more important factor for defence clerics, because you can't kill what you can't catch. Stop quoting on things you know nothing about.

It is illegal to create 100 warpportal accounts in the same name so I AM VERY SORRY if I caan only add +1 to your reputation. Have a good day :P

#18 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:19 AM

It was a simple question, no need to get knotted up.

I only asked because you said you had "most" of the set, yet you appear to have the full sets of others.

You are one of a kind.

Nah, just shows how people are. Probably an eye-opener for other members.

Edited by Rukario, 14 May 2011 - 03:48 AM.

#19 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Dude you get a lot of hate comments in the past few days!! :o
You are one of a kind :)

It is illegal to create 100 warpportal accounts in the same name so I AM VERY SORRY if I caan only add +1 to your reputation. Have a good day :P

Thanks!! ;D

#20 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Okay, to start off, I am a new cleric. I've always played the combat classes because I thought being a cleric would be dumb and easy. But to tell you the truth it's not. What I am really looking for is an update to the cleric class, seeing as they haven't gotten one in .. a few years, correct me if I am wrong. I have thought up several ways to make them a more interesting class, not just one for people to make and use to farm/buff with.

• Give them some special ability, other than buffs of course, because any class can buff. :D
The reason I am posting this topic is because of the simple fact, that without clerics, every class is pretty much useless. I know clerics aren't supposed to be an offensive class. But I've tried other games, and I love the way they have clerics built there. With the current armor system, also being a battle cleric seems useless, and impossible. I would also like to see changes to the epic wand, because it is pointless for anyone to get really, because it's stats are far worse than any of the level 200 wands. To sum it all up, I would just like to see clerics getting a few changes in the future. Seeing as they are one of the most important classes in the game, and are currently being ignored.

Let's not forgot the purpose of cleric, cleric has probably the best buffs. (Some buff pots give better stats, but only last 10 mins) while a cleric's buff lasts 20 minutes. Cleric was meant to be support, you already have a few stuns you can use to help the person you're backing up. I agree on making summons better they get dropped pretty easily. But if you give a class too much power, it'll just be a repeated process that the devs are trying to fix. Muse had two options: Mage,Cleric. Basiclly it was meant to be Mage (Offensive Muse 2nd Job) Cleric (Supportive Muse 2nd Job). In other games "cleric" would be the name for magic/wizards overall.

@Epic wand: Lol it's totally useless i agree should give higher int than Legendary Amazing brush. Nothing "Epic" about this wand.

#21 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

http://forums.warppo...c-improvements/

There have been many good suggestions to improve cleric but they have long since forgotten. How many of these changes have actually been made? Zero!

#22 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Thanks None that was a good thread on clerics and I know for sure they Devs looked at the highlights from that.
Another good post was from Phish about int effecting buffs again
http://forums.warppo...__1#entry301977
I still have hopes that they work on clerics a bit, it's not like we haven't given them ideas!

#23 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/3787-cleric-improvements/

There have been many good suggestions to improve cleric but they have long since forgotten. How many of these changes have actually been made? Zero!

Hehehe regarding cleric is just like your name ... None!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users