Repeatable quests and how to make a better use of the open world map - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Repeatable quests and how to make a better use of the open world map

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

These suggestions try to be integral. I came with this idea, that probably isnt original, but I think that would fix many problems of the game with some simple changes (I know I know, when someone said that one could think that is selling smoke, but isnt the case).

Repeatable Quests And How Make Parties More Desired And The Open World More Alive

The idea would be to cut the xp given by mobs, by a lot, mobs would give 5-10% of what they give now, or less, but in exchange, each single mob of the map (including dungeons and nightmares), would have a repeatable quest (daily) that ask to kill them. And would be that quest what gives the rest of the xp (the other 90-95%).

This way if a mob normally gives 10k xp, it would give 1k xp (just an example). And the daily quest that ask to kill them, would ask for 40 mobs (in Numaren, for example) and the base xp given by such a quest would be 360k xp (40 mobs x 9k each), plus the 40k given for kill those mobs.

The bigger the difference, between the xp given by mobs vs the one given by the quest, the better. The xp given by mobs should always be very low, to promote to do quest instead of grind.

The NPCs that give this quests would be spread over the map, like the NPCs that give quests are in Numaren (i said Numaren because is the best example of this).

The reason to do all this would be to keep the players moving from area to area, inside the dungeons but also roaming the open world. This idea could have some other good things, like kill the grind for the grind, giving a reason to kill, but also to give reasons to make party, since the bigger the party the faster the kills would be done, and people would have an incentive to always search for more people. And also, another positive effect, I believe, is that it would cut down the people botting, since the amount of xp given by mobs would be too low, and I doubt that there is a bot so complex that can pick quests that are spread all over the map and then do it and report them, but i could be mistaken.

The only problem that could remain there, would be that some classes could still be discriminated, but I dont really see a reason for not invite them, if such a system was implemented. In the worst case, it would be a matter of be in a guild with people that need to do the same quests.

Again, just an idea I think it could work for this game. The xp amounts of mobs vs the quests could have some changes but the spirit of low xp from mobs, big xp from the daily quests, should remain to make such system work.

This idea would also promote to have a subscription, have a pet active all the time and also buy xp scrolls more often. Also, if Gravity want to promote more to buy premium, for example, they could add this daily quests for the mobs inside the Premium Dungeon (I think that it have 4 kinds of mobs there).

Also, add repeatable quests that ask to get x amount of contribution or flags (in the case of battlegrounds with flags) inside of a specific battleground, could promote to go to those battlegrounds, such as Field of Contentior and Ion Mine, that arnt that active this days. The quests that must be completed inside the battlegrounds should ask to achieve certain amount of contribution or amount of flags captured instead of kills, since not all the classes are made to kill in the battlegrounds, because are support classes like Radiants (for example).

Pros

-Would be more party friendly: with this idea plus the one to add the new Party Search function to the UI at the right side of the screen, people would have an easier time search for party and would want to do it, instead of as it is now. Now people play alone because the current system promote to play alone to get more xp, but in the other side, a system like this, in which the xp is obtained by reporting the daily quests, people would always want to add more people to their parties.
-Since the quests would be spread all over the map, and would ask to kill all the mobs in that map, it would make the open world more populated.
-People would have things to do in the game, each day, and wouldnt feel so much the weight of the grind, since they would have more reasons to kill those mobs.
-It probably would reduce the amount of bots in the game, which also is a good thing. If Gravity also want to kill the bots that farm gold, the mobs could stop to drop lant and the lant would be given by this daily quests too.
-If the daily quests cover also the battlegrounds, then people would have more reasons to go to all the battlegrounds.

Cons

-The AOE classes still would have an advantage and maybe the discrimination toward the single target classes still would exists, but without doubt wouldnt be as bad as it is now, since there isnt a real reason to dont invite them.
-Wouldnt be possible to power level anymore, but the high lvls still could help with the lower lvls daily quests and they wouldnt suffer penalties since the core of the xp would be given when report the repeatable quest. This also could be a pro, since the higher lvl players would be more often at the lower lvl maps.

An addition:

WarpPortal and Mall

Sealed Items

The first suggestion was made before in the ticket "Item Mall: Thoughts" but I want to add a few more things:

"-Sealed: there should be more sealed items in the mall or sealed versions of the items. Even better, all the item mall should be sealed, that way the players would be able to trade them directly. This probably would reduce the amount of scams by a lot"

Mall Points and Subscriptions

The other part of the idea would be to create some system that let the players to gift warpportal points directly to another warpportal account only knowing the Nick (forum Nick).

An alternative to that could be to have 3 new mall items.

The first would be, for example, a coupon for 1000 mall points and obviously would cost 1000 mall points. The points that are obtained by this coupons wouldnt be affected by any bonus of extra points that may be running at the warpportal site.

The second and third items would be to get Basic and Premium subscriptions.

Edited by Nadesh, 11 June 2011 - 08:13 AM.

#2 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

hmm maybe
Spoiler

Edited by MakoXD, 11 June 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#3 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChile, South America
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think this is a great idea Nadesh... This would really liven up the open world areas and get people to play together more often. Hopefully gravity reads this. :o Keep up te good work mate.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

I will try to explain it with an example:

The idea is to make each mob to have a daily quest that ask to kill it. This would include bosses (the quests that ask for bosses could be also daily ones, even if the instance doesnt reset that often, this would promote the sells of the "raid reset" mall item) and dungeon mobs too.

