Q&A of June 2011 transcript - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Q&A of June 2011 transcript

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Kaitch

Kaitch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

video available at : http://fr.justin.tv/...tal/b/287232361

I just took down notes as I was listening to it.

enjoy

1.There probably won't be a pre-renewal server
2.We are working on an anti-paquet injection tools
3.Spells scroll (dunno which, nor when) might become sold by npc
4. 13.3 need 2 weeks testing, should be 2 weeks about uscr (july hopefully)
5. anniversary next week.
6. with 13.3 should come with skill balance (after that will come other change)
7. the job exp change is not coming soon, some issue with dev team.
8. kvm weapon wont become all-around weapon. They might be boosted for woe/demi-human damage or something like that
9. sakray is tournament/test server (after uscr -> goes back to test, will serve test the new MVP stats first)
10. for problem : we can fix text description. We cant always fix map issue.
11. treasure : we might recycle gears to get r.ori/elu to help seal rolls.
12. Mounts for all class: Its an update that will come after 13.3, dunno when
13. matk : yes need adjustment, but its hard to gauge to not do too much, currently doesn't feel too right
14. auction house : no one likes it, --> vendor search system. vendor gotta be online (:) )
15. item for the summoner : right now its an event. after that (+ mvp balance) -> longer cooldown, but less item requirement.
16. forum is slower lately, we are fixing this
17. we are making ticket answering faster
18. we still support ppl with shared account, but less (probably no more "full restoration")
19. Maintenance date and time will surely change (10pm to 2am for all games) (Tuesday - Wednesday)(lowest user count) (1 day without castle treasure)
20. *some rambling*
21. we want to add more content (events and stuff) expending Eden group. more VIP dungeon for higher level ppl (similar)
22. next updates should come faster than 13.3
23. new haircuts and stuff should come...
24. new biolabs level : not before a while
25. gunslinger/ninja/SN : SN will come first... eventually
26. *repeat himself*
27. we will do some BG/KVM exchange stuff
28. we get too many tickets D: so we are not dev. (we will take care of bot after that)
29. we want to sell $_$ stuff that bot gather
30. we cant do 30hrs VIP.
31. summer quest should help for job exp (more than base?).
32. we will toy with EVENT MVP soon enough, to test new staff *summoning in town to kill your merch*
33. guild/quest window bug/lack : annoying but its really low priority :D
34. spam bot banner : we want to have a fast track link to report bot (from ingame?)
35. we cant make anti-chat/vend zone. we can make only non-standable zone by
36. plz ignore pserv.
37. ET : yes, lvl2 is lvl100 monster, buts if for party of lvl 80+... [although level requirement is 50]
38. MVP : more ATK more HP for now, looking for other stuff to do
39. every maint should fix issues, its not only to put in event. sadly the major issue are hard to fix (qq)
40. *rambling*
41. Priest class probably worship ODIN (lulz)
42. we plan to update OBB OPB drop list sometime during this summer...?
43. *rambling*
44. we want more ppl to craft PLUS TEN food (change?)
45. *ramble about gears and pet, and no, Oda can't be a pet*
46. no WOE3 coming .-. (but dev looking to spice up woe)
47. more Kafra stuff will become tradable, everything would be tradable if it wasn't for charge-back. :D
48. We want to make MVP funnier *repeat*
49. *hide n seeks rambling*
50. job exp manual, why? :| we got x2 manual that beat other official servers
51. same sex marriage wont happen. HQ doesnt liek.
52. we wanna remove the up level penalty, the level for lower monster will stay
53. at some point, 3rd class SHOULD get more than 50 skill points (especially for forging/potting)
54. woe will come up on ygg soon.
55. x3 manual wont be sold in Kafra shop. they are super special, so you should feel special when you have one.
56. *promote UGC + WP turn in*
57. box event in June
58. ""sex bots, wth are those?""
59. no the old spice guy wont do an appearance in iRO
60. raffles will probably happen this summer, nothing is decided yet.
61. we though about doing a 3rd box at 25-50-75... economy, and only them would drop god piece (<100%) - goal : forcing ppl to get econs on few castles instead of trying to get snatching castle
62. no alternate sprite palettes yet, but we'd like some
63. *answer some question from chat without telling what it is*
64. yes, ingame ragial
65. im not familiar with the woe situation. i know woe is controlled by few strong guilds :[
66. AB issue : games is too easy, sorry :|
67. no 1 server-only event
68. the new mounts wont allow you to attack (kafra shop item too)
69. we cant protect you on guild leader being greedy and hoarding god piece and what not
70. new CARTS? send us idea to send to HQ.
71. new monster for new repeatable killing quest coming... sometime
72. *stuff really not interesting*
73. guardian stone : yes, we could do something, but its not being reported enough
74. alliance chat : keep it to ventrilo.
75. more dungeon to teleport dungeon scrolls : maybe, or an npc that does it (trade off)
76. *ramble*
77. interview for 150 : need to give em all their stuff 1st, then we will do all interview at once ._.
78. bio3 exp : are they too easy? (.-.)
79. breaking god piece every year : no
80. we might open a pvp room for lower lvl ppl, if there is a demand (aka not only ppl going FFA)
81. other upgrade event will come, different stuff...
82. servers are up, good night and ttyl

