Guide Contest Winner: Camei's Warrior to Dragoon Guide *Slightly Out of Date* - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Guide Contest Winner: Camei's Warrior to Dragoon Guide *Slightly Out of Date*

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

POPULAR

Hello Readers,

My character in game is Camei. I have spent quite a bit of time playing this game and have reached a somewhat respectable ranking in the game. I will be writing up a guide for the path of Warriors and later on will expand more on becoming a dragoon. Hopefully my fellow readers will enjoy this work of mine and support me in the future in writing more guides.

Click here to go to skip to the Title Page and Table of Contents.

Here are some screenshots of my level 70 Dragoon.

Spoiler

Edited by ShazamO, 30 July 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#2 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

My goal for this guide is, of course to win the contest but also, to create the best guide for Warriors (to dragoons). So for that sake, I will name this guide...

The Ultimate Warrior --> Dragoon Guide

Before I start this guide I would like to make clear that every one of us is unique and different which means there are many different play styles. I will try to cover as many as I can but please forgive me if I leave out some play styles that might fit you. I also hope after you read through this long, long, LONG guide, it will help you become a better Warrior --> Dragoon. I will try to be as clear and concise as much as possible and spend more emphasis on the skills to get or which skills are good. As for the equipments to wear, it'll go hand in hand with my descriptions of the different play styles since this game is based heavily on equipment to determine your play-style or role in the game.

So let's start off with why you might choose Warrior in this game. Warriors have a longer basic-attack-range (x-spam) compared to thieves and their basic-attacks flinch their enemies. Warriors are quite easily manageable as they do start off with higher health than other classes do. Health is quite an important factor in this game.

Below is a list of contents I have provided. Feel free to click on each category to jump right to that topic.

Table of Contents

Edited by hungfido, 29 May 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#3 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Stat Attributes

This game is funky where it splits base stats attributes and, total stat attributes (base stats + equipment stats + buffs).
Base stat attributes: When the character is not wearing any equipments and have no buffs activated, the stats that show in the "Character Info" window are the base stats.
Below, I have separated a few categories that a warrior-->dragoon might worry about in terms of their stats and attributes.
(Click on spoiler to expand the information) Look at the formulas and try to understand what they mean (yes! MATH!). For most of stats/attributes I have provided an example to the formulas.

Stats
Spoiler

Now, for the more confusing categories due to the dependency of the stats above:

Aim, Evade, and, Critical Rate
Spoiler

Health, and, Mana Points
Spoiler

Physical Attack
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Information overload huh? But don't worry about it, these stats aren't that important in early game - nothing to stress over. This game is different from most other MMORPGs where the stats mostly come from the equipments until end game. Anyways, let's continue with the guide to the road of being a knowledgeable Warrior.

Important Stats and attributes to go for
Always keep in mind about Aim Rate. Since Warriors-->Dragoons are more crowd/mob controls than other classes, it is always good to be able to hit enemy targets to catch/lock them. In PvE, Aim Rate does not need to go over 200 - it is sufficient to fight monsters who are 5-10 levels higher than you. In PvP, Aim Rate nowadays require a minimum of 300 to hit end-game players.
AGI and HLT are the most wanted stats for a Warrior-->Dragoon. While STR does add some base physical attack damage, it is relatively very small compared with the damage from your weapon. For example, with a level 70 weapon, the weapon gives ~7,000 min. phy. attack - ~18,000 max. phy. attack while 1,000 STR only gives a base damage of 1,500 phy. attack. Heck, even INT is a better choice to go for than STR!

Edited by hungfido, 27 May 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#4 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Warrior

Introduction
Warriors obviously are front line offense and defence. They are capable of taking hits for team mates or help catch and lock enemy targets. In early game, they are fun and easy to play with. Most of the skills they have help control mobs or kill them off quickly. However, warriors lack high damage against bosses and can seem like a long torture.

Gameplay
Here I will try to go over what a Warrior will be doing during his/her PvE grind days and if he/she decides to participate in PvP.

PvE

Playing as a Warrior is very simple in PvE. It may take some time to get used to attacking mobs that are knocked down on the ground, standing on the ground or in the air. In the tutorial you learned to do attack monsters standing on the ground and if you used the skill Blow already, you know that monsters are knocked down on the ground. To attack the mobs on the ground, simply walk up close to them and while pressing down on your control-movement keys, press/hold your attack button (x-key). On the same token, monsters can be launched into the air. With Air Combo Launch, you can lift mobs up into the air and you can follow up with "jump+attack" or Stormblade. As I mentioned it before, warriors are great at mob control or killing them off quickly so it is always best to round up the mobs or clump them together and then begin your combos. And please remember that once you have finished off one round of mobs, quickly move onto another so you can continue your combos to maintain your bonus exp effect - who doesn't want more exp and level faster?

As for fighting bosses the best thing to do is to be in a party with an archer or magician. In early games, they can kill bosses relatively faster than warriors can. But if you are not given that option and left with soloing then try using your hammer skills as they deal high damage.
Remember to buy potions! The fastest way to kill monsters and bosses is to kill them off with your skills as they do more damage than your normal attacks.

PvP

I'm not too sure PvPing with a warrior can be fun or not but it's a great starting place to build up your foundation. Practice catching with Sword Dance (and get used to what happens after your enemy gets hit by Sword Dance aka. lag walk/disappearance). Practice predicting your enemy target's movement and get used to their lag dashes/dashing.

I might post some videos in the future

Skills
I will try to give my opinion on each skill and give a screenshot or video of myself using those skills. However, for some skills, I will not be able to show what the difference is between a Lv. 1 skill vs. a Lv. 3 or 5 skill.

Warrior Skill Tree
Posted Image click on the picture to enlarge

Posted Image
Blow

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Useless. Keep it at Lv. 1. It does not knock down bosses. In PvP, after knocking down an opponent, they can quickly roll-recovery and escape your lock. Can not knock down Bosses or F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Cutdown

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Quite useful from levels 1 - 40. After level 40 you will have better skills to launch enemies or not launch them at all using other skills on ground instead. Can not launch Bosses or F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Stormblade

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Your best friend! You will be using this skill to basically kill off all mobs you launch into the air. Max it! However, at level 68 dragoon, this skill can be kept at Lv 1-3 instead. No damage to bosses because they can't be launched anyways.

Posted Image
Air Combo Launch

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Pretty useful skill at low levels. This is your best launcher skill until Cutdown is at Lv 3. I would recommend keeping this at Lv. 1 throughout the game until level 40 if you're not going for Sword Dance. As for Lv. 3 and over, I have not found any use for it in PvE or PvP. Can not launch Bosses or F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Re-launch

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Useless. Keep it at Lv. 1 if you are going for Sword Dance and at Lv. 0 if you are not. It does not launch bosses.

