[Help] New to DS, looking for some advice! - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Help] New to DS, looking for some advice!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arthial

Arthial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

I am currently downloading this game, I am in need of some advice for when this game is fully downloaded and I am choosing my class. I am wondering what class is best for a new player who enjoy's PvE? Also if anyone has a build for the class that I could use?

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

For PvE I'd recommend either a Paladin or a Harlequin (Forgive me, I forget the new name. It is one of the thief branches and it's not the Ninja one). Paladins have some fun skills for PvE and can reach great damage numbers later on in terms of critical damage, while Harlequins have some great skills that take out large amounts of monsters at once. Anyone would tell you to pick Paladin--I'm one and they're a really fun class in both PvE and PvP for those that enjoy it--but I've always been a fan of Harlequin skills. Here's a video to sample both:

As for builds, I think you'd do better off starting off trying out skills for yourself and as you approach 20 you can ask in the respective class sections. Just one note if you pick Warrior and choose to go Paladin (Or to go the other route), please don't constantly spam hammers one after another. It's a common thing for little warriors to do and it's very disruptive to the party. Also don't worry about messing up the skills because you get a skill reset at 20 and another at 40.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

Edited by Kazu731, 25 May 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#3 Arthial

Arthial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

http://ggftw.com/for...ht-paladin.html

Is this build a good one for a would-be paladin? I am just wanting to know the right guide/build to follow, so that I do not screw up my character.

#4 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

http://ggftw.com/forum/dragon-saga-dragonica-warrior-class-guides/60474-warrior-knight-paladin.html

Is this build a good one for a would-be paladin? I am just wanting to know the right guide/build to follow, so that I do not screw up my character.

Like I said you can reset your skills. As for that build I didn't like it as soon as I saw Spear Jab at level 1. You should try the skills out for yourself and know that as a Knight you'll be using Spear Jab as your main attack for damage and as a Paladin your essential skills are Cross Cut and Time Reverse.

This build is not that great to be honest. Here's an off the bat build:

http://dragonica.db....300100250510000

Take a note that this is outdated. There is no skill for Paladins for repairing and in the Knight skill tree after Pressure there is a skill called Spin it Bear that you'll want at level 5. Most things at level 3 are used as launchers into a combo with Storm Blade.

#5 Arthial

Arthial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Which class is more newbie friendly the Paladin or Harly? I'm just looking for a simplistic character to learn this game with really.

#6 chuongli

chuongli

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Stopped

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

I would say go for a paladin as a good starting character. They are pretty easy to use

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Knight-Paladin-Dragoon are very strong. They also serve as a more defensive class as well.
Gladiator-Myrmidon-Overlord are strong as well. But unlike Paladin's, they aren't strong in defense.

#8 Arthial

Arthial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

Knight-Paladin-Dragoon are very strong. They also serve as a more defensive class as well.
Gladiator-Myrmidon-Overlord are strong as well. But unlike Paladin's, they aren't strong in defense.

Would you happen to have a link to a Paladin guide/build that I could use to make my character?

#9 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

Would you happen to have a link to a Paladin guide/build that I could use to make my character?

Are you blind?

Like I said you can reset your skills. As for that build I didn't like it as soon as I saw Spear Jab at level 1. You should try the skills out for yourself and know that as a Knight you'll be using Spear Jab as your main attack for damage and as a Paladin your essential skills are Cross Cut and Time Reverse.

This build is not that great to be honest. Here's an off the bat build:

http://dragonica.db....300100250510000

Take a note that this is outdated. There is no skill for Paladins for repairing and in the Knight skill tree after Pressure there is a skill called Spin it Bear that you'll want at level 5. Most things at level 3 are used as launchers into a combo with Storm Blade.

Edited by Miname, 25 May 2011 - 08:39 PM.

#10 Arthial

Arthial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:19 AM

Are you blind?

Sorry was confused, thought she meant the build that I linked, and not an actual build to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users