Magmarings... Seriously. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Magmarings... Seriously.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

If there is a GM war on botting, I would start in magmarings... seriously this is the new bot hell. Its full of KSing botters and Warlocks who don't really care if your killing something when they wing in and kill everything within 100ft of them. I see more 3rd class (GUILDED) bots here and in Turtle Island than anywhere else.

#2 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

For me it was AFK alchemists that sat there and did nothing =/ I didn't mind Warlocks since I was literally blown away by Jack Frost. Although if I saw a dead afkamist I would produce an evil grin >=)

#3 TrueMaster

TrueMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • LocationFar Northern California
  • Server:Valkyrie->Chaos

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

Stapos map is pretty damn bad too. When see a third class playing on a lvl 95 map you know it is a botter, and if that isn't bad enough what idiot botter would lvl a 3rd at mi gaos.

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:27 PM

For me it was AFK alchemists that sat there and did nothing =/ I didn't mind Warlocks since I was literally blown away by Jack Frost. Although if I saw a dead afkamist I would produce an evil grin >=)

I've already seen one bot genetic who just lets the homunculus killing. [And it's a bot, because she does use skills "Vaporize + Call Homunculus". I had to summon a deadbranch... I mean. 20 deadbranches to kill her.

Get knockback skills [Arrow Repel is the weakest one] and throw muscipulars near what the homunculus is killing. If you can put 6 muscipulars near the homunculus, it's impossible for him to kill any monster. But I think the other bots does not know that.

One warlock already killed me on magmarings. If I did not killed the magmarins before she came, I would lose a 15 magmarings mob. In the end, I used rainstorm in the middle of they, and lots of dead stuff were in the ground. At least I was just leeching a friend.

Edit: Yes, they level there, but their main focus are not the magmarings [for the bots], but the plants. It seems they are pretty expensive in Ymir, while in Valkyrie, we can buy/sell they for 30k each... Bots are very very horrible... I need to finish a linker and start spamming Eske or Eska in the monsters bots are targeting.

Edited by asayuu, 09 June 2011 - 10:29 PM.

#5 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

There is a general trend that any famous guild (where I define as those that appear in woe often) would usually not be caught dead botting. However this is only a 95% that I feel on my part. Wunt say ALL

#6 Hacks

Hacks

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 534 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

my guild does not allow bots in it. if you get caught in my guild, everybody (well almost everybody) online goes to your location, screenshots you and you get reported by multiple people. we simply will not tollerate botters in our guild for any reason.

#7 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

People in my guilds mistake me for a bot because I'm a rather quiet person and I tend to zero in on one thing and focus. It's kind of sad, for me. So now I make sure to say something every once in a while. Sad that bots have been joining guilds and ruining it for the rest of us who play legit.

That being said, magmarings going from 95-99 was like purgatory for me. Myself and my slav- I mean, party mate kept getting KSed and it seems the botters didn't even bother to make thier bot programs avoid KSing. And if it wasn't the bots it was the warlocks teleporting and blasting everything with AOE. >:ani_meow:

#8 Raghu

Raghu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationChennai, TamilNadu
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

bot hell? hell for us, heaven for them... =/

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

One warlock already killed me on magmarings. If I did not killed the magmarins before she came, I would lose a 15 magmarings mob.

If you can't round up, tank, and swiftly kill 15 monsters, you shouldn't try to mob that large. Its actually kind of ill mannered to hold this many spawns on a map this large/sparsely populated. Though you were probably he only human on the map so you're not hurting anyone in this case.

#10 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

For all the human players: Go to Kobolds. Kobolds are aggressive, so no bots have courage to venture there.

Or maybe dig Glast Heim. In there are a very high amount of monsters giving high base or job. [Being Anolians the best map for level 99 people. Unfortunately, Carga Mace drops there, so bots are roaming the map too]

If you can't round up, tank, and swiftly kill 15 monsters, you shouldn't try to mob that large. Its actually kind of ill mannered to hold this many spawns on a map this large/sparsely populated. Though you were probably he only human on the map so you're not hurting anyone in this case.

Actually, it was a mistake of my part. I could not plan the kill because of the warlock. And yes, I can mob that high, if I have time to plan. I killed a 26 magmaring mob, because I could plan it. Throw the items in the ground, run away and then rainstorm. Nothing survive the strike because they die before reaching me.

With the warlock, I did not had time to run away, so to don't lose the kills [I was even sharing with a friend level 98, I was not caring about my exp, just helping him level] I used the skill in the wrong place.

Bots are stupid and can't see when people is casting AOE skills, then they KS us. Anyways, bots don't go to kobold village.

Edited by asayuu, 10 June 2011 - 08:10 AM.

#11 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

I'm still waiting for the patrol GMs that were suposed to be hired to deal with bots, they only did a nice and deep clean once and that was it...

Edited by Wanderer, 10 June 2011 - 08:33 AM.