Posted Image
Sword Dance

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: It's one of the most loved skills for warriors and hated skills by your enemies. What the description does not say (secret?) is that at each higher Lv. of the skill, the range increases reaching the max range at Lv. 5. In terms of PvE this skill is great at making mobs flinch and in PvP this skill is great for catching your enemies. If you are planning to go for PvE build however, this skill is not as useful. I have this skill at Lv. 5 as I still use it in both PvE and PvP. Can not knock down bosses or F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Hammer Crush

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: After Lv. 5 the number of enemy targets increases by one and the Lv Stun is still only Lv. 5. This skill is semi-useful in PvE as this skill does do a lot of damage so I use it on bosses just for the damage. Also I use this skill when doing F6s at low levels. This skill is most helpful for warriors in F7s where you stun the in-coming traffic of mobs. In PvP this skill can help you stun an enemy for about 2 seconds which is great when your hammer is at Lv. 10 and you have Time Reverse on (paladin skill). I kept my skill Lv. at 9 however because I am too poor to invest for a Lv. 10 card. It does not stun bosses but it DOES stun F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Blazing Youth

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: The description also did not say that this skill slightly launches the enemy. After Lv. 5 the number of enemy targets increases by one and the Lvl Burn increases by one also. However, Burn is such a stupid de-buff as it decreases x-amount of HP rather than a %-amount. I would keep this skill at Lv 1 if you want to hammer spam and use it to hit bosses or stall in F6s at low levels 1 - 40. Otherwise, this skill is useless. It does not burn bosses but it DOES burn F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Icecold Heart

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Similar to Blazing Youth. However, after Lv. 5 I'm not sure what the Lv ice freezing effect is. This hammer skill also slightly launches enemy targets which, was not stated in the description. If you like to hammer spam then keep this at Lv. 1 and use it on bosses or stall in F6s at low levels 1 - 40. Otherwise this skill is useless. It does not ice-freezing effect bosses but it DOES ice-freezing effect F7 mobs.

Posted Image
Sword Mastery

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Helpful at the lower levels but very useless at end game.

Posted Image
Warrior's Bonds

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Useless. If you cast this skill in PvP, your enemies can also receive the buff. Also, if you look at the stat attribute section, the % defense only applies to your base defense which is very, VERY minute compared to your equipment defense.

Here is what I usually do when I make a new warrior.

By level 6 - I would have gotten Cutdown Lv. 1, Air Combo Launch Lv. 1, Storm Blade Lv. 2 and Hammer Crush Lv. 1.
By level 9 - I would have gotten Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 3 and Hammer Crush Lv. 2.
By level 12 - I would have gotten Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv. 1, Storm Blade Lv. 4, Hammer Crush Lv. 3 and Blazing Youth Lv. 1.
By level 15 - I would have gotten Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 4, Blazing Youth Lv. 1, Re-launch Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 4.
By level 19 with 99.9% onto level 20 - I would have gotten Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Blazing Youth Lv. 1, Re-launch Lv. 1, Sword Dance Lv. 5 and Sword Mastery Lv. 5.
Here is what it will look like: Skill Simulator

Before you get that last 0.1% for level 20, I would re-skill, rewarded by the tutorial quest, to the following:
Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Re-launch Lv. 1, Icecold Heart Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 5.
Here is what it will look like: Skill Simulator

I chose Icecold Heart Lv. 1 because it's just a back up skill to fall back on when doing F6s and I need to stall them from attacking my stone (but I have never used it because I know when to use my skills to flinch/knock down enemy targets).

Quests and Leveling
Before creating your warrior, after logging in, you will be given the selection of which channel to enter.
Posted Image
Since you are starting a new character, you should enter into channel 1 to get your 5% exp bonus!
Posted Image
After creating a Warrior you will be prompted if you want to complete the tutorial. Within the tutorial you will obtain and complete your first quest. This is the most rewarding quest as it gives you a gift box which contains more gifts box inside at different levels. The most important thing you can get is the 20 level1-19 re-skills. It's a good time for all new players to get used to each skill and validate my opinions I have given up top.
After the tutorial quest, you will be teleported to Odelia and from here on out, I can not stress this enough - DO ALL YOUR HERO/MAIN QUESTS!
Why? Because they're VERY HELPFUL! They also give out decent to excellent rewards such as stronger-than-normal weapons and massive exp. These quests are also linked with JOB ADVANCEMENT quests.
For more information on all quests or main hero quests, you should go into your Journal Log (J-key) and go to the Quest tab to look at all the quests or click on Main Quest for just the Hero/Main quests.
Map of Odelia
Posted Image
After entering this map, the first thing I normally do is talk to an npc (Boatman <Zaza>) spamming my space bar key and shift key. Once I have talked to that npc for 100 times, I will have received my first medal, Chatterbox giving me 8 extra INT.
Posted Image
To equip the medal, simply open your journal (J-button), go into the medals tab, look for the Quest section and then locate the Chatterbox medal and double click it to equip.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
After that I look at my map (N-button) and locate all available quests, the "!", it could be yellow or red. I obtain those quests and enter into Windia Plains. I do what is needed to complete the quest and then I locate the npc with the red "?" on his head and complete the quest to obtain the new one it gives.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
A grey "!" means you do not meet the requirements to obtain the quest.
Posted Image
Before entering Odelia again, I complete the unfinished quests at hand and kill mobs until I hit level 3. Entering Odelia, I talk to all npc's that have a yellow or red "?" and "!" on their heads to complete and obtain more quests. After all quests are completed that can be done within Odelia, it is now time for you to go finish the unfinished quests in Windia Plains and then enter Windia Plains Mission Map.
If you look at the top, you will see a symbol that sort've looks like a lock, that is where you enter the mission maps. Windia Plains has 2 but they are exactly the same.
Map of Windia Plains
Posted Image
From here on out until levels 20, you will be doing the same thing; obtain quest, complete quest, get hero quest, do Mission Maps F1-4 and then F5.
I WARN YOU NOW, get used to the controls and prevent yourself from dying (better yet, getting hit at all to obtain "Fly like Butterfly!" medal)! The better you are at not dying, the happier you will be after job advancement obtaining a really good medal "God-Like Control!"

From another author, Kenzai, he had some general tips on which maps to level in and I applaud him for his work. However, this is "outdated" since there are new maps implemented that can aid in leveling faster.
Original Link: (Kenzai, 2009)

The new maps that have been implemented at these levels are: Howling Wind's Hill Wolves' Den (found in Howling Wind's Hill via Traitor's Ridge) and Wailing Hill Wolves' Den (found in Wailing Hill via Canyon of Oblivion). These two maps can only be entered via hero quests so if you took my word to heart you should have obtained the quests to enter.

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory so I will skip right to the next section now to make things a little easier when leveling to 20.

TIP: At around level 17-18 and you have finished most of your quests in Canyon of Oblivion and stuck with the F1-5 Hero quests, you can enter Port of Winds and obtain more quests! Also, when you are at level 19, you can start your Job Advancement quests to help you level to 20 even faster!

