Yellow & Blue Droppings. - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Yellow & Blue Droppings.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

Anyone here other then me that believe it strange for monsters to drop tons of armours? Even monsters such as snakes, worms and the like.. Do they truly collect on armours? Those tiny snakes at Orlo.. Anyhow this is not my suggestion - not much in rose are realistic and that has it's charm -_-

Here goes;

1. Remove the chance of Yellow Armour and Yellow Weapon to drop.

2. Heavily decrease the drop chance of Blue Armour and Blue Weapon.

3. Increase the Stats on these Blue items, such as Demon, Dark, Grand, Legendary etc.

Explanation follows.

How many people do you see wandering the wilderness wearing any of these Blue armours and weapons? Could there be 5%-10%. Most people use Reinforced or one of the Union sets, why is this? It is because armoury such as Demon, Dark, Grand and Legendary do not have a punch to them. They are all considered as a lesser armour unless you can get, for instance, 4,5% aspd on a Dark piece. And even then most people would choose something else.

To offer a larger variety in Armour and Weapon choice I believe that an increase of the stats on these Blue items would make them slightly more desirable. And since they would be more desirable you would have to decrease the drop chance.

The drop chance of Rare items should be higher on lower level and decrease for each "hop of levels", this in order for lowbies/newbies to be able to get decent gear and develop steadily in order to cope with the monsters strength.

Additional note.

Monsters in general drop tons of these items, hardly any bothers with picking them up. They are trash that ppl npc and only make it impossible, after farming a while, to pick up the things you actually want. Make them rare as they are said to be.

Opinions that may contribute are most welcome.

Example of drop showed in this thread.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 29 May 2011 - 05:50 AM.

#2 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

dark is still pretty common used as an atk speed buff set because they can have more atk speed then precious or even glorious

#3 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

I agree. Just for the simple fact that UnionWar equipment is all over the place (too easy to get) because only that is the best. There is no need for the blues anymore. That's stupid. I support your idea.

#4 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

dark is still pretty common used as an atk speed buff set because they can have more atk speed then precious or even glorious

So, one piece of all the Blue equips could be used as a aspd buff-set. Now how lame is not this? This is what I mean. Make the blues more useful so we can add a larger variety to the game when it comes to the picking of equipment. And since they become usefull they shouldn't be so darn easy to get. It's really quite annoying how they drop so cmmonly when they are supposed to be rare according to the Drop Tables Zeppelin has posted.

I agree. Just for the simple fact that UnionWar equipment is all over the place (too easy to get) because only that is the best. There is no need for the blues anymore. That's stupid. I support your idea.

Once again, I don't wish them to dissapear entirely, I want them to add something to the game and not drop in thousands. Thank you for the support.

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

Completely agree, I suggested the same thing some time ago, with the addition that blue tiers such as Elven, Grand, Golden, Saint should be completely removed from the game, leaving Dark, Demon and Legendary only.

Yellow weapons and gear should totally not drop, because they can be bought at the NPC.

+1 for you.

#6 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

Thank you.

1. Yellow armoury and weapon, take a hike.

2. Golden, Grand, Elven. I reckon that there could be a good thing to still have them as options for those who can't craft/afford reinforced/endowed armoury. And on weapons I don't even think you could craft those stats (correct me If I'm wrong)? So that could be a reason for them to stay.

3. Saint should stay as it grants an earlier boost of Defense to beginners who could need it.

To clearify, I wouldn't miss them personally but I believe they can be good for people that wish to experiment for themself but cannot afford reinforced etc.. And if you raise the stats on these "rare" blue items as I suggested in order to make them more useful there could be some beginners that will wear this.

And beside for that, not fun if you know almost exactly (3 options in Legendary, Demon, Dark) what armoury is going to drop -_-

Cheers for your comment and support!

#7 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

I support this idea because I remember I use to have more fun farming legendary raider gear with max Dex on them or str for soldier. Now this day is too focus on UW and high refine.

#8 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

I just found this ironic.

#9 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Attack speed buff set? That's totality somebody scamming you out of money if you're buying one. Attack speed is a flat "%" buff.

#10 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

I think Yellow Weapons and armor should be a moderately rare drop from NPCs, but at the same time have Blue Armors at an even lesser chance. In this sense, armor can still drop, just not as often, and not always what you're wanting to get or what you can sell. Overall I do agree that they shouldn't drop by the thousands and whatnot, it's gotten rather sickening from Level 1-220. If they removed the current drop amount from the table it would be a huge improvement. The next thing to work on would be the catalysts, common drops, etc.

#11 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

I agree with this, I think that legendary should at least have some stat worthwhile to all the classes (not just clerics). If they would update this, it could drop prices of all equipment so that everyone could afford to get a good set, not just the extremely old players who have more than half the money in the server. haha

Very good idea, +1 to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users