May 19 Maintenance notes! - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 19 Maintenance notes!

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

May 19,

Boxter
  • Special things she will do include.
  • Piggy Bank hat will be worth 400 Brownie points OR an assured upgrade of an item to +5
  • Popcorn Hat will be worth 400 Brownie points OR an assured upgrade of an item to +5
  • Gemini crown/diadem will be 400 Brownie points
  • Spirit Augers, party buff scrolls, slotting advertisements.
  • She is on the 2nd floor of the Eden Group with the other Kafra gals.
Make the card reward for the Byalan dungeon receivable from the sign outside the dungeon rather than inside.

Troy is going to give a big discount when he uses the Slotting advertisements from May 19 - June 2, Bring the advertisement and the gear you want to slot and he will make the attempt without any zeny or metal cost. Even if he fails, you keep the weapon/armor you attempted with! List will be posted on the website asap.

Looking at NPCs that do the "force dialog" and frustrate you due to chance of DC. Those that I can get completed before maintenance will get updated so they do an emote instead of forced dialog.
  • Lighthalzen Pickpockets, no longer force dialog
  • Maestro job change gal in Lighthalzen no longer forces dialog
  • Arch Bishop job change, final npc will do an emote and you will need to click her to talk.
  • Continental guards in the towns do not force dialog.
  • Phoenix in payon no longer yells at you to get out of his sunlight.
  • All Eden group teleporters will intermittently do an emote to get attention.
Various Patchs

• Mother's Day quest is still in.
  • Drops level penalty is still turned OFF
  • double exp except for the byalan dungeon monsters
  • Thorn Traps are enabled in WoE 1
  • Baphomet giant horns quest should now work, kill the bapho and you should progress as you expect.
  • Valkyrie and Yggdrasil received the Ymir BG settings/maps. This is to see if they had the same issue as Ymir did, or if it is a seperate issue. Enjoy the smaller room requirements!
  • AR Scroll now uses Adrenaline Rush again.
Spell Timing changes

• Arrow Repel, fixed time reduced to .2s and gained a .3s stat variable cast
  • Arrow Vulcan : Stat cast time reduced to .8s moving up to 1.34s at lvl 10
    After cast dealy reduced to .5s
  • Frost Diver: after cast reduced to .9s
  • Falcon Assault : Aftercast reduced to 1s
  • Heal, Dec Agi, inc Agi : After cast delays reduced to .8s
  • Angelus : After cast delay reduced to 1.5s

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Creative iRO! I love you all!

Yayyyyy! First post

Ok, here's my two cents:
I very glad you guys are finally trying to make the boxter more attractive and for your effort, i'll buy a lucky crate today.
However, I hope you guys can raise the upgrade lvl to 7 or at least 6 because, assuming we are doing it for weapon lv 4 or armor, +0 to +4 is settled but +5 is just 90% with enriched ori and that is just but 4m or so FOR A PACK OF 5
next, the slotting ad thing was a little disappointing cause we expected like something big (silly me thinking you guys gonna add Troy gives special 1% chance to slot sunglasses and only Troy does it) Thats why prices shot up and from 2m to 5~10 m which is much more than the prices that Troy charges

Finally, I would say that we are moving in the right direction but we need to listen to players and their needs and don't start nerfing every other thing that has finally stabilized. Once again, THANK YOU IRO! HEIM ODA AND ALL DEVS ARE THE BEST!

P.S. I am not foreign to English, it is called autocorrect and a stupid iPhone

Edited by ExDarkrb, 18 May 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#3 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Company

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I know that you will hate me Heimdallr, but when we will have the summoner? So I will be able to go back play with regularity.

Edited by Allysia, 18 May 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#4 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Is Boxter going to take Red Wing Hats and Party Buff Scrolls?

Also, what is meant by discount on slot ads? Are more things going to be slottable or just the usual equipment?

'Cause if it's just applicable to the usual equipment there's not an awful lot worth getting, everyone who typically has a slotted ice pick already has one... :[ Plus, you've been hyping it up for several weeks now.

Edited by Shinjin6, 18 May 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#5 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

Is Boxter going to take Red Wing Hats and Party Buff Scrolls?

