Einea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKauhajoki, Finland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

It would be nice to include Leveling Areas for certain Spells and Levels, got any tips for Leveling Players? :3

#52 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

It would be nice to include Leveling Areas for certain Spells and Levels, got any tips for Leveling Players? :3

Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience with leveling a Chaser from 99 to 150 using Shadow Spell. You can theoretically level anywhere, but it all comes down to what places proves to be most efficient and most comfortable for you. People choose Shadow Spell build because they love it for what it is. In most cases, these people don't care about how long it would take them to get to 150.

I can however tell you that the two most popular Intimidated skills used for Shadow Spell are Meteor Storm and Storm Gust. Meteor Storm is for mobbing DPS, while Storm Gust is for mob control to keep yourself alive while you focus on one monster at a time. Duple Light is copied along with Reproduce to help with your 1vs1 DPS.

If you or anyone has any leveling suggestions specifically for Chasers, I will gladly link it to the thread and give proper credit.

#53 Einea

Einea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKauhajoki, Finland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

I recently copied Storm Gust with Intimidiate/Plagiarism, and I've been thinking of soloing Magma1, I wonder if
Chain Lightning would be a nice partner with AutoShadowSpell Storm Gust :3?

Lv.100/8
90~AGI
90~INT
65~DEX
10~STR

Edited by Einea, 06 May 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#54 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I recently copied Storm Gust with Intimidiate/Plagiarism, and I've been thinking of soloing Magma1, I wonder if
Chain Lightning would be a nice partner with AutoShadowSpell Storm Gust :3?

Lv.100/8
90~AGI
90~INT
65~DEX
10~STR

Yeah, it might be a good idea to Chain Lightning a mob that has been Frozen by Storm Gust. Just make sure it's for monsters that can get Frozen.

Edited by GuardianTK, 06 May 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#55 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

what adds more atk for SC, agi or str?

#56 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 AM

what adds more atk for SC, agi or str?

Agi most certainly helps with the proc rates for Shadow Spell, but Str will help with Duple Light damage as well as your regular melee attacks "by a little."

#57 Strid3r

Strid3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

I'm a returning player and before this i was a stalker player for most of my time. I am pretty confused as to what kind of chaser i want to make. This guide has been very helpful btw so thankyou for that. Anyways moving on, I am mostly pvp oriented so i wasnted to kno which is the most effective pvp build shadow chaser. I heard that fire trap + flying kick combo was lethal but that got nerfed? How much was it nerfed? Is it viable now? If not, then which other builds are effective? Kindly let me know with the stat and skill build.

Thanks
Strid3r-

#58 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hello,

I'm a returning player and before this i was a stalker player for most of my time. I am pretty confused as to what kind of chaser i want to make. This guide has been very helpful btw so thankyou for that. Anyways moving on, I am mostly pvp oriented so i wasnted to kno which is the most effective pvp build shadow chaser. I heard that fire trap + flying kick combo was lethal but that got nerfed? How much was it nerfed? Is it viable now? If not, then which other builds are effective? Kindly let me know with the stat and skill build.

Thanks
Strid3r-

It was nerfed pretty bad. Most SCs use an Arrow Storm build with a bow like an Orc Archer Bow. Honestly, doesn't do the best damage output, but its one of the best you'll get. Saw a 135ish SC do 20k against 80k mobs (Scarabas) with a +9 OAB, so its not the best damage. Basically, Shadow Chasers got nerfed a lot.

#59 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

The build you go for highly depends on what you want to do. Surely you're going to WoE if you're mentioning wanting an effective PvP build. You can't really go wrong with what you think works when it comes down to what skills you copy, as long as you do your main job as a Shadow Chaser. Frost Nova is pretty effective in cases where your target isn't wearing Unfrozen armor, while other Shadow Chasers make use of Windmill for stopping enemies temporarily. There are even some Chasers who copy Diamond Dust for aiding a precast team...

Your primary focus as a Shadow Chaser is to debuff and annoy your enemies in any way you can. Don't expect to kill them easily in WoE by yourself though. There are ways to kill people in PvP with Manhole, Shadow Form, and Hunter Traps. It's not efficient in a WoE scenario, so don't try it there. Fire Trap was okay for WoE in some situations before the Balance Patches, but it was never "lethal" from what you've heard. It was perfect for annoying people though.

