What do you think of the current exp system? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What do you think of the current exp system?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

I think its ok.. well sort of, I love the fact that mobs 1 level to 14 levels above give bonus exp, But IMO I think anything below your level should always give full exp/job exp and drops. This way you have a choice of taking more risk for more reward, or you can stay where your comfortable.

I miss pre-renewal when you could level to 99 anywhere you wanted, hell even on porings if your were a massive masochist.

#2 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:45 PM

I miss old job level exp it's too damn slow now.

#3 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:48 PM

After I trans'd, I had a level 2 High Archer just by normally killing things.

Base exp growth should, to an extent, stay roughly in line with job experience growth imo, especially at lower levels.

#4 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

I think its ok.. well sort of, I love the fact that mobs 1 level to 14 levels above give bonus exp, But IMO I think anything below your level should always give full exp/job exp and drops. This way you have a choice of taking more risk for more reward, or you can stay where your comfortable.

I miss pre-renewal when you could level to 99 anywhere you wanted, hell even on porings if your were a massive masochist.

I wouldn't mind if the exp was 100% no matter how much under your level the monster was. But, yeah, theres always a "but", I think it makes sense that you get half the droprate from monsters that are much weaker then you, if you are able to kill monsters much faster and more efficent then any character at the appropriate level according to the monster, then you should have a lower chance to get the loot.

Say you are a warlock, teleporting around and killing creamys with wholescreen aoes, while a swordsman is running around and killing one by one with 5 seconds each monster or so.

I dunno, maybe the warlock should have the right to have a better chance because he has leveled all the way to get that strong, but I still think it makes more sense that they should have a more even chance.

#5 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

After I trans'd, I had a level 2 High Archer just by normally killing things.

Base exp growth should, to an extent, stay roughly in line with job experience growth imo, especially at lower levels.

Base level 2 archer? WTH? what did you kill lol?

#6 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

I wouldn't mind if the exp was 100% no matter how much under your level the monster was. But, yeah, theres always a "but", I think it makes sense that you get half the droprate from monsters that are much weaker then you, if you are able to kill monsters much faster and more efficent then any character at the appropriate level according to the monster, then you should have a lower chance to get the loot.

Say you are a warlock, teleporting around and killing creamys with wholescreen aoes, while a swordsman is running around and killing one by one with 5 seconds each monster or so.

I dunno, maybe the warlock should have the right to have a better chance because he has leveled all the way to get that strong, but I still think it makes more sense that they should have a more even chance.

Hmm yeah I guess exp and drops is asking too much, Your right i'd be happy just if they'd always give 100% base/job exp no matter how high above them you are just drop the drop rate down to 50%.

#7 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

The exp system as it sits is just awful. I don't like being hearded to one (maybe two) map(s) just because thats the level I'm at. Worst of all is that as you get higher levels and need to kill higher level monsters the exp is almost the same. Kill a bio 2 monster with 40+k hp get 5k exp. Kill a bio 3 monster with almost 5x the hp and difficulty and get roughly 10k exp???

How about removing the stupid level caps and just make the exp half the hp the monster has? So If at 120+ I want to hunt a poring that has 60hp I get 30exp but if I hunt a bio 2 monster with 40k hp I get 20k exp. And if at level 80 I can manage to actually kill a bio 2 monster with 20k hp I should still get 20k exp.

#8 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

I very much so feel this. I liked before trans when we got job 50 before max level. With trans, at least it was semi-understandable to take longer to get job 70. But with third class, it feels like takes a lifetime to get job 30 never mind 50. I would definitely love to see it evened out, or jobs going faster in general (at least first few jobs or something...).

I don't mind the bonus exp, but I miss being able to level where I feel like. Also, been hunting a couple items with friend lately. Every place that is too high level for us is already easy as crap, with maybe a smidge of challenge. We would love to level off them that way, but can't because it gives us crap exp. :/ So no, we have to wait till the place is probably going to be ridiculously easy to do it. :<

Edited by Katreyn, 13 May 2011 - 04:29 PM.

#9 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

I very much so feel this. I liked before trans when we got job 50 before max level. With trans, at least it was semi-understandable to take longer to get job 70. But with third class, it feels like takes a lifetime to get job 30 never mind 50. I would definitely love to see it evened out, or jobs going faster in general (at least first few jobs or something...).

