Please make AoE skills work without targeting - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Please make AoE skills work without targeting

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

The following skills do not work unless you target an enemy. Most of the time an AoE build will remain stationed at one position while somebody else lure's, having to not target an AoE skill will make things easier. If there are other AoE skills like this and you would like them to have this effect, post about them here and I will add them to the list.

- Ice Hailstorm
- Aural Pierce
- Meteorite Flow

The perfect condition would be, of course, if no enemy is selected, just perform make the AoE effect happen around you.

Edited by FredWPx, 23 May 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#2 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

they have always worked like that, the attacks will get around the mob u target
it even has 2 range size in the description so its obvious it was intented to be that way
also bourg attacks also only work with targeting, i dont see whats wrong about it

#3 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

It would be easier if you could click the ground area instead of being forced to click a possibly moving target. Hm.

#4 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

You're casting an attack in a specific direction and area, it's not like you're spinning in a circle.

#5 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

+1

Do this for all AoE skills for all classes. If a target isn't selected it should just do it around you for whichever range it has.

#6 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:52 PM

So you can just spam those 3 skills on the spot, along with the wind aoes? Why do you think this is needed?

#7 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:33 AM

I disagree, mages can already spam 4 aoes non stop without having to click. Leave those as they are.

#8 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

I guess I agree with the ppl here that 4 are enought and that it's supposed to be like that...But:

It would be easier if you could click the ground area instead of being forced to click a possibly moving target. Hm.

I agree with that too, sometimes its a pain.

#9 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

Please don't hijack the thread with "Mages don't need more than 4 AoE skills".

Mages do have more than 4 AoE skills, and you just have to accept that fact.

The only request I have is instead of performing the AoE by selecting a target and executing it, I want it to execute around you when you select nothing.

#10 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

The only request I have is instead of performing the AoE by selecting a target and executing it, I want it to execute around you when you select nothing.

I think it's intentional that they didn't do that because you already have tornado (x4)

My solution was to click the ground where-ever you wanted, and that would solve the issue of having to click something.

#11 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

I think it's intentional that they didn't do that because you already have tornado (x4)

My solution was to click the ground where-ever you wanted, and that would solve the issue of having to click something.

The first job tornado skills are useless as soon as you get your 2nd job tornado skills maxxed.

Soldiers have a defense down AoE skill that does not require targeting, why does the mage magic defense down not work in the same way?

Edited by FredWPx, 24 May 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#12 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Can you tell me who said that? Cause I can't find it.

#13 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Can you tell me who said that? Cause I can't find it.

Said what? Mages have about 7 AoE skills if that is what you mean. 4 tornado skills 2 targeted AoEs skills (1st job and second job) and one magic defense down AoE skill.

#14 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Said what? Mages have about 7 AoE skills if that is what you mean. 4 tornado skills 2 targeted AoEs skills (1st job and second job) and one magic defense down AoE skill.

I mean the guy who said "Mages don't need more than4 aoes"

#15 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

The first job tornado skills are useless as soon as you get your 2nd job tornado skills maxxed.

Soldiers have a defense down AoE skill that does not require targeting, why does the mage magic defense down not work in the same way?

Why should mages work like soldiers ? The reason is so you can cast mdef down on a large group while still staying at a distance. Can you tell me a reason why this should be changed other then, soldier have it this/that way. Mages are glass cannons which have alot of ranged skill, most soldiers are all about the melee at close range ( which they can handle).

Tornado and Windstorm can still be usefull in PVM, their debuffs in PVP. Dmg from the skill isnt the only damage you do when you cast them.

#16 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

I can perfectly handle using those skills without targeting, so don't worry about that, I can tank it without a problem. If I can use two AoE skills fine, I can use another two just fine as well.

Edited by FredWPx, 24 May 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#17 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

why are you only listing mages skills? there is more to this game then mages and their skills. So with this in mind, then i guess bourgs/artisans and clerics should also get their aoe skills changed too then right? Lmao...

#18 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

why are you only listing mages skills? there is more to this game then mages and their skills. So with this in mind, then i guess bourgs/artisans and clerics should also get their aoe skills changed too then right? Lmao...

Not everyone has one of every character and class. ;|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users