#1 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I'm sure this has been thought of and/or posted, but I figured I would bring it up.

The main reason why this would help is due to the Zulie-drop spammers, trade chat spammers for scamming websites, and abusive players in-game; glitchers and all the rest. The in-game community is much larger than the forum community, and the only way we have to report people currently is to use the forums (through PM,) or to submit a ticket, which half of the time never works, doesn't get responded to (I've read multiple instances,) or the person trying to report a player is not of the English Language/Culture.

A very simple report system (with blocks on how to avoid people abusing it, such as requiring Zulie or some other instance,) would be a very good addition to the game.

--

An add-on to this system would be sending a chat log and/or a screenshot of the client as soon as the report is sent, and possibly a log of recent events (ignoring chat functions,) such as if someone proclaims to be scammed. The whole instance could be manipulated and used as you want and could provide optimal services. It could also allow players to send in bug reports while in-game instead of having to come onto the forums to post (but may do so as well.)

The ignore function works for people harassing you verbally, but it does not fix anything in regards to people stalking you, players continually advertising scam sites via Trade Chat or Shout, and does nothing against people dropping zulie in order to lag and crash the server. It does nothing in UW or other maps where players glitch in order to gain an advantage, etc etc.

Edited by Rukario, 15 May 2011 - 03:33 AM.

#2 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:21 AM

The ignore system works now :o

#3 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:29 AM

Eh, that doesn't solve the issue at all. You're saying to ignore all Terms of Service breakers, $USD Scammers, hackers, and glitchers?

As another person said, just because something that may help was fixed doesn't mean everyone should "sweep it under the rug."

#4 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:10 AM

Eh, that doesn't solve the issue at all. You're saying to ignore all Terms of Service breakers, $USD Scammers, hackers, and glitchers?

As another person said, just because something that may help was fixed doesn't mean everyone should "sweep it under the rug."

Complaining doesn't solve anything.

#5 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

Complaining doesn't solve anything.

I'm saying it's not a solution.

Edited by Rukario, 15 May 2011 - 03:29 AM.

#6 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

Xieg u can't /ignore some things and that is what Rukario is trying to get fixed. I like this idea. Another game I play has it and I've had to use it for people..emm..hitting on me.. I don't feel it should require a fee to use (wtf?) but, like on the forums, a popup should come up in game so you can describe what happened and there should be an automatic screenshot. This will give gravity more to work with. I think overall the issue would be: how to set that up?
Easy!
(Thank you Geddeh for putting this on the list)

(example from other game)
Posted Image

Edited by AlisiaMT, 15 May 2011 - 09:13 AM.

#7 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:03 PM

I've also said something about a drop-down list such as what that link has.

As for a fee? The fee is to prevent bots from spamming reports. A time limit on reports could fix that as well. I'm sure they could think of something to solve such a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users