Medal and Equipments
Chatterbox is a good starting medal because of the extra +8 INT which translates to mp. The beginning monsters and bosses do not do as much damage as the later ones so I do not recommend getting STR for def but HLT is good when fighting monsters that are 5+ levels higher or if you are not confident with your controls in avoiding hits. Medals such as Lumberjack, Vegabond, Kunkah, etc... give great amount of HLT at these low levels. As for equipments, anything will do. The most important equipment would be weapon if you want to level faster. The harder you can hit, the faster you will be able to kill off mobs and clear Mission Maps or Quests. However, even though I suggested any equipment is good at these low levels, it is always good to keep in mind that if you want to hit higher level monsters, have some AIM RATE items! This is all I will talk about for now, I will expand more later on!

Job Advance Quests
Here are the two main quests you should keep in mind when going for first job promotion.
Posted Image
^ If you're wondering why my quests are "incomplete", it's because I was apart of THQ (old server) and job advanced before the new updates came out.

If you followed what I suggested earlier in doing all the main quests ever since Odelia, then you should have most of these completed by level 19. When you are level 19, you can go into Port of Winds and obtain the "Fellowship entry test beings!" quest. Just follow what the quests tell you and you should be fine. Generally this is what's going to happen:
  • Talk to Colin (guard captain)
  • Talk to Edeline (magician)
  • Kill monsters in Canyon of Oblivion
  • Hand in Quests
  • Talk to Davi (blacksmith)
  • Hand in Quests
  • Go into City Hall Culverts to destroy some vials
  • Hand in quests
  • Go into Wailing Hill Wolves' Den and kill boss
  • Hand in all Quests
Ta-da!
Posted ImagePosted Image click on the pictures to enlarge them

Now if you're wanting to be a Knight, please read on below, if you chose Gladiator then I'm sorry the rest of my guide may not be suitable for you. Hopefully in the future if I make a Gladiator Guide I can help you out!

Edited by hungfido, 27 May 2011 - 02:06 PM.

#5 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

Knight

Introduction
Knights specialize more of their skills in launching enemy targets, locking enemy targets and strengthening their defense. There will be skills that aid in controlling mobs or enemies better as well. A level 40 knight will have enough skills to control enemies to seemingly lock them almost-indefinitely. However, similar to the Warrior job, they lack damage against bosses.

Gameplay
Here I will try to go over what a Knight will be doing during his/her PvE grind days and if he/she decides to participate in PvP.

TIP: If you are planning to go for Dragoon class then there is something you should keep in mind NOW. There are two different quests in promoting from Paladin to Dragoon. However, each quest requires you to do a bit of work to complete.
Quest 1
Spoiler
OR
Quest 2
Spoiler

PvE

If you thought playing as a Warrior was easy then once you start playing as a Knight, you will find it equally as easy (if not easier). With the skill Aerial Smackdown you will be able to cover distances better to keep your combo alive (100+ combos). Aerial Smackdown also lifts monsters for Stormblade which other skills such as Cutdown or Spin It Bear can not. In fact, the sequence of Aerial Smackdown and Stormblade can lift almost every monster that even other classes can not. Up to level 40 Knights can get Lv. 5 Spin it Bear and this skill does amazingly well in PvE (and PvP). It's sort've like a mini-version of Stormblade but it launches the monsters by itself at the same time. So similar to Warriors, Knights can kill off mobs and monsters relatively faster than other classes but when it comes to bosses it will take much longer (but not much of a torture anymore).

PvP

Knights obtain skills that make them very unique to other classes. With Shield Mastery, Parry, Impervion and Revenge, other people will definitely find you annoying and try to avoid a head-on battle with you. Lv. 5 Shield Mastery and Parry together gives 32% chance to block all incoming damage you receive. Impervion also gives you 50% chance to not flinch or be launched and knocked down allowing you to not be locked or escape being locked by your enemies. Revenge is quite an annoying skill where it reflects all close range damage back to your enemies (Warning: People will call you, a noob, unethical, stupid, etc... Yes, they will hate you - but do you care?)
1v1 (No locking): Be sure to ask if you can use Parry + Impervion and if locks are allowed - usually your enemies will ask you not to lock. In a 1v1, Knights are quite versatile, with enough Aim Rate, you can catch and flinch your enemies much easier than they can to you. Simple catch sequences followed up with a combo are:
  • Sword Dance, (wait 2 seconds if they lag walked) Spin it Bear, Aerial Smackdown, Stormblade
  • Sword Dance, (wait 2 seconds if they lag walked) Spin it Bear, Stormblade
  • Aerial Smackdown, Spin it Bear, Stormblade
  • Sword Dance, Spear Jab
  • Spin it Bear, Stormblade
2v2/3v3/4v4/5v5/BSQ/EW: Your job is basically to catch and lock your enemies and sometimes take some hits for your team mates. If you caught your enemy targets your best course of action is to lock them on the ground. You have to time/spread out your skills out so that your skills cooldown are refreshed. Hammer Crush, Sword Dance and Spear Jab are your best skills to lock at the mean time. However, since Hammer Crush is only at Lv. 5 with a 70% success, it still allows for your opponent to escape... so beware of that.

Skills
If you followed my guide in the Warrior section then the re-skill that you got after job promotion should be saved/vaulted away for later use!

Knight Skill Tree

Posted Image
Aerial Smackdown

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Another great asset to your arsenal of skills. I kept this skill at Lv. 5 until I was level 70 and started to PvP a lot more. In PvE this skill is a great launcher and can launch ANY mobs except for bosses. If you quickly add in Stormblade after this skill, it can air combo them! If I were to re-make another Knight I would keep this skill at Lv. 1 or 3 because of the new F7 implemented which monster can not be launched anyways. In terms of PvP, the range or radius of the skill does not increase. Most PvPers use this skill to catch people or quickly cover ground to intercept enemy targets.

Posted Image
Shoulder Tackle

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: I kept this skill at Lv. 1 throughout. Some people say this is a great skill but for me I found no use of it besides knocking down mobs and then a follow up with Aerial Smackdown + Stormblade. In PvP this skill allows enemy targets to recover unless at Lv. 3+ and you follow it up with a Stormblade or catch with Spin It Bear! However, by the time you are level 70 you will have other better skills to combo with than this. Can not launch F7 monsters.

Posted Image
Spear Jab

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Your best friend. That's all I need to say about this skill. Experiment it on your own to learn more about it - I promised two friends I won't reveal the secrets of this skill.

Posted Image
Pressure

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: At each Lv. the weight becomes bigger covering a larger diameter. Sometimes it's a great for intercepting in PvP and sometimes used to launch in PvE but most of the time this skill lacks usefulness. Can not launch F7 monsters.

Posted Image
Spin It Bear!

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Another great friend for Knights. Instead of using Cutdown/Air Combo Launch/Aerial Smackdown this skill launches anyone within the bear's radius. This skill is a stand-alone skill which you can cast this skill and run off to fight other mobs to keep your combo high. Notice the shorter cooldown at each Lv. Past Lv. 5 the number of monsters it can hit increases by 1 and the % damage increases - cooldown does not decrease any further. Can not launch F7 monsters.