Also, what is meant by discount on slot ads? Are more things going to be slottable or just the usual equipment?

probably cost of slotting is cheaper... instead of 1mil to try to slot.. maybe only cost 500k per chace

#6 Shinjin6

Shinjin6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

That's so stupid though... How can you write, "You may want to hold onto any slotting advertisements you may have.. hint hint," and just do something stupid like reducing the cost 500k? I'm sure he wouldn't do something like that, there's got to be more items, or something. You can't hype it up like that and not do something neat.

He's spent time giving hints.
Right after maint, with Boxter from the Easter Lucky Pack WEEKS ago, a GM casually mentioned that players ought to hold on to their slot ads.
How can you have something planned weeks in advance and have it be something as lackluster as a discount?

Heim, tell us there's more to this?

Edited by Shinjin6, 18 May 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#7 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

i think its pretty neat, i get to get new slotted pantie and undie combo i just sold.

#8 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

May 19,
Looking at NPCs that do the "force dialog" and frustrate you due to chance of DC. Those that I can get completed before maintenance will get updated so they do an emote instead of forced dialog.

Thank you! As a side thought - will the NPC only do the emote IF you are involved in the quest/activity that it relates to? It would be kind of confusing to new players to walk by all these different NPCs and get emotes, only to find the NPC says something random and doesn't do anything.

#9 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Troy is going to give a big discount when he uses the Slotting advertisements from May 19 - June 2, now is the time to use up all those advertisement to take shots at getting slotted gear!

I have to admit, this is quite disappointing.

I thought you were going to do something with the slot ad because people seemed to indicate that they didn't want them at all. If they wanted slotted gear they'd have it already.

Big discount better mean free to make this worthwhile.

Edited by MizunoAoi, 18 May 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#10 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

cool! discount on slotting things!

#11 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

cool! discount on slotting things!

that's the spirit!

#12 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:15 PM

and discount means? higher chance of successful slotting?

#13 Paramel

Paramel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

Troy is going to give a big discount when he uses the Slotting advertisements from May 19 - June 2, now is the time to use up all those advertisement to take shots at getting slotted gear!

is this a joke?

slot ads cost more than is costs to slot anything

#14 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

"Are you.. Renaldo Moon?
I have a special message for you:"

DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER

I hate that guy :|

#15 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

Any new items added to troy to slot? Because the reason people aren't using slot ads isn't because of the additional cost being too high, it's because there's nothing worth slotting. Good try I guess.. but I hope slot ads are in boxter this time, because this slot ad event is useless to me.

#16 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

don't forget to fix valkyrie BG heim @_@

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

Please make it so the Party Buff Scrolls can be turned into the Boxter for Brownie Points. Or was that already a planned option, but simply not highlight?

#18 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

just add slot ads to boxter please, event doesn't seem good

#19 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

Sounds good.

Troy discount is less than Slot Add price increase in most cases if not all so i think no one will think its an "event" or "perk" of any sort. Please allow boxter to take those adds.

And as a side note everyone is edgy for:
1) 3x Spawn and 200% Exp event
or
2) Turn in kills quest. Ice Titan event from Christmas was the best one in renewal i think
and/or
3) MvP Summoner. If this is there during Kills turn in event we'd possibly have less traffic on both things and also players without much time to play can have a wonderful game experience anytime they log in. I'd say run it for 2 weeks and possibly a third based on feed back. I know it may not be possible in this maintenance but how about a "Celebration of those who got well at gravity" event, possibly when the gang makes it back out to work, next week or the week after or something.

There's my 2 cents.

PS: Thanks for addressing Adrenaline Scroll concern and if possible please make it say "Adrenaline Rush!" when cast and not "Advance Adrenaline Rush!" as it currently does.

Edited by Trini, 18 May 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#20 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

May 19,

Special things she will do include.

Piggy Bank hat will be worth 400 Brownie points OR an assured upgrade of an item to +5
Popcorn Hat will be worth 400 Brownie points OR an assured upgrade of an item to +5

Make the card reward for the Byalan dungeon receivable from the sign outside the dungeon rather than inside.

Hey Heim thanks for the info for upcoming maint.

First, I just wanted some clarification on the "assured upgrade to +5", does the item already have to be +4 to get this? Do you need other materials and/or zenny? I have got to admit it would be sweet just to take a plain item to +5 with no more need of ore or zenny.

Second, Is this going to fix the problem with ppl that didn't get their cards? or are those going to have to be looked at separately?