#2 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the notes.

#3 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thanks, appreciate the effort.

#4 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Great notes! Looking forward to 13.3, the new hairstyles, and the change in maint. times! I wish they would do these Q&A's more often!

#5 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

@Heim
"70. new CARTS? send us idea to send to HQ."

Oda's Design-a-Cart Thread

You've kept Oda so busy he hasn't been able to make the proposal to HQ yet!

#6 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

1.There probably won't be a pre-renewal server

Of course not.
But how about nontrans WoEs until the balance patches, party improvement and job exp polishing? :)

13. matk : yes need adjustment, but its hard to gauge to not do too much, currently doesn't feel too right

I'd say look into how mdef currently works and make it less amazing, and lower mdef on mvps, it's plain wrong when warlocks do like 15k on Drake with TV.

14. auction house : no one likes it, --> vendor search system.

Yeah, no, missing the point. Making auction house actually reasonable to use by lowering its ridiculous fees, has nothing to do with vending or the future vend search.

what the hell, what other people don't they like? I'm sure I'd be on one of their lists too :D
What's up with this discriminative bull?

52. we wanna remove the up level penalty, the level for lower monster will stay

I don't understand why you had to choose between one or the other. Actually you wouldn't need to loosen up any side by a lot, just get rid of the huge fall +15->+16, buf the above +20 to maybe stop decreasing at 60%, and make the lower penalties more gradual. But why care I guess, as long as people think you are doing something, regardless if it could be done bettr without much more work.

53. at some point, 3rd class SHOULD get more than 50 skill points (especially for forging/potting)

Wow.
Cmon, don't tell me it's not obvious that the only logical way this should work is, to have full job70 bonus on forging potting after changing to 3rd cls no matter how high your new job lvl is.
Seriously? You tell us to wait for an update that gives us 70 job lvls coz that will fix it?

62. no alternate sprite palettes yet, but we'd like some

Newsflash, fRO has had like 10 custom palettes for several years (true ro color like palettes and even some ugly custom/pserver like ones)

70. new CARTS? send us idea to send to HQ.

I did. :D

Edited by Charon, 03 June 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#7 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Job levels are what most of the crafting formula was based on, if you want to be a good crafter don't go 3rd job. if you want the additional power of 3rd job then you will make a tradeoff until such time as 3rd have more or equal job levels to trans. That is the way it is, and that is intentional. Mechanics are not "forgers" Geneticists are not Chemists. If their skill sets focused alot more on the crafting (like trans did) then I would expect an upgrade to the % chance of 3rd class levels.

#8 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

... Geneticists are not Chemists...

you have got to be trollin'

genetics make so much more crap than... you know what nevermind, theres just no point in trying to edjucate you in this matter. i had a good point to make here but these just too much trolling going on.

#9 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

For the stuff that Geneticists make that alchemists cannot, I can say that Geneticists are Much better!

But for actual slim pot making, use your potter. If a skill came up that upped the chances for geneticists and later an extension of job levels came out then we'd have to NERF the skill that gave them better odds per job level. That would not be a good plan when it is known it is going ot happen. Geneticists can get 20 more points in Luck and Dexterity.

There isn't much more I can say about it, does it make 100% sense, no it doesn't, but it does have justification. Keep your potter a Biochemist, keep your battler a Geneticists and you'll be fine.

#10 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Well actually it's not that hard to get to 99 now anyway.
Just the people who mained a smith with upgrade feel sad bout it.
But it's not a big deal in the end.

#11 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

For the stuff that Geneticists make that alchemists cannot, I can say that Geneticists are Much better!

But for actual slim pot making, use your potter. If a skill came up that upped the chances for geneticists and later an extension of job levels came out then we'd have to NERF the skill that gave them better odds per job level. That would not be a good plan when it is known it is going ot happen. Geneticists can get 20 more points in Luck and Dexterity.

There isn't much more I can say about it, does it make 100% sense, no it doesn't, but it does have justification. Keep your potter a Biochemist, keep your battler a Geneticists and you'll be fine.

See then you end up with 1 Alchemist that is a pure potter for slims... 1 pure potting Genetic just for Special Pharm/Cooking(genetic potting skill) .... 1 Genetic for PvM, Mvp, WoE....where does this stop lol?

#12 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

I really don't see why a forger or potter can't continue being as good at doing it when they become third class.
If you're going to say that they shouldn't be as good in second job skill crafting and should only be good in third job crafting, for pretty much no other reason than being third job, then why even make them go through second job?

Hell classes transcend just to become even better at their job, a process that requires starting from lv1 again with increased exp requirements, which before renewal required a very large amount of exp.
Go to third class, suddenly the blacksmith is scratching his butt looking at a piece of iron "duhh what do i do with this" as he looks at his collection of forged lv3 weapons as if its his first time seeing them?

How in the hell is geneticist not a more advanced form of their alchemy jobs?
How in the hell is a mechanic, someone who's job is to take the metal they refine and form it into even more complex things than standard blasksmithing, not a more advanced form of the blacksmith job?

I don't even play either of the merchant classes seriously but even I can understand this much.

Edited by Krispin, 03 June 2011 - 07:42 PM.

#13 Darkitow

Darkitow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Lol! After seeing those crap sprites in most third classes that are all like "HEY, MY SPRITE SUCKS BUT LOOK, BOOBS!!" one would think that they're a bit liberal about it. Marriage skills and options wouldn't affect the gameplay in any way as they get the same. There are only TWO options for not to implement something like this: 1) they're lazy or 2) they're a bunch of retarded brain-dead homophobes (and sorry if I offend somebody but homophobia offends me), and none of them are intelligent reasons to not to do it.

I mean, something with the potential to make people happy and no drawbacks, but HQ doesn't like? What are we talking about, christian liturgy or a damn MMO? No wonder world goes like :waddle:, there's too many people like that in it.

About the stuff for forging and crafting, I like it because it lets more room for more skills, I don't like having a potter account.

Edited by Darkitow, 04 June 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#14 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

you have got to be trollin'

genetics make so much more crap than... you know what nevermind, theres just no point in trying to edjucate you in this matter. i had a good point to make here but these just too much trolling going on.

I don't think the Genetic item creation skills are really based off job levels.

#15 Darkitow

Darkitow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

there might be people who would love to brew Alchemist stuff and be able to go third too.

#16 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:29 AM

Lol! After seeing those crap sprites in most third classes that are all like "HEY, MY SPRITE SUCKS BUT LOOK, BOOBS!!" one would think that they're a bit liberal about it. Marriage skills and options wouldn't affect the gameplay in any way as they get the same. There are only TWO options for not to implement something like this: 1) they're lazy or 2) they're a bunch of retarded brain-dead homophobes (and sorry if I offend somebody but homophobia offends me), and none of them are intelligent reasons to not to do it.

I mean, something with the potential to make people happy and no drawbacks, but HQ doesn't like? What are we talking about, christian liturgy or a damn MMO? No wonder world goes like :waddle:, there's too many people like that in it.

About the stuff for forging and crafting, I like it because it lets more room for more skills, I don't like having a potter account.

Don't bother looking for intelligence in arguments against same sex marriages. They are usually about themselves (the insecure portion of the heterosexual group). Not only that, but they picture scenarios where gays and lesbians are making sexual advancements at them, cough paranoid delusional fantasies cough. It has gotten so bad they get to control what happens in our MMO communities. It isn't just the religious folks, but also the atheists folks who essentially repeat the same crap just without the daddy in the sky bit.

#17 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

I have a few questions I wanted to asked, but couldn't make it to the live Q&A. I hope Heimdallr can still answer them for me.

1) What is the possibilities of implementing a KVM badge to BG conversion or vice versa?
2) Will there ever be an option for users to change KVM items of equal value?
3) I heard that kRO has already implemented an NPC that will remove cards from gears by chance. Will iRO get a similar service anytime soon?

Thank you.

#18 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

People all up in arms over the lack of same sex marriage in a video game should realize that there are cultural differences probably at work regarding those restrictions.

Edited by morphine, 06 June 2011 - 08:30 AM.

#19 Darkitow

Darkitow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

Cultural differences? So what? Aren't there gays in Asia? For all the yaoi crap that you can read in mangas and manhwas, I can't exactly see where is the "cultural difference" there, lol. In that case then, sadly, I'd have to start thinking that there people are a bunch of hypocrite low-lifes, and I don't wanna think that. The facts are that 1) It would make some people happy, 2) It DOES NOT cause any kind of imbalance in the game, 3) is probably hell easy to implement. So if the only reason for not doing that are "cultural differences", then that's very, very sad.