I don't mind the bonus exp, but I miss being able to level where I feel like. Also, been hunting a couple items with friend lately. Every place that is too high level for us is already easy as crap, with maybe a smidge of challenge. We would love to level off them that way, but can't because it gives us crap exp. :/ So no, we have to wait till the place is probably going to be ridiculously easy to do it. :<

Yeah my Monk at level like 80 had enough flee to get 95% dodge and 100% hit on magmarings.. well not sure on the hit but I know I had the flee, but I can't kill them till 95 or so at the minimum, kinda irks me, since they die faster than dark priests and aren't nearly as annoying. I am 93 almost 94 now but I can't seem to find a mob thats 10 levels apart that is close by.. Might try kobolds maybe. The problem with higher level monsters is they actually give less Exp per hp than lower level monsters. Not a big deal if you can 1 shot them but if you can't it matters. At 93 I could prob get better exp in orc dungeon than killing dark priests if they would give 100% xp.

Edited by Siveria, 13 May 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#10 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden

Posted 13 May 2011 - 04:32 PM

Yeah my Monk at level like 80 had enough flee to get 95% dodge and 100% hit on magmarings.. well not sure on the hit but I know I had the flee, but I can't kill them till 95 or so at the minimum, kinda irks me, since they die faster than dark priests and aren't nearly as annoying.

^This, I was stuck at Stapos for 2 days because I wasn't high enough to go Magmarings yet...
I dislike Stapos so very much.

Edited by meaning42, 13 May 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#11 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

^This, I was stuck at Stapos for 2 days because I wasn't high enough to go Magmarings yet...
I dislike Stapos so very much.

Heimdall was talking about removing exp entirely and making it a kills per level thing, where killing higher lv targets lowers the count faster or something. Was in his RO future plans thread I believe.

#12 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:15 PM

People would just do what they do with homunculus, sit at ant eggs til 80-99 with a mercenary. :o

I am against the idea. The exp curve does need to be looked at, but not completely removed, especially when going into the lower level range. I think the base exp of monsters needs to be boosted more as you reach higher levels instead.

#13 kira26

kira26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

Job exp grows way too slow for 3rd job...relative to base exp

Again character should reach job lv 50 at 130 like heim said before...

I simply lost my interest and passion before I get the coolest skill of that class :o

Edited by kira26, 13 May 2011 - 06:18 PM.

#14 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

Should this Thread be mowed to Specific renewal Feed back? Like This one?

#15 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

test.

Edited by Sera, 13 May 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#16 Kimmy

Kimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIn the kitchen.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Base level 2 archer? WTH? what did you kill lol?

I was base level 3 high merchant. Lol

#17 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:04 PM

lunatics and porings then savage bebes

#18 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:06 PM

It's tedious to level, even more so than prerenewal. There are only so many maps that fill the prerequisite for fast leveling by being mobby. That is the only was to keep leveling challenging and thus enjoyable.

Otherwise the only challenge for xp opportunity in game is MvPs. And those were never meant to satisfy such a need, as they form of player PvM competition.

#19 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

u need to stop trolling :o and level you n00000b. get to 3rd class. then you can-_- about exp

#20 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

u need to stop trolling :o and level you n00000b. get to 3rd class. then you can-_- about exp

Apparently-_- as you can see people kinda agree with me, so who's the noob now? I may not be a 3rd job yet but people who are agree. So you should just shut the frak up, also try to learn the diffrence between trolling and having a discussion. Since you don't seem to know the diffrence.

#21 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Try that with monster that has limited spawn rate...

#22 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

You know, if monsters that are lower level than me gave full exp, I'd be in the same dungeon all my life. The only reason you leave a good dungeon like Magma2 is because you can get better exp somewhere else due to level penalty. Exp/hp ratio is seriously bad. Imo, it should be the first thing they look at, because leveling on a monster with 40k that actually gave similar exp to monster with 12k hp is just absurd.

Also, did kobolds at 89 or so, was pretty good exp if you get linked and RT mob.

#23 Orath

Orath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

the Exp is fine just there is not barely any places for a 130+ char to really level at.

#24 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:49 AM

When you're a 3rd class character, you are SUPPOSED to be able to harvest items faster than a lv 5 swordsman. You've already put all the work into leveling your character. Drop penatly makes no sense at all.

We should not be punished for leveling. Also, not all monsters are mob-able either.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 14 May 2011 - 03:50 AM.

#25 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

You know, if monsters that are lower level than me gave full exp, I'd be in the same dungeon all my life. The only reason you leave a good dungeon like Magma2 is because you can get better exp somewhere else due to level penalty. Exp/hp ratio is seriously bad. Imo, it should be the first thing they look at, because leveling on a monster with 40k that actually gave similar exp to monster with 12k hp is just absurd.

Also, did kobolds at 89 or so, was pretty good exp if you get linked and RT mob.

Would you still be in that same map all the time in instead of moving you around the world by punishing you exp, you were moved around by having better maps to look at?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users