Posted Image
Shield Mastery

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: No question needed to be asked. This skill is great in PvE and PvP. It's what makes a knight a knight! BLOCKED YOU Ha-ha! I would recommend getting Lv. 10 for this skill.

Posted Image
Parry

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Up to skill Lv. 5 and 6, it adds 2% each Lv.. If you are not fully funded I would stick with Lv. 5/6 skill. And yes, this skill is great in PvE and PvP. It's what makes a knight a knight! BLOCKED YOU Ha-ha x2!

Posted Image
Increased Defense

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Comparing +180def with 7000def at level 70 is very little. This is semi-useful in early levels but heck if you're crazy about killing monsters than taking damage, this skill is useless. Even if this skill added an extra 1000def at Lv. 5 it's still a big waste of my 50 SP. The new F7 makes this skill even more useless.

Posted Image
Giant Growth

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: An extra 2100HP seems nice in PvE but in PvP, it's just sad. However I still wouldn't waste my sp in this buff. I rather pump up my attack skills to kill monsters before they even touch me. The new F7 makes this skill even more useless.

Posted Image
Body Activation

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: It looks great an all but if you look back at the formula calculating your HP... the %buff isn't all that great. In PvP, with a Lv. 5 skill the 24% is really translated to an additional 8%. If you are not a big end-game player farming for skill points, then this skill is really a big waste of sp. The new F7 makes this skill even more useless.

Posted Image
Aerial Blow

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Useless x99! If you found a use for this skill... let me know! The new F7 makes this skill even more useless.

Posted Image
Impervion

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Even though this skill has been nerfed down, I still feel this skill is a great asset to have in PvP. About 90% of the Dragonsaga population will hate you if you had ~40% base block rate, 50% impervion and 200-300ER. I am definitely getting this skill when I am level 70+.

Posted Image
Revenge

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: If you use this in practice pvp, ranking pvp and (marginally) BSQ, people will dislike it and/or look down upon you. If you are high on reputation and care how others think of you then I suggest not using this skill. However, in EW, who cares! It's for your guild, you have a higher purpose for it! AND if you don't care whatever other people think of you then just use it! It's a great skill to have - it's what makes us Knights so awesome!

If you followed my guide in the Warrior section, at level 20 your skill set should have the following:
Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Re-launch Lv. 1, Icecold Heart Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 5.
My suggestion for you is, at level 40 you have the following skills (keep in mind this build is for leveling aka PvE):
Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Re-launch Lv. 1, Icecold Heart Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 5. AND Lv. 3 Aerial Smackdown, Lv. 5 Spear Jab, Lv. 5 Spin It Bear!, Lv. 5 Shield Mastery and Lv. 5 Parry.
It will look like the following: Skill Simulator

Quests and Leveling
Quests at this point is still very similar to the ones you did in your Warrior stages. Follow the hero quests and do a few of the side-quests too. I remember when I was level 20 and just job changed, I would go back to Kunkah to finish my F4 and F5 quests and at the same time level to 21. I would then go back into Port of Winds and do as much of the quests they had and doing a few F4 Mission Map in Bearded Whale Coast and I would end up leveling to 24. At level 24 I would go grab a hunter quest from this guy,
Posted Image
and finishing all 10 quests I would be pretty much level 25. The capsules that you receive,
Posted Image
after finishing his quests is something many people want (even myself). Each capsule have about 10% of opening a Skill Point +1. If you think you don't need it then you can sell each capsule for 9-15g each.
At level 24-26 you are more than ready for F6 in Steven's Port. If you followed your Hero Quests then you should have unlocked F5 and F6. F6 requires these scrolls,
Posted Image
which can be easily farmed in F1 (F2-4 as well). F6 at Steven's Port is your best source of exp until level 27-28.
F6 is a-like-Tower Defense mode. Monsters will appear from both sides and attack your stone in the center. Instead of building towers, you are the moving tower and killing the monsters before they destroy your stone. There are 10 stages and after each stage you are given the chance to guess which side the mobs will appear right after. If you get the right guess you may or may not be rewarded.
At level 27-28, it is best to go back to Port of Winds to obtain a new hero quest, which if you complete the chain of quests, it will reward you with an Aqua Weapon. At this point, this weapon will probably be your strongest weapon of choice to wield.
Aqua Weapon Starter Quest found in Port of Winds Center
Posted Image
After obtaining the Aqua Weapon it is now time for you to go to Moonlight Shore Village. There will be a bunch of new quests for you to do. Similar to before you will be able to obtain hero quests that unlocks F5 and F6 for Milkyway Sanctuary and Skypie Sanctuary. F6 Milkyway Sanctuary will definitely help you level to 30-35 very easily. At level 33-35 I would definitely go back to Moonlight Shore Village to start on my Underground Graveyard Quests. You start this quest back in Port of Winds, talking to Colin you should receive the quest "Farell's Diary". Following through the chain of quests it will be something like this:
  • Talk to Colin in Port of Winds
  • Talk to Graveyard Keeper <Larell> in Moonlight Shore Village (talk to him again to complete and obtain another quest)
  • Go into Underground Graveyard (there will be two of them, the right one is for this quest). Defeat all the mobs and boss.
  • Talk to Larell to complete the quest and to obtain another one
  • Go back into the Underground Graveyard and collect 10 Mandrake Roots and 30 Gravegrass leaves by killing the mobs
  • Go back to Larell to complete the rest of the quests
At this point you should be around level 35. Go back to Sneaky Theif <Jess> and obtain the Spectre's Tower Quests - My Hero!:
  • Talk to Jess
  • Speak with Sneaky Theif <Jess>, Real Estate Agent <Jesse>, Graveyard Keeper <Larell>, Tombstone (beside Larell) and Mercenary <Thomas> (go back to Jess to complete and for the rest of the quests)
  • Go meet Sneaky Theif <Jack> in Parmir Sanctuary (via Milkyway Sanctuary>Skypie Sanctuary>Parmir Sanctuary) to complete and more quests
  • Hunt monsters in Parmir Sanctuary for 30 Magical Beads
  • With the quest "Eye on Me!" enter into Spectre's Tower and hunt your way to floor 5 to meet another Sneaky Theif.
  • Continuing the quest and tower, you will end up going to floor 10 to fight Paris herself.
Finishing these quests you should be around level 35-37. Going back to Moonlight Shore Village I would continue with the Underground Graveyard Quests - Horrible Scream:
  • Speak with Larell and follow the quest
  • This time you will enter the upper portal (instead of the right one)
  • You will then talk to Dragon Lord's Spirit which is found at the top middle of Moonlight Shore Village "Dragon Lord's Trial"
  • Speak with Blacksmith <Smith> to obtain and complete the quest
    *Note: You do not need to finish the quests after completing "Specter Protection"
With all these hero quests out of the way you should be around level 37 and ready to unlock F5 (and F6) for Dangerous Caverns. By doing F6 in Dangerous Caverns you should be able to get to level 40 quite easily. When you are level 39-40 you will be ready for F1-6 in Valid Raeth and ready to enter into Libra (via Valid Raeth) to complete the quests it provides.
TIP: I did not include how to get the Dark Soul Weapon but the Recipe for this weapon can be obtained by completing the quest "Taking Dark Soul Recipe":
  • Talk to <Edward> in Moonlight Shore Village after completing your Spectre's Tower quests
This weapon will replace your Aqua Weapon
TIP: If your level is lower than the levels I suggested you should be at, you can always do some hunter quests or do some F6s.

