Craftable Damage Booster Potion - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Craftable Damage Booster Potion

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

I haven't seen this suggested, but it may have been--I did a search on this section and "Your search for the term damage booster returned 40 results" so I looked at the titles but I did not read all of the posts. So, here goes: I would love it if we could craft a damage booster potion in game. I think it should be the most difficult buff potion to craft, and also use two zodiac stones like the attack power buff potion does (maybe two Gemini stones, since one is used for the critical buff potion--just a thought), and also that it could be an increase of 25% or 30% in damage, not the 50% that the Item Mall damage booster gives, which would make it very similar in comparison to other in-game buff potions vs. their IM counterparts. I know that not everyone chooses to buy things from the Item Mall, and I think it would be a nice addition to have a damage buff potion available in game, both for crafters and for people who don't use the Item Mall. I use craftable buff potions a lot when soloing pvm, and if I could craft a damage buff potion, it would be very convenient!

#2 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Agreed.

#3 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

Didn't we have this potions at one time?
I might be wrong.
But I am all for it, it would help out those who don't buy from IM or have their own buffer.

#4 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

this would probably make clerics close to useless when it comes to buffs, almost every potion ingame is better then cleric buffs fyi, besides the a-speed pot.

#5 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

this would probably make clerics close to useless when it comes to buffs, almost every potion ingame is better then cleric buffs fyi, besides the a-speed pot.

You did not indicate to whom you were addressing the "fyi" so I don't know if it was to me or not, but if it was to me, yes, I already knew that in-game potions are for the most part better than cleric buffs. I would still use a cleric for bonfire/healing, and I imagine a lot of other people would too. Right now, I just buy the IM damage boosters, but I think that adding them to in-game crafting would be a nice addition. This suggestion was not meant to diss clerics. I have often found myself wishing I could craft damage booster potions for my bourgs & scouts, and it is a casual "suggestion," nothing more, nothing less.

#6 epicoon

epicoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

if the cleric has decent int, dodge is better, if it has good int dash is better aswell

#7 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

if the cleric has decent int, dodge is better, if it has good int dash is better aswell

Apart from Battle Charm and Valkyrie Charm, (Attack Speed and Additional Damage)
I think that all buff pots are superior than the Cleric buffs minus the duration even if the cleric had 947 Int.

#8 epicoon

epicoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Apart from Battle Charm and Valkyrie Charm, (Attack Speed and Additional Damage)
I think that all buff pots are superior than the Cleric buffs minus the duration even if the cleric had 947 Int.

I got 874 int on my cleric, I get higher dodge with cleric then pots

#9 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I got 874 int on my cleric, I get higher dodge with cleric then pots

I find when I buff up it tends to be the reverse.
Probably it's because our stats who were are testing them on vary.

Evasive Charm is 20% +X amount
Dodge buff pot is 25%.

I'm guessing that the character I'm using to test this on has a more noticeable increase of the extra 5% as to the X amount from the int gained from the cleric.

#10 epicoon

epicoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I find when I buff up it tends to be the reverse.
Probably it's because our stats who were are testing them on vary.

Evasive Charm is 20% +X amount
Dodge buff pot is 25%.

I'm guessing that the character I'm using to test this on has a more noticeable increase of the extra 5% as to the X amount from the int gained from the cleric.

yea, probably, the 5% will do more on a character with higher dodge and the extra dodge instead of 5% on lower :mellow:

#11 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

Tbh doesnt matter if its better then the cleric buff since there's not always a cleric.
I always found it useful during wars (between clans not union war), using attck. speed when there's no cleric,
but then i run around without addional @.@

#12 Bookies

Bookies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:36 AM

+1 idk why this isn't in game already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic