• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BoydSmash

BoydSmash

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:09 AM

If you could put an achievement system in the game, e.g. number of kills, number of certain monsters killed, quests completed, areas cleared of quests, number of scroll quests completed, events completed etc etc. and then maybe rewards for those achievements, such as ability to purchase special gear, etc.

It would add another layer of complexity and give players more things to work towards...

#2 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

aww no.
please no WoW-crap like this

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

+10 to that

#4 BoydSmash

BoydSmash

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

+10 to that

OK so come up with a better idea instead of "yea it's fine the way it is" plus I don't think WOW rewards you for any acheivments, but I could be wrong. I don't play the game.

#5 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

OK so come up with a better idea instead of "yea it's fine the way it is" plus I don't think WOW rewards you for any acheivments, but I could be wrong. I don't play the game.

there are 690369367437634 acheivments in wow. even for the stupidest crap.
please not here.... or all maint-notes will be like "oh ya , check this new acheivments out we added...."

#6 BoydSmash

BoydSmash

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

there are 690369367437634 acheivments in wow. even for the stupidest crap.
please not here.... or all maint-notes will be like "oh ya , check this new acheivments out we added...."

Yea so leave out retarded stuff, and make it actually count for something instead of 'bragging rights'

#7 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

but we need bugfixes in maint and not only lots of new archievements each week. and we would only get many ...

Edited by MakoXD, 09 June 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#8 Overlord666

Overlord666

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1158 posts
  • LocationTransylvania
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

1st of all it wouldn't be a bad idea, generally speaking.
2ndly, this game needs a competent dev team first, then a total overhaul, since the way it is now it ain't working.
And finally, it needs advertisement so it can reach at least 1 million individual active accounts.

After it accomplishes that it can have all the achievements your heart desires. But as it is now it would mean pure fail to add them.

#9 BoydSmash

BoydSmash

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

1st of all it wouldn't be a bad idea, generally speaking.
2ndly, this game needs a competent dev team first, then a total overhaul, since the way it is now it ain't working.
And finally, it needs advertisement so it can reach at least 1 million individual active accounts.

After it accomplishes that it can have all the achievements your heart desires. But as it is now it would mean pure fail to add them.

Yes, I mean, I would love to see a complete graphics overhaul and leave those with less than, say a 9600 Nvidea card or even a 200 series in the dust, with full on tessellation, but that would be a ridiculous amount of time and effort I am sure... Although tessellation for characters and armor isn't a bad idea :ani_meow:

#10 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yes, I mean, I would love to see a complete graphics overhaul and leave those with less than, say a 9600 Nvidea card or even a 200 series in the dust, with full on tessellation, but that would be a ridiculous amount of time and effort I am sure... Although tessellation for characters and armor isn't a bad idea :ani_meow:

full screen tessellation would be awesome... but even now the engine is pure crap and needs to be replaced

#11 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Best thing they could do would be to open up the source code so we could write our own apps. I loved the spps that people made for Asheron's Call. Apps like those would make the game fun again.

#12 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:01 PM

Best thing they could do would be to open up the source code so we could write our own apps. I loved the spps that people made for Asheron's Call. Apps like those would make the game fun again.

that would cause massiv bot/hack increase.
and this games engine is not as easy to write like W*Ws LUA

#13 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hey! I have a card in the 200 series!

#14 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

but even now the engine is pure crap and needs to be replaced

The game engine isn't pure crap!

#15 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

Hey! I have a card in the 200 series!

The game engine isn't pure crap!

ohh doublepost ~reported~

#16 jerome15

jerome15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNY, USA
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:31 AM

i like the achievement idea. maybe one for killing all raid bosses. having to kill regular bosses like 15 times and raid bosses like 5-10 times. then the person can have a choice of weapons or armor or something. maybe an item that would expire after like a month and you can reset and repeat the achievement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users