Thirdly, Wish I hadn't wasted the 3 slot adds and 3m I had trying to Slot my 2Handed Zweihander Sword because all FAILED!!! At least I wouldn't have had to waste so much zenny for failing lmao.

Ah well off to buy a nice crate of lucky boxes, heres hoping my luck gets even a bit better. I really hope 3 at least are kvm boxes even if the other 2 are garbage. This is not really a bad hope to have since they are all class B items.

RESULTS:
MVP Hunting Box
Party Buff Box
Gemini Crown
Party Buff Box
PARTY HARD PACK - only thing that even slightly makes up for the other junk.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 18 May 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#21 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

I have to admit, this is quite disappointing.

I thought you were going to do something with the slot ad because people seemed to indicate that they didn't want them at all. If they wanted slotted gear they'd have it already.

Big discount better mean free to make this worthwhile.

Don't say that. it is probably next to nothing already. Even if it was free it would not be worthwhile.

#22 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

For Troy it is a BIG discount, IE you have unslotted gear + Advertisement = 1 attempt. If attempt fails you only lose the advertisement. If it succeeds you have a shiny new slotted item.

What this means is any of those pesky non-slotted gears should get thrown into the Troy monsters to attempt the slotting, as there is no other cost. This was what the advertisements only function, now they do it even better with not needing the zeny, steel, refine ore etc.

I know I have a stack of 40ish I've gotten over the years that keep looking at that spiky band in a "creepy desirable way"; this weekend I plan on uniting the Spiky and the Stack of Advertisement until the Spiky will accept Card Love.

#23 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Here is an idea for a reasonably rocking event with slot adds,

Boxter takes the items to +5 from +0 or higher using Popcorn Hat, Gemini Crown etc and no other material or zeny.

Slot add can be used at Troy who tells you he's borrowed his Dwarf friend's hammer for a week and its able to guarantee upgrade from +5 to +7 using 2 Slotting Adds (or 1 if you want to REALLY rock).

From there we can use HD ores and all will be happy with that. People can then complain less about the +9 KvM katar and Fist cuz they have a chance to make it themselves. I know i will ush to get a KvM Katar and get it to +9. Might want to make KvM badges tradeable for this event time only or something to assist with obtaining the KvM Gear.

If you guys like my idea +1 on the bottom right hand corner.

#24 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

For Troy it is a BIG discount, IE you have unslotted gear + Advertisement = 1 attempt. If attempt fails you only lose the advertisement. If it succeeds you have a shiny new slotted item.

What this means is any of those pesky non-slotted gears should get thrown into the Troy monsters to attempt the slotting, as there is no other cost. This was what the advertisements only function, now they do it even better with not needing the zeny, steel, refine ore etc.

I know I have a stack of 40ish I've gotten over the years that keep looking at that spiky band in a "creepy desirable way"; this weekend I plan on uniting the Spiky and the Stack of Advertisement until the Spiky will accept Card Love.

Heim i think you know..... maybe this appeals more to those in similar situation to you, i'd be happy for that as well having 40 slotting adds and the gear to slot it, but ummm, as you can see, the average Joe who still has to obtain the gear and the add, or the add at least, doesn't really appreciate the event.

#25 jps4g9

jps4g9

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Here is an idea for a reasonably rocking event with slot adds,

Boxter takes the items to +5 from +0 or higher using Popcorn Hat, Gemini Crown etc and no other material or zeny.

Slot add can be used at Troy who tells you he's borrowed his Dwarf friend's hammer for a week and its able to guarantee upgrade from +5 to +7 using 2 Slotting Adds (or 1 if you want to REALLY rock).

From there we can use HD ores and all will be happy with that. People can then complain less about the +9 KvM katar and Fist cuz they have a chance to make it themselves. I know i will ush to get a KvM Katar and get it to +9. Might want to make KvM badges tradeable for this event time only or something to assist with obtaining the KvM Gear.

If you guys like my idea +1 on the bottom right hand corner.

Either something like this or have it to where its 1 popcorn/piggie bank hat for +5, 2 or 4 hats for +6, 4 or 8 hats for +7. There is a lot of people who came back who missed out on the ability to get KVM weapons from 4 to 7 safely, it would be a nice chance for people to do that. Also Gravity would benefit since all those people would be having to buy HD ori to try to get them from 7 to 9 after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users