I'm heterosexual, but I'm sorry, I don't see fair that I can have my naked half-roach/snake/fairy monsters waving out their boobs like Isis, Les, Medusa or Maya do and many other sexist crap that you can find all over the game, but you can't get married with your beloved because you're gay.

And yes, "it's a video game", but then by that reasonement, I could make a Rogue and start using the Grafitti skill all over Prontera posting pro-n4zi stuff like "Hail Hitler" and whoever got pissed by that should shut up because "it's a video game".

Edited by Darkitow, 06 June 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#20 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

Completely agree.

It makes me wonder what other stuff may get the same stupid response in future.
Random dark skinned player: "Did you ever consider adding more skin colors?"
GravityHQ: "lol we no liek"

They make a -_-load of ridiculous adjustments exclusively for aRO, taking out crosses, renamig stuff to stupid things like Priest->Shaman and Magnus Positivo, editing their sprites, editing out angels from skill animations, removing monsters that have angel wings in their sprites...

But enabling iRO players to do same-sex marriage, nooo way.

Seriously.

Edited by Charon, 06 June 2011 - 11:07 AM.

#21 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Not everything is a crime, people. Calm down. Put the pitchforks away and go make a cute hat or something.

Also, actually on topic, I find myself curious about the Super Novice update, but... I guess sooner or later, they shouldn't call themselves novices anymore. >:[ It's misleading!

#22 Darkitow

Darkitow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:56 PM

Also, actually what we were talking was on topic, because if you take the time to notice it, it's part of the discussion.

tell me exactly what is it when game population makes a petition that could be easily fullfilled without any kind of trouble, but the HQ decide not to do because "no liek", while they keep wasting time like idiots making even more absurd ways to supposedly stop bots (and usually involving methods that only affect players because bots don't give a damn about most of those methods, like the drop penalty).

I mean, that instead of the "HQ doesn't liek" crap they could just make an intelligent explanation, so people who actually cares like me can still keep the delusion that who are in charge of the game are actually reasonable beings. Sadly, I doubt there can be a reason other than "crime" as you say behind this. I would love if you could tell me a sole simple reason that explained why they can't adapt the marriage system to allow "homosexual" couples. Other than making people work, which is, amazingly, what they're being paid for. I don't care if they have better things to fix, that I understand perfectly but in that case then the answer would be "we'll do when critical stuff is solved", not "no liek".

PD: Also, for some reason these forums like to censor the word "homosexual", which explains very nicely what kind of people we're dealing with. At least you can use the word between commas, but if I was gay I wouldn't like that my sexual tendency was censored like if it was a bad word or a joke.

Edited by Darkitow, 06 June 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#23 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

Completely agree.

It makes me wonder what other stuff may get the same stupid response in future.
Random dark skinned player: "Did you ever consider adding more skin colors?"
GravityHQ: "lol we no liek"

They make a -_-load of ridiculous adjustments exclusively for aRO, taking out crosses, renamig stuff to stupid things like Priest->Shaman and Magnus Positivo, editing their sprites, editing out angels from skill animations, removing monsters that have angel wings in their sprites...

But enabling iRO players to do same-sex marriage, nooo way.

Seriously.

Pretty sure aRO did those adjustments themselves, which they probably got approval for due to religious reasons.

#24 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about not allowing gay marriage in the game.
Its just a game.

From a balance standpoint though it can be problematic since getting married in RO *does* have actual in game benefits, and some of them are pretty damn good.
Or in the case of royal guards, outright broken.

#25 Darkitow

Darkitow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

I honestly couldn't care less about not allowing gay marriage in the game.
Its just a game.

As I said, for the same attitude then I should be able to go to the middle of Prontera and start putting pro-n4zi graffities. It's just a game, something for fun. So why would people take from me the fun of being able to marry with my same-gender couple? Can't they just leave their short-minded attitude at least in a game? Sadly, because people like you who "couldn't care less", things like this happen.

From a balance standpoint though it can be problematic since getting married in RO *does* have actual in game benefits, and some of them are pretty damn good.
Or in the case of royal guards, outright broken.

Oh, sure of that? You don't even seem to know what those skills do then. Marriage grants the same exact skills (the SP and HP sharing ones and the teleport one) to male and female. There's no extra benefit, marriage between two people of the same gender would grant the same exact advantages right know if they only allowed the marriage without touchiing anything else.

Edited by Darkitow, 06 June 2011 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users