Medal and Equipments
While leveling you can also try to get your Mission Map medals - also helps get you that 70,000 Achievement Points if you are going for Quest 2 (mentioned above). If you do not want to use the Mission Medals I think a pretty decent one you can use is Legend of Combo. There are various methods of getting it but as for me I just get a level 1 weapon (or level 5) and just x-spam melee monsters. I would cast Spin it Bear and use Aerial Spam to continue my combo across a distance. Experiment with it! Legend of Combo is really easy to get! As for equipments, anything will do. As you can tell, I don't really care about equipments at such a low level. The only thing I will be concerned about is getting Aim Rate items and having a decent weapon to kill monsters. So this is all I will talk about for now, I will expand more later on when we hit level 50+!

Job Advance Quests
Again, if you followed what I suggested in the quests and leveling section, you should have some of the quests completed which starts the Job Promotion Quests. By level 40 you should have only F1-5 Valid Raeth to finish and to fight the dragon, Lavalon. Generally, this is what will happen:
  • Talk to Larell
  • Talk to Tombstone
  • Talk to Jess and Clear Mission F1-4 Milkyway Sanctuary
  • Clearn F5 Milkyway Sanctuary
  • Talk to Larell and clear F4 Milkyway x2
  • Talk to Thomas and gather 10 Blue Knight's Helmet
  • Clear F1 Skypie Sanctuary
  • Talk to Larell and clear F4 Skypie Sanctuary to get 3 broken knives
  • Talk to Thomas and clear F5 Skypie Sanctuary
  • Meet Muriel in Dangerous Caverns
  • Slay 20 monsters in Dangerous Caverns
  • Hunt for 20 Possessions of Shroom Infiltrators
  • Hunt for 10 Half Burned ask from Sparks
  • Hunt for 5 Possessions of Fist Dudu
  • Clear F1 Dangerous Caverns
  • Clear F4 Dangerous Caverns
  • Find Wounded Supply Soldier in Mining Area
  • Clear F5 Dangerous Caverns (and rescue 15 hostages)
  • Talk Larell and then Pablo in Libra
  • Clear F1-5 Valid Raeth
  • Fight Lavalon
TIP: When fighting Lavalon, at your level, it is best to be in a party. Before entering Magma Dungeon, remember to set the party drops to Free For All (not necessary unless you have only 1 runner to go through all the doors to unlock the dragon room). The runner needs to go to the end of the dungeon and fight the Cheif Rokko which drops the key in unsealing the dragon room. After entering the dragon room, there will be monsters greeting you which will drop Magic Bullet. These Magic Bullets are basically ammo for the cannon located at the bottom right. Whoever holds the bullet should go up to the cannon and hold the Z-key/Charge Attack key to load the bullet - be sure the character is not interrupted or you will need to kill the monsters for another magic bullet. Be sure to jump away when the dragon breathes fire at you or when the floor lights up (wait until it almost disappears).

Ta-Da! Another job promotion done!

I hope my guide is not that confusing so far... and been extremely helpful! Read on to learn more about Paladins and then Dragoons!

Edited by hungfido, 29 May 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#6 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

Paladin

Introduction
Paladins specialize more of their skills in catching enemy targets and strengthening their own defense and party members' defense. There will be skills that gives debuff statuses to enemy targets such as slowing them down or not allowing them to use their weapon attack action. Paladins will also have skills to aid themselves when they're in the brink of death or in the clutches of a lock. A level 60 knight will have enough skills to control enemies to lock them indefinitely. However, similar to the Knight job, they lack damage against bosses.

Gameplay
Here I will try to go over what a Knight will be doing during his/her PvE grind days and if he/she decides to participate in PvP.

TIP: If you are planning to go for Dragoon class then there is something you should have kept in mind BACK WHEN YOU WERE A KNIGHT. There are two different quests in promoting from Paladin to Dragoon. However, each quest requires you to do a bit of work to complete.
Quest 1
Spoiler
OR
Quest 2
Spoiler

PvE

If you thought playing as a Knight was easy then once you start playing as a Paladin, you will find it equally as easy (if not easier). With the skill Barricade you won't need to use HP potions at all. With the skill Crosscut, you will be able to hit monsters spread out over a distance to better keep your combo alive (100+ combos). Spin It Bear combined with Crosscut is a good combination in both PvP and PvE. Paladins can also use Lv. 1 Time Reverse to spam Spin It Bear and Stormblade throughout a Mission Map and if Spin It Bear can not lift the monsters you are targeting, Aerial Smackdown and Stormblade is the alternative. So, similar to Knights, Paladins can kill off mobs and monsters relatively fast. Below is a video I found on youtube where the paladins is basically using Time Reverse and spamming Spin It Bear and Stormblade (but he didn't need to use time reverse).

A Video of a Paladin Using Spin it Bear and Stormblade Running Through Mission Map
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tLHg7Csuro
Credit: CrimsonSnail on Youtube

As you can see, playing as a Paladin is fun, easy and repetitive (if you want to kill fast). However, once you reach level 42, you won't be doing this type of grinding as much.
Refer to this link (Pancris, 2010) for help on F7 when you are level 42 (remember to do your Hero Quest for "Tactical Defense").

PvP

At this point you should b very familiar with the Warrior and Knight skills. What's left is getting to know the Paladin skills and you will know 99% of the useful skills Warrior-->Dragoon has to offer. What separates Dragoons and Paladins in my opinion is the Rolling Ground skill as I really dislike the Awakening Skills due to the high dependency on mana and the cooldown time. I'm not going to describe much about PvP in this section, please refer below to watch videos and read my comments about them.

Skills
If you followed my guide in the Warrior-->Knight sections then the re-skill that you got after job promotion should be saved/vaulted away for later use!

Paladin Skill Tree

Posted Image
Armor Mastery

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Useless x 99. It increases base Physical Defense... which is almost nothing. Leave it at Lv. 1.

Posted Image
Armor Break

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Even though the decrease in armor is really not that useful at end game it's still a great skill to use when locking your opponents. This skill is also a great connector to other different skills or repeating used skills because after hitting an enemy target with this skill, they will flinch and then fall down but they will not be allowed to roll out leaving them locked on the same spot for a while - takes time to complete all those actions. Leave it at Lv. 3 but if you have tons of skill points unused then sure... go for Lv. 5. This skill affects all enemy targets except for bosses.