The damage multiplier in the Fire Trap formula was nerfed specifically for Shadow Chasers. It now requires Trap Research in order to do decent damage. ~_~ If you try using Fire Traps now as a Shadow Chaser, the damage you do will be equal to exactly the Atk of your equipped weapon. Example: 160 Atk for a Red Naght Sieger Sword un-upgraded means your Fire Trap will do exactly 160 damage, assuming the defense ignoring effect procs. ~_~

Edited by GuardianTK, 22 May 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#60 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:41 PM

People choose Shadow Spell build because they love it for what it is. In most cases, these people don't care about how long it would take them to get to 150.

This statement hits the bull's eye.

I played the game pre-trans pre-renewal, and got in back to the game when renewal just came out last year. I was playing for 4 months. I leveled up my SC as a AGI/DEX bow wielder, which I enjoyed very much until level 110. Using raging triple blow and severe rainstorm (I read it, this is better than arrow storm for AGI/DEX, but now gimped due to 240 SP cost), it went well. I liked it for the double attack and raging triple bow, you just click, and let the magic happens. Then I got high level enough to meet this Shadow Spell skill and got interested in it. I reset and bought some new equipments for the new build. Then I stopped playing.

It's been a week after I started playing again. I am now lvl 119 and ended up with these stats today:

71 STR
109 AGI
1 VIT
65 INT
70 DEX
1 LUK

Duple Light and Meteor Storm are copied.

The build is actually fun, although with 1 VIT, I have to be extra careful when mobs come. I am planning to max AGI at lvl 140 (1 agi per 2 levels) and raise STR and INT 1:1 ratio.

Good equipments/cards to wear, which I currently use:
+7 Drooping Alicel: 193 aspd equals to MOAAAAR autocast.
Isilla card: Autocasts proc +30 flee. More useful than Carat card for Shadow Spell Chaser and less expensive.
Byorgue card: Nice addition to ATK and MATK.
Valkyrian Manteau / Thorny Buckler + Bison Horn: If you don't use a shield, Valkyrian Manteau can give reflect damage that has a chance to proc autocast. If you use a shield, Thorny Buckler + Bison Horn set gives reflect damage and +10% aspd. Although the aspd bonus doesn't make up for the penalty from wearing shield, it's still nice and you get more defense.
Elemental Sword: It's raining bolts, hallelujah!! It's raining bolts.. Mine is slotted with Sidewinder, Mutant Dragonoid, and Hillslion Card. I am pretty sure there are better cards to be put in this sword. I'm waiting for card deattaching to be implemented, which I heard is soon. Feel free to give advice on this!
Ring of the Flame Lord: More autocast stuff. Nice to be paired with Ring of Resonance if you don't mind Guillotine Fist procs.

Edited by xFireize, 23 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#61 Strid3r

Strid3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

@isis, thank you for your reply, bow build sounds interesting although i would like to ask which is better arrow storm (ranger skill) or severe arrow storm (maestro skill)
@guardian tk, thank you again for your inputs, yes woe + pvp is the main objective here so making a build which would be effective in both situations would be good
@xfrireze, i have made a similar build with some variations, i would like to share my build

What i have seen in the last few days of playing a chaser has been pretty satisfying. Whether they have been nerfed or not, stalkers/chasers have always been fun to play. Chasers have made the rogue class more versatile imo. You can now make a precaster for WoE, a melee fighter or a mix of both, a build i am currently making. Stalkers where earlier restricted to sneaking around during WoE, UCing and divesting, but now theres more one can do. Heres my build (feel free to give your opinions on it)

Hybrid Chaser

Dex - 100+
Agi - 90ish
Int - 90ish
Str - 70+
Vit - 50 + -
Luk - 1

Headgear - Racial protection (10%)
Weapon - Elemental sword (dbl blody boned)
Armor - Byorgue card
Shield - Cranial Orleans
Boots - Not yet decided
Accessories - Nimble orleans glove

Skills to Copy - Flying Kick, Storm Gust, Chain Lightning, Meteor Storm, Earth Strain, Raging Trifecta, Duple Light (Any good combo you can think of)

Main skills To Take - Full Strip, Auto Shadow Spell, Reproduce, Invisbilty, Masquarde Ignorance, Shadow Formation

With this build you can be a
1. Precaster during WoE, keep spamming SG or Metoer Storm
2. You can be a Divester, full stripping emp breakers and debuff them using masquerade skills
3. You can kill as well by just clicking on your opponents. Auto Shadow on them and then use the flying kick left click and let the autocasts do the work.
4. A emp breaker as well (not as good but decent none the less)

This is what im aiming for so plz feel free to give your opinions. What improvements can i make? What invents or skills should i go for? Plz do give your opinions.

Thanks in advance

Strid3r-

#62 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

I think there's two main points you need to understand:

1) Any build without 100vit for PvP/WoE is suicide.
2) You normally can't kill anyone in WoE as a Shadow Chaser regardless of your build. Not efficiently/reliably anyways.

