#1 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

Appraisal for the dealer class just seems like the right skill to have.
They are "masters of the market", shouldn't they be able to appraise drops on the go?
Specially now that we have the re-roll hammers, this class (specially Artisan class), needs something special to set the off from the crowd again.

Bourgeoise are the collectors/gatherers, which ultimately should have an appraisal skill.
Artisans are the creators, they make items with stats... so not as important.

I know that this would reduce the amount of trips for a "Bourg" to town, just to see what they obtained. They are more useful out in the wilderness exploring and searching for those uniquely rare items.

A "General" appraisal skill for the Dealer class that can obtain "Low-Average" appraisal statuses.
A "Proficient" appraisal skill for the Artisan class that can obtain "Low-Average-High" appraisal statuses.
A "Expert" appraisal skill for the Bourgeoise class that can obtain "Average-High-Rare" appraisal statuses.

An NPC would still be able to yield Low-Rare statuses. To keep a balance for non specified classes.

I think this would add a new, and well needed spin on the basic dealer class itself.

Discuss.

Edited by calaaniwygen, 28 May 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

Might also start a "new" market of items with some decent equips for all. I like it

#3 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

I really like this idea. It would give bourgs another function out in the field. You could visit your local farming bourg for a quick appraise on those 2 items that dropped for example.

As Zurn says, maybe a nice market for lowbie gears too with good stats -_-.

#4 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

I think it's a great idea.

#5 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

That's really smart. Good idea, well thought of!

#6 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

Definitely a good idea.
We need to also think of the Artis. They should have the ability of the re-roll hammers or something. There is nothing for them to craft anymore really. The re-roll should have been introduced for artis where they could use something, say a blue crystal, to go for int stats, then a red crystal for dodge stats, etc. They could have made a whole system out of it for the arti. Even if they reserved the very top tier for the IM re-roll hammers and gave artis the ability to re-make stats or dura on crafted items and just use the re-roll for IM or event gear. Something like that.

#7 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Definitely a good idea.
We need to also think of the Artis. They should have the ability of the re-roll hammers or something. There is nothing for them to craft anymore really. The re-roll should have been introduced for artis where they could use something, say a blue crystal, to go for int stats, then a red crystal for dodge stats, etc. They could have made a whole system out of it for the arti. Even if they reserved the very top tier for the IM re-roll hammers and gave artis the ability to re-make stats or dura on crafted items and just use the re-roll for IM or event gear. Something like that.

The armor that drop by mobs is already worthless, most o them been ignored and no one want to pick them up. If arti can reroll then you just need I single piece and don't need to farm anymore.

Back on topics: the idea is not bad but also kind of ummm what word should I use *thinking* ..... control over the market.

#8 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:04 PM

I think Artis could get a "dura roll" to have a change of better durability. This would give them some more purpose instead of just making gems and pots all day long.

I would personally add some sort of material requirement when adding the dura roll function.
Depending on what material is used it changes a little of the outcome.
Since I do think there has to be a major "cost" for doing this, otherwise as stated above, you would just "re-roll" the same EQ.

#9 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

+1

#10 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:04 PM

+1

Bourgs have too many skill points anyway, might as well give them another skill they could learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users