Posted Image
Joint Break

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This is a nice decent skill used in both PvP and PvE. In PvE this skill is mainly used in F7 to slow monsters down - combined with a lvl4+ ice tower, the F7 mobs are usually rendered motionless. I would get Lv. 5 for this skill but if you do not have enough Skill Points, stick with Lv. 3. There is also a trick/secret to this skill. The animation for the skill is quite long... lets say it's 3 seconds animation... however the damage/hit to the enemy is at 2 seconds. After the hit, you can cancel the animation to continue your combo.

Posted Image
Weapon Suspension

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This skill is basically only useful in PvP but even then, the duration of the debuff status it gives to enemies is quite short. Keep it at Lv. 1 since if you do use this skill it's only for the debuff status.

Posted Image
Weapon Crasher

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This skill is useless at Lv. 5 because even though it knocks down you enemies, in PvP, they will just roll out instantly afterwards. Keep it at Lv. 2 - 4 depending on how many extra Skill Points you have left over.

Posted Image
Crosscut

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This is the reason why you're a Paladin. Your best friend! At Lv. 5, it can also catch people in mid-air which was left out in the description. Do you see the benefits of this? Use Spin it Bear and then bring them back down with Crosscut and they're still locked!

Posted Image
Iron Skin

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Get this to Lv. 5 if you have extra skill points otherwise leave it a Lv. 1. This skill is much better than the % increases.

Posted Image
Barricade

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This is a pretty decent skill in both PvE and PvP. It is more often in PvP so I would recommend Lv. 5 if you're going for a PvP build and Lv. 1 if you're going for a PvE build.

Posted Image
Roach Life

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: There has been a lot of debate about this skill. In my opinion, if you do not have enough skill points, don't go for it. This skill is not necessary but if you have played Dragonsaga for more than 5 years and farmed a lot of skill points, then why not get it?

Posted Image
Aura Initiation

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: If you want to get the toggle-buffs such as Time Reverse, then you must need this skill.

Posted Image
Time Reverse

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: I recommend Lv. 1 - 5 depending on what you're doing with your Paladin. If you like to solo a lot Lv. 1 is sufficient for you to repeat your skills over and over again. I used to leave my Time Reverse at Lv. 1 when I farmed in Chaos Smoldering Swamp map. However when I started to party with Ninjas and PvE more often, I find that this buff also buffs your party members allowing them to cast their re-cast their skills right away too. For example, Ninjas have a dagger skill that does A LOT of damage against a boss and with Lv. 5 Time Reverse they are able to spam it continuously killing any boss quickly to instantly.

Posted Image
Offensive Aura

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Look back at the formula above that talks about physical attack power. This buff is useless!

Posted Image
Recovery Blessing

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This skill used to be useless. With the new regeneration items this skill MIGHT be useful... but I have not tested it and would not want use my skill points for a trial and error.

Posted Image
Defenseive Blessing

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Look back at the formula above that talks about defense. This buff is useless!

Posted Image
Sacred Protection

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: There are some debates on whether this skill is good or not. For me, I rather not spend my skill points to get this skill... but who knows... maybe it can be combined with Revenge. I wonder if anyone has tested this yet....

If you followed my guide in the Knight section, at level 40 your skill set should have the following:
Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Re-launch Lv. 1, Icecold Heart Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 5. AND Lv. 3 Aerial Smackdown, Lv. 5 Spear Jab, Lv. 5 Spin It Bear!, Lv. 5 Shield Mastery and Lv. 5 Parry.
My suggestion for you is, at level 60 you have the following skills (keep in mind this build is for leveling aka PvE):

Quests and Leveling
In terms of leveling, you just need to pass the hill from level 40 to 42. At level 42, this is where you can enter into Valid Raeth F7. F7 is Tower Defense where monsters will start out at one end of the map and go towards another end towards your stone. You have to kill the monsters before they reach the stone and you build towers to kill them. Your job in F7 is basically to stun and/or slow mobs down giving towers time to kill the monsters. I usually prefer going for Gaia and Freeze combined with my Hammer Crush and/or Joint Break skills. The Freeze tower and my two skills immobilize mobs for 2-5seconds each interval allowing Gaia to attack the monsters with its full potential. Gaia is the only unique tower that it hits the mobs once but after 0.5seconds later spikes come out of the ground dealing extra damage to any mobs that walk on it. I want to take a video and show you all how I solo F7 but now that I know Frapping + Rendering + Uploading takes FOREVER, I don't think I will be able to show you all. However, if you are just level 40-50, I suggest partying with others and gaining experience on how to complete an F7. Be sure to do your Hero quests on the side and not just spamming F7 to level to 60/70. You have to remember it is these quests that unlock the F6-7 options for you.
TIP: Bring a level 1 or 5 or 25 weapon with you, after some point, your damage does nothing to the mobs and you'll be spamming Hammer Crush/Icecold Heart/Joint-Break... might as well stick with a weapon that you won't repair/cheap to repair.
With Quests, it's very similar to what you have experienced so far and so I won't be spending time writing them up here.

Medal and Equipments
If you got Legend of Combo then you're at a good start already. Just keep working on getting other Mission Medals for now. As for the Growth PvP Medals, there are two ways you get them:
  • Really PvP other people several times a day and get really good so you win consistently
    OR
  • Find a partner that also needs the Medals and take turns relogging/Back-To-Login
These Medals give a lot of Achievement Points (but can take a long time to get). Some useful Medals for Paladins/Dragoons are:
  • Queen Vella Expert
  • Elluman Master
  • Burlune Master
  • Alexandre Guru
  • Last Action hero
  • Last Boyscout