Lets said that a mob give 10k xp if the player dont have any xp bonuses. Now, with this system, the mob would start to give, lets said, 100 xp but in compensation there would be repeatable quests that give the rest of the xp. For example, a quest could ask to kill 40 of that mob, which would mean that the reward for that quest would be (10k - 100) x 40 = 396k xp, and the player would get the other 4k xp from the mobs. Now, that amount of xp given by the quest, could be low, over all because the xp needed to lvl up rise faster than the xp given by the mobs of that lvl. If that is the case, then the xp rewarded should be modified (increased).

That also could be done with the lant. The mobs could start to give no lant and the quest could give it instead. The only problem would be that some items that increase the drop rate of lant, would become useless.

With such system, more people would want to party, since the penalties for party would virtually disapear. This system also would make people to roam the open world, wich would make the game look more alive, and the ones that play in the pk map would have also more stuffs to do. It also would make the battlegrounds more alive, with the pvp quests that ask for x amount of contribution or flags (depending on the battleground).

This system also would make people to want to have premium and pets active all the time, and also active xp scrolls more often. In the case that Gravity thinks that isnt enough, they could create a new sub-group in the Quest UI, that would be called Repeatable quests, and a player would be able to have a maximum of 10 repeatable quests active at the same time: this would make people unable to report all the repeatable quests with only one xp scroll (unless the scroll last more than one hour).

If the ones that love to grind thinks that they wouldnt have too much to do after they complete the daily quests, then the answer could be to make some quests to be able to be done more than once a day. Those quests could be the dungeon ones (maybe a max of 5-10 times each), the pvp ones that ask to get x amount of contribution or amount of flags (this ones could be able to be completed an unlimited amount of times, which would make the battlegrounds live once again), and also the Premium Dungeon ones (that should be able to be completed 10-20 times a day, since people pay for that feature). Obviously, the bigger the number of time that one can complete those quests, the less xp those would give, otherwise it would be too easy to lvl up, and also the tasks should be long enough to dont be able to complete them too fast.

#5 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

I love this. Exactly what the game is lacking.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

This event, with the repeatable quests, is just a sample of what it could be. Ofc, with people only doing one quest that is repeatable all the times one wants, it may become boring at the end, but if each mob in the map have its own daily quest, then things would be a lot better.

#7 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

This event, with the repeatable quests, is just a sample of what it could be. Ofc, with people only doing one quest that is repeatable all the times one wants, it may become boring at the end, but if each mob in the map have its own daily quest, then things would be a lot better.

this event , daily (of course max 1 , 5 or 10 times each day) could be nice

#8 Kiril

Kiril

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:35 PM

I love this. Exactly what the game is lacking.

what the game is lacking are people who know what they are doing, not some kids with manager rights.
/thread

#9 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

what the game is lacking are people who know what they are doing, not some kids with manager rights.
/thread

Gameplay wise.

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

Thinking in the idea of Achievements, i came with the idea of a few repeatable quests for pvp (besides of the contribution and flags that i suggested before).

The first would be to have daily quests that ask for end 1st in a battleground. Then, we would have one of those for each kind of battleground in the game. The one for the Server vs Server could be repeatable as many times a day as one wants, because doesnt run all days.

Another could be to end in the first 3 places, and another to end in the first 5 places.

Another kind could be to win a match (in the case of Field of Contention and Ion Mine could be more than one).

The idea with all this would be to promote people to go to the battlegrounds, since a lot of people dont see reasons to keep going after they get the points to buy what they want.

#11 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

The first would be, for example, a coupon for 1000 mall points and obviously would cost 1000 mall points.. Nice idea.

Still, I think they should just have an option in trade window to trade WP points. Would make life and game so much easier. No more people crying about getting ripped off.

For Premium dungeon, along with sealed items, they should be a chance for mobs to drop WP point scrolls. From say 10-100. Of course the chance for a drop would be low. Hell Ive only ever gotten like 2 sealed items in PD outta prob hundred of times going in.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

Still, I think they should just have an option in trade window to trade WP points. Would make life and game so much easier. No more people crying about getting ripped off

that would be great

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

If the ones that love to grind thinks that they wouldnt have too much to do after they complete the daily quests, then the answer could be to make some quests to be able to be done more than once a day. Those quests could be the dungeon ones (maybe a max of 5-10 times each), the pvp ones that ask to get x amount of contribution or amount of flags (this ones could be able to be completed an unlimited amount of times, which would make the battlegrounds live once again), and also the Premium Dungeon ones (that should be able to be completed 10-20 times a day, since people pay for that feature). Obviously, the bigger the number of time that one can complete those quests, the less xp those would give, otherwise it would be too easy to lvl up, and also the tasks should be long enough to dont be able to complete them too fast.

Reading the thread PD golem forever it make me think that it would be better for the Premium Dungeon to have the quests being daily (only once a day) but having the Golem instead to make people want to have premium and increase the amount of xp the get per day. And for the free players, they could have a similar thing with Jugger Nut, ofc, that boss is hardder and the dungeon is very difficult, but maybe that would be a first step to make people want to go to the Secret Temple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users