• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 batchingawinga

batchingawinga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

I dont really mind negatives, cus who really cares about it. But when i surf the fourms i consistently see people negative 1 peoples post for absolutely no reason. I mean, people just -1 someones very good post that should be getting +1 rather than a -1. It also allows people to gang up on one specific person. The thing that makes me the most :o is the fact that Rose Mods have unlimited -1. I understand zeppelin or the other actual mods having that option, but Naughty, Geddeh and others like that who are not actual mods getting paid by gravity have an unlimited -1 function too. I havent seen much of a problem with geddeh, but I see a -1 on 1/4 of every single post by Naughty and its getting annoying. They arent actual mod's, it isnt their actual job, they should not have the functions that zeppelin has.
Watch this, Naughty or some other mod is gonna edit my post so that it doesnt make them look bad, as usual.

Please discuss.

#2 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

I dont really mind negatives, cus who really cares about it. But when i surf the fourms i consistently see people negative 1 peoples post for absolutely no reason. I mean, people just -1 someones very good post that should be getting +1 rather than a -1. It also allows people to gang up on one specific person. The thing that makes me the most :o is the fact that Rose Mods have unlimited -1. I understand zeppelin or the other actual mods having that option, but Naughty, Geddeh and others like that who are not actual mods getting paid by gravity have an unlimited -1 function too. I havent seen much of a problem with geddeh, but I see a -1 on 1/4 of every single post by Naughty and its getting annoying. They arent actual mod's, it isnt their actual job, they should not have the functions that zeppelin has.
Watch this, Naughty or some other mod is gonna edit my post so that it doesnt make them look bad, as usual.

Please discuss.

Sorry, Just to clarify...
Your upset that i have the ability to -1 unlimited posts?
I dont abuse it. This week, i can count on one hand the negative votes i have placed on posts, that i believe deserved it.
Im entitled, just like you to be able to -1 any post. It afterall is my feedback im giving, not yours.

Might i also add that i dont -1 posts every single day AND that i +1 way more than i -1 but you failed to notice that
How so?

I dont like the ganging up negative post counting that goes on.
The negative feedback button should be taken out completely.

I am moving this to proposals and suggestions section.

Edited by Naughty, 11 June 2011 - 07:45 AM.

#3 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

I understand zeppelin or the other actual mods having that option, but Naughty, Geddeh and others like that who are not actual mods getting paid by gravity have an unlimited -1 function too.

Not sure about this part but Naughty and gEddeh and KingArther are not paid if that's what your tring to say they are volunteers.

#4 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

i dont think they should go. but maybe space them apart a bit more. so close together and i made a mistake the other day clicking the wrong one and the bad thing is you cant even change it. once its done its done! sucks man! haha

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Lol you wonder why some people get -1s without a reason...

Ever heard of opinions?

In my opinion negatives should stay, in yours they shouldn't.

I can -1 you right now and you might think there's no reason. But there is one for me.

#6 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:46 AM

I can understand that you want them removed, but the fact your main reason is due to the Moderators having access to them isn't the best. Everything is logged within a forum, if a Moderator actively abuses such a thing, Zeppelin can easily view it and speak to the person in question; there's no need to bring down the rest of the community from an addition just because >>someone<< may have done something; but at this point I don't see anyone abusing anything.

Canehda's posts are -1'd way too many times, and it's because people hate him because he speaks out when he wants.

I believe one post should only be able to get one +1 and -1. But, eh, doesn't really matter.

Rep only means what you want it to mean.

Edited by Rukario, 12 June 2011 - 04:46 AM.

#7 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

A few things were recently pointed out to me... So i have now changed my mind. I think the negative system should stay.
What i feel needs to be changed is peoples votes being advertised. A volunteer Mod by the way, cant access that feature, normal forum users can *shrugs* Which seems to be a bit backside forwards to me.

For obvious reasons (this thread as example) i feel that the advertising of who voted on a post feature, should be taken off and the actual ability to place a negative vote should stay.
Everybody is entitled to an opinion here. I dont take kindly to mine being dictated to what i can and cant vote for. Who does? Talk about being repressed...

Honestly, is the next thing going to be, how i pronunciate not meeting to ones standards? maybe i have been using exclamation marks way too often eh!? MEH

Agree with Borgahutt. I also think spacing out the buttons would be good. As i too have made the mistake of giving a -1 where i wanted to give a +1 o0ps!

Finally, if you want to spin a mirror onto someone, be very careful that mirror does not spin right back around on to you.
Make no mistake, i am not happy about what i was shown.
Your post has lost all credibility in my eyes and i WILL -1 you for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users