Equipments/Gears

Choosing the right equipments/gears can be mind boggling or an annoying thing to do. First, you got to find the equipments and then soulcraft and enchant. Second, they can be very expensive both in game gold or real life money.
Weapons: This is the most important equipment to get in my opinion. If you can hit and kill fast, then you are pretty set, especially if you are a enemy/mob control type Paladin. There are 4 significant weapons to take note of: Lavalon Weapon, Magichenge Weapon, Bone Dragon Weapon and Zauharant Weapon. These weapons are significantly stronger than normal weapons and give extra -Special Options-. The down side is that they are all Soul Bound. So do some thinking here... are you going to farm for gold/capsules/cards/equipments/etc... and PvP at level 49-54? If yes, then get Lavalon Weapon; are you going to farm for gold/capsules/cards/equipments/etc... and PvP at level 55-59? If yes, then get Magichenge Weapon; are you going to farm and PvP at level 60-65(or to 69)? If yes, then get Bone Dragon Weapon. If you don't care and just want to grind through your levels to 70 and get the end-game weapon, then stick with normal weapons and power level yourself through F7 over and over again.
As for what I did, I made an Hierloom Lavalon Weapon +14 - this is like Excalibur (Heirloom) vs. Light Saber (the new Lavalon Weapons). It helped me level to 60 and I jumped to using Bone Dragon Weapon +15. My Bone Dragon Weapon can be called Hierloom Bone Dragon Weapon because at that time, -Special Option- was not implemented into it yet.... My weapon had +30AGI and +12.0AIM. I PvP'ed once in a while but my damage output was mainly from my equipments. Even now, with my Zauharant +20 weapon, all my damage comes from my equipments but, the stats and aim rate comes from the weapon - +32 of any stats (max), +16.0 AIM, +50.0% Critical Damage, etc....
Sets: There are already a lot of guides out there regarding sets. Instead of re-iterating what other people has, I'll post their links here and give as much of my opinion on them for you to expand your knowledge of them.
I will talk about two different types of Paladins/Dragoons here (last two in the Dragoon section)... there are some more but I think this is a good starting point for all new-intermediate players.
  • Man of Steel (Superman) - High HP and Defense
    Hierloom Bone Dragon Set with the optional combination of Chaotic/CP set for the critical damage.
    You get the benefits of both worlds here. With Hierloom Bone Dragon set (4 pieces) and one of the Critical Damage sets (3 pieces) you will have intermediate-high movement speed and intermediate-high critical damage. At any time, your AIM is not high enough, you can replace 2 pieces of the Critical Damage set with the Heirloom set providing you with more HP and Aim Rate. This build is greatly used by (OLD) end-game players and is preferred in PvP.
  • HULK - Massive Critical Damage!
    You guessed it... 3piece/3piece combination of the critical damage sets. This is excellent in PvE (and for PvP... expect to die fast).
*NOTE: Sorry for the use of western Super Heroes (maybe not so much for Hulk...)

Job Advance Quests
Job Promoting to Dragoon is easier or not as long as Promoting to Paladin. If you listened to what I said above about doing Quest 1 or Quest 2 you should have close to enough of the raw materials to obtain and complete the first quest which starts the rest of the Promotion Quests. Choosing either Quest 1 or 2 does not have any potential resulting job promoting discrepancies. Anyways, your job promoting sequence should be similar to the following:
  • Quest 1: Talk to God's Sanctuary, Hel Krouzer
OR
  • Quest 2: Talk to Village of Ash Mist, Hel Krouzer
  • Hunt 10 Dryads
  • Hunt 10 Evil Vine Flowers and 10 Evil Seed Flowers
  • Get 30 Dark Souls
  • Find Veron in Village of Ash Mist (beside Van Cliff Fortress portal)
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress 4th Fl. Boss
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress 7th Fl. Boss
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress 10th Fl. Boss
  • Hunt 20 Van Cliff Executioners in B5 or B8
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress B9 Boss
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress B10 Boss
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress B20 Boss (Rahnoff)
  • Defeat VanCliff Fortress B25 Boss (Bone Dragon)
Ta-da! Another Job Pomotion completed! Hurray Dragoon!

Edited by hungfido, 29 May 2011 - 09:21 AM.

#7 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

Dragoon

Introduction
Dragoons specialize more of their skills in... okay they don't really specialize compared to Paladins. There is only one beneficial skill in the Dragoons' skill tree and it basically replaces Stormblade on the ground instead of in the air.

Gameplay
I'm not going to talk about PvE anymore. It's pretty simple... power grind through F7s and level or follow the video I provided in the Paladins section on killing fast in Mission Maps/Regular Maps.

Bonus: A video of me doing F1 Kryos (not trying to finish F1 in less than 2 minutes like I normally do)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwEPCvmFyko

PvP

Instead of me talking... I will just provide videos.... But if you really need me to commentate on them, please leave me a comment and I'll try my best to.

Locks and Combos
This doesn't cover all the locks and combos out there. This is a mini sample of some combos you can try out for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbyytGlRco0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxeRPF_7us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV4UsRIvink

Dealing With Lag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD-fteDqBvQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJmykAEe0A

PvP (Geared)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDmlB8xD8ohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVLQYlmx6KE

I'm not a very good PvPer. However, click here to watch Odyssea's PvP. She is top 3 (if not #1) Dragoon PvPer.

Skills

Dragoon Skill Tree

Posted Image
Rolling Ground

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This essentially replaces Stormblade at Lv. 5. If you watched my video you can see the range of the skill. The distance rolled is increased at each Lv.

Posted Image
Awakening

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: I did not get any of the Awakening Skills so why bother getting this? If you REALLY want to get the Awakening Skills then this is neccessary.

Posted Image
Awakening Charge

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: I did not get any of the Awakening Skills so why bother getting this? If you REALLY want to get the Awakening Skills then this will be helpful.

Posted Image
Dragon Sacle

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Another fail % skill? =-=!!

Posted Image
[Awakening Skill] Ascension Dragon

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Waste of 25 skill points. But if you want to get it... might as well get it to Lv. 5... but then again... waste of 125 skill points with horrible 10s cooldown.

Posted Image
[Awakening Skill] Dragon Dive

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: Waste of 25 skill points. But if you want to get it... might as well get it to Lv. 5... but then again... waste of 150 skill points with horrible 10s cooldown.

Posted Image
[Ultimate Skill] Dragon Rush

Description
Spoiler

My opinion of the skill if you are going for Dragoon end game: This skill looks pretty cool but waste of skill points. Can't be used in PvP.

If you followed my guide in the Paladin section, at level 60 your skill set should have the following:
Cutdown Lv. 3, Air Combo Launch Lv.1, Storm Blade Lv. 5, Hammer Crush Lv. 5, Re-launch Lv. 1, Icecold Heart Lv. 1 and Sword Dance Lv. 5. AND Lv. 3 Aerial Smackdown, Lv. 5 Spear Jab, Lv. 5 Spin It Bear!, Lv. 5 Shield Mastery, Lv. 5 Parry, Lv 3. Armor Break, Lv. 5 Joint Break, Lv. 5 Crosscut, Lv. 5 Barricade and Lv. 1 - 5 Time Reverse
My suggestion for you is, at level 70 you have the following skills (keep in mind this build is for leveling aka PvE):
*NOTE: Don't forget, you have all your re-skills saved! Use them when you want to switch to a different build or test that sacrifice+revenge thing for me!