#12 KKWL

KKWL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

What I really need is high job exp monsters =/ I'm only 92/54 on my LK and its really boring killing Dark Priests while leeching my bro's rogue lol But with that place there is always priests :o

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

IroWiki database has a pretty good monster search.

http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

You can even sort the monster for their job exp.

Like, for your level range, the highest job exp income is the elders [According to the wiki. Click the link and do the search by yourself ^_^]

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

IroWiki database has a pretty good monster search.

http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

You can even sort the monster for their job exp.

Like, for your level range, the highest job exp income is the elders [According to the wiki. Click the link and do the search by yourself ^_^]

I think, you will learn that the base exp/jexp values or even the levels of monsters are largely irrelevant, as the productivity of time spent at a leveling spot is largely linked to factors like monster distribution, respawn rate, map size, passive vs. aggressive, etc. Sadly, for example, despite the large number of monsters sitting between 95 and 130 in the database, magma2 is literally the best spot (by LEAGUES/MILES in most cases) all the way from 91 to 130.

Monster like magmaring is only good for 2nd job/trans characters without a good AoE. Honestly people mobbing Magmarings are kind of jerks :o and so are warlocks. They only do it out of laziness since magmarings are passive and weak to water (frost misty). Since mob leveling is difficult for a bot, you see bots at single-target maps like these.

Edited by Jaye, 10 June 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#15 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

For all the human players: Go to Kobolds. Kobolds are aggressive, so no bots have courage to venture there.

With this I agree partially. However there are a few classes that really can't level well here. There are pretty much 3 classes that cannot really do Kobolds, at least not solo, and they are Wizard and Sage classes and I would say Priests. Not sure how Bard/Dancers handle this place either. However for Knights and Crusaders this place is GREAT. It's especially good if your character has access to the KVM weapons, as the Kobolds are of different elements but the same race.

I think, you will learn that the base exp/jexp values or even the levels of monsters are largely irrelevant, as the productivity of time spent at a leveling spot is largely linked to factors like monster distribution, respawn rate, map size, passive vs. aggressive, etc. Sadly, for example, despite the large number of monsters sitting between 95 and 130 in the database, magma2 is literally the best spot (by LEAGUES/MILES in most cases) all the way from 91 to 130.

Monster like magmaring is only good for 2nd job/trans characters without a good AoE. Honestly people mobbing Magmarings are kind of jerks :o and so are warlocks. They only do it out of laziness since magmarings are passive and weak to water (frost misty). Since mob leveling is difficult for a bot, you see bots at single-target maps like these.

The other problem is that a lot of classes DO NOT HAVE good AoE attacks that do enough damage. Not even Paladins have a decent AoE attack to mob level. Mob leveling is really only good for Knights because of Bowling Bash & Brandish Spear, or perhaps Rogues as they can learn it. Wizards can AoE level but not without a Tank or Healer to help out as well.

MANY people would just love to mob level but it's not really feasible (practical) for most of the classes. Really how are Monks supposed to Mob level? and while it may be border line for some classes (Wiz, Sniper, SinX, Sage, etc) it's often a lot faster and Safer, doing things like Stapos and Magmarrings. Usually I do Roweens instead of Stapo as well but this time went SWall instead of FWall so couldn't.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 10 June 2011 - 11:00 AM.

#16 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Actually. I main a ex-gypsy (now Wanderer). It was a pretty nice place to level, but it's impossible to solo there with a Full or Semi-support class. Or a long caster like Wizards. For sages, battle sages might be able to level, with a linker slave [Sage Spirit]

In all the cases, if you are able to find a decent party with someone able to kill [It does not matter if it is focus kill or mob kill], and your exp flow is good.

magma2 is literally the best spot (by LEAGUES/MILES in most cases) all the way from 91 to 130.

You are thinking it wrong. You think about "fast" leveling. Speed does not matter, if you can level properly. Dark Pinguiculas / Cornus are better for me, because the flow is low, but persistent.

I mean: I kill very slow there, but I don't die. [Yes, I don't die in New World, unless I get mobbed by 2/3 Nagas] In magma, I kill very fast, but in the other side, I die faster. I just go Magma 2 if I get a party. There is also Juperos, with good mobs too, but lower density, because the map is huge.

About Elders: Thanatos Tower has a pretty high density of Elders. But in the 4th/5th floors. So you need a 5-member party just to go there, while you need people to cover you.

Anyways, check the default leveling spots for your levels, then check that:

http://healplz.com/exp/

Put your level and your level range [15]. Check the highest exp monsters and check if the monster is in one of the leveling spots. Don't just think about speed, or else you can go to bad maps.

Arclouze is one of the monsters who gives more job exp than base exp. But believe me. He is hard. The good part is. You won't find bots on their maps. In the other side, Stings [the other monster in the best Arclouze map] are really strong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users