As for leveling as a Bow Chaser, Arrow Storm is a lot better than Severe Rainstorm post-Balance Patch now.

#63 Strid3r

Strid3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

I completely agree with the 2nd point.....chasers arent effective killers, they never were. On a side note - if you have flame lord rings, and you say use a bow to gain spheres and critical explosion you can switch weapons and asura. Not as effective but then again the possibilities are there.

As far as the vit goes.....need to work on it. More ill play more ill know

#64 Strid3r

Strid3r

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

On a side note - if you have flame lord rings, and you say use a bow to gain spheres and critical explosion you can switch weapons and asura. Not as effective but then again the possibilities are there.

I am not saying i would like to make this build, im just asking your opinion on it. How much would you rate it?

#65 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

All I can say is autocast is not for pvp. At my level, 119, all I can do in WoE is just shadow formation quickly enough to make them kill themselves.

Also for the asura build, I don't think it'd work well.

#66 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:54 PM

I play a level 142 Hybrid Shadow Chaser and I can attest to the fact that you are not going to be killing anyone in WoE unless they're afk for the 5 min it takes you to kill them. Your job in WoE partially depends on your build, though with mine I have a much better selection. I can serve as a breaker, debuffer, or precaster.

As for leveling with Shadow Spell, it really depends on what monster you're leveling on. Also, the types of equipment and weapons you have at your disposal are important as well. I use a +9 Ancient Dagger when I'm leveling with Shadow Spell. While it's annoying, the curse status effect does nothing to decrease your matk which should be the source of the majority of your damage when shadow spelling. Also, in regards to skills to use with Shadow Spell, I don't recommend using Storm Gust unless you plan on fighting Boss flagged monsters which can't be knocked back. I use Storm Gust when I go MVPing as a means of damage as well as to keep the MVP's spawn mob out of the picture. For most other normal monsters you're going to want to go with Meteor Storm, though honestly that skill can be extremely annoying at times. Fireball isn't a terrible alternative and you're always 100% certain to hit the mobs on you each time it procs. You also don't suffer from the huge aftercast delay of Meteor Storm.

Edited by Ramen, 23 May 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#67 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

i have tons of woe videos for chasers that wanna see what its like to be a boss =3

#68 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

I completely agree with the 2nd point.....chasers arent effective killers, they never were. On a side note - if you have flame lord rings, and you say use a bow to gain spheres and critical explosion you can switch weapons and asura. Not as effective but then again the possibilities are there.

As far as the vit goes.....need to work on it. More ill play more ill know

What's Critical Explosion? Or are you talking about another translation name for Guillotine Fist? It wouldn't work out well at all, considering how Guillotine Fist was given a "No SP Recovery" for a certain time after using it. Shadow Chasers don't have very many options in the way of high Atk weapons. Even the available KVM weapons wouldn't match up to a KVM Mace for GFist. Gate of Hell might work out though, but it's just not at all reliable if you have to constantly reload Spirit Spheres by chance.

#69 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

I came up with a new Auto Shadow Spell Chaser build after reviewing LUK and realized how beneficial it can be. :p_idea:

At lvl 150:
90 STR
100 AGI
50 VIT
90 INT
45 DEX
90 LUK

90 LUK gives:
+30 ATK
+30 MATK
+30 Hit
+18 Flee
+9 Perfect Dodge
+30 Critical

This 90 LUK gives nice additions to both offensive and defensive, allowing damage-source stats such as STR, INT, and DEX don't have to go any higher; even it gives extra more damage with +30 crits. +18 flee and +9 perfect dodge as extra defenses, better than letting AGI go higher than 100.

In my opinion 50 VIT is enough for PvM. My SC at level 123 has 57 VIT (I haven't started applying this build to him), was planning on to get it 60. He can survive solo pretty well using a shield, and it seems I can lower the VIT a little bit.

My current SC has 70 Dex and I was not planning to get it higher. 45 Dex + 30 Hit + 30 Crits (from 90 LUK) would be better.

Since 4 stats are more than or equal to 90, +9 Heroic Backpack is a nice garment to wear:
+30 ATK
+50 MATK
+8% and +1 ASPD
+15% Critical Damage

Warning: Auto Shadow Spell Chaser build is not suitable for PvP/WoE and quite gear-dependable. BUT IT'S FUUUUUUN! :p_laugh:
Feel free to give your opinion about this build! :p_hi:

Edited by xFireize, 03 June 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#70 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I've added a variant of your suggested Stat build to the front page, which includes slightly more Vit. Good build for Shadow Spell, even if people who utilize the build do not want to use