Equipments
Refer to Knights Section for more details. Here are some more builds I see Paladins/Dragoons go for (don't mind the names, I was being silly with them):
  • Flash - Miss, Miss!
    Heirloom 4-5 pieces, Premium Glove of Alexandre +50AGI, Premium Fur Shoes of Kyros +40AGI/Heirloom Vegabond Shoes (and 1 random piece such as Hero Bone Dragon Top)
    This combination is to maximize the movement speed as much as possible or the AGI for evade rate. This combination works well in both PvE and PvP. In PvE the damage really relies on your weapon... so, is your weapon +20 yet? In PvP, with your movementspeed/evade rate, it'll be really easy to not get caught/locked allowing you to be the one catching and locking instead.
  • Captain America - Block! BLOCK! (Doesn't work yet)
    Any guesses on how this one is?
    3piece/3piece Rare and Hero Bone Dragon Eqs (with Hero Shield) or 3piece/3piece Hero (with shield) and CritDmg Set/Hierloom Set/Premium Gloves+Shoes+Ch.3 Muffler/Cape.
    As I said before... BLOCKED! Ha-HA!
As you can see, from my videos, I am HULK-build. I like my critical damage. Do I miss a lot against Evade stackers? Yes. Do I die a lot easier than most other Dragoons? Yes. So just remember, you have to like your build no matter what other people tell you. =)
I hope my guide has helped countless people, I'll try to make new guides in the future for other classes too (but this guide took me 1-2 weeks... 3-5h/day... *sigh!! haha yes I'm a noob forumer T-T)

Edited by hungfido, 30 May 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#8 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Lv. 6 - 10 Skills and Skill Points +1

This section will be short and brief.
Did you read over my Knight section? I mentioned about Hunter Capsules that can give Skill Points +1. Do you really need to spend months farming for these? No, not really. If you look at the skill simulator I suggested for a level 70 dragoon, the essential skills are there and sufficient enough for you to be a decent-pro player. But if you want to be that pro+++ (if that exists...) player then you're going to have to farm for more skill points and max up some-all of the skills.
Some important skills you might want 6+/10 instead of just 5/5:
  • Hammer Crush - Who doesn't want an attack that stuns 15 monsters, 95% of the time?
  • Spear Jab - This skill does more damage than the rest (with one or two exceptions)
  • Spin it Bear - Who doesn't want a stand-alone Stormblade? At Lv. 10 this skill can attack up to 9 enemy targets with a HUGE ATK% bonus
  • Shield Mastery - 24% Block Rate is what makes other people call us cheap/annoying/etc... to PvP.
  • Parry - I prefer Lv. 6 than 7-10 because at Lv. 7-10, it only adds 1% at each Lv.
  • Body Activation - If you do farm THAT many skill points... then ya this is great... adds quite a bit of % to your max HP.
Now... lets assume we maxed out Hammer Crush, Spear jab, Spin it Bear, Shield Master, Parry and Body Activation... how many extra Skill Points +1 do we need?
Click Here to find out....

Before you go off thinking that many skill points is easy to get... you also have to think of how much it will cost to get a Lv. 10 card. Have you seen that Wanted Sign NPC? Well at certain levels, the Wanted Sign gives you a quest to hunt monsters and rewards you with a Cursed Card. You need TWO Cursed Cards to make ONE Normal Card in Port of Winds at your class-specific NPC. So how many Cursed Cards to you need to make ONE Legendary/Lv. 10 Card? - 32!!
You can only do the quest once each day and the Wanted Sign does not always give your desired quest. Also, each time you fuse two cards to make one higher level one, you have only 25% chance of success. Luckily? there are monster card insurances... that protects your card from breaking.
If you are not lucky but also not unlucky (sorry... double negatives...) and your success rate is 25% throughout, then you will need:
(16+8+4+2+1)x4= 124 insurances to make 1 Legendary/Lv. 10 Card... which also means:
124 insurances / 5 x 200im = ~4960IM = ~$40usd.
With 6 Skills you want maxed out... that translates to... $240usd. Is it worth it? Up to you.

For more information on where to farm your cards, Click Here (Fyuin, 2009)

Edited by hungfido, 29 May 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#9 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Credits

I want to thank everyone that supported me and told me to keep writing the guide even at times when I wanted to give up.
Moral Supporter: Kerwell
Organizing Helpers: Sheol, Midou, Faithx, Mablung, Rageki
Information Helpers: Dorkish, Midou, Sheol, Odyssea, BloodRuby, Mablung, xandiel, flossy
Technical Helpers: Sheol, Afroshika, Nillachan, Hastur
Punchbag: PJayyy
Confidence Boosters: Guild Soul - I love each and everyone one of you!

I have decided that if I win the grand prize, everyone that voted (please leave your in game name) and leaves a comment (that helped me get grand prize) will get the title of "Guide Guru Sidekicks"

Potential Guide Guru Sidekicks: Kerwell, Sheol, Midou, Faithx, Mablung, Ikawa, Rokoko, Hiromi, Rageki, Dorkish, Odyssea, BloodRuby, xandiel, flossy, Afroshika, Dorkish, Nillachan, Hastur, PJayyy, Chimari, Rim, Cerdito, Erotica, DeadlyEdge, LookLeft, Haime, HOPEisDOPE, lawrencfly, Funky, Bicho, Cryillie, Mategi, Prinz, BloodRuby, HsienKo, GoodCop, XlucasX, Megadave, Hareton, Boudoux, xInFiNitYx, iBone, Shoringi, Numerous, oOErzaOo, Deathkey, rand0mness, dNgawashi, DeathBear, Wades2011, Sh1nJay, Warbel, papoJR, Sarara, Elgan, Destroy3r, Bagatino, Cerseii, GYPSYBro, iHammi, coolnana, Xtremee, VenusY, Khapo, MissMea, WHO ELSE? =P

References

BONUS: I thought I should show everyone a more semi-serious PvP and how different they look on each player's screen

PvP on 2 Different Screens - Watch them at the same time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6XxZLXT3Pwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKG-b1tl04M

Edited by hungfido, 15 June 2011 - 06:17 AM.

#10 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Nice guide Carmello! Good luck with the rest of it, keep it up!

#11 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Good job so far, Cam! Good luck!

#12 Dorkish

Dorkish

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed. ;)

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

Awesome guide so far, Camcam! Very in-depth, and I like your use of the spoiler tabs. Guess it's time for me to make a knight now! :wink:

Edited by Dorkish, 26 May 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#13 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

thanks you guys <3

#14 LonelyHero92

LonelyHero92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Awesome guide..!! just awesome..!!

#15 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 10:05 PM

thanks LonelyHero92

OMG I never knew frapping, rendering and uploading could take SO LONG........

#16 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

I hope you win

#17 xBayoo

xBayoo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

Best guide ever Cam! Can't wait to see the finished guide! You're definitely going to win~

#18 xandiel

xandiel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

Great job on the "Warrior to Dragoon" guide, it is definitely well written with lots of detail whilst easy to read. Look forward to the final product and good luck in the competition.

#19 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Dang, you've changed it a lot since the last time I saw your guide lol :thumb: You don't need help from me after all -_-

#20 hungfido

hungfido

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

Arigato Nillachan
Thanks Chimari *hugs
merci xandiel *hi5s
@Faithx: that's not true, I still want to learn how to use photoshop better =) I wanted you to teach me for that

#21 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.
  • Server:Quit

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

I'm dat punchbagger #4

#22 Teochiu

Teochiu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

Pro guide Cam!

#23 Boudoux

Boudoux

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thank you for this :o

#24 Louis17

Louis17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

I don't know if it's too late to say this, but o well. Regarding if you can use sacred protection and revenge in combination, I believe a player tested this in the old THQ version, and it failed. It just kills you, that's it.

#25 oricon123

oricon123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Where should we allocate stat points after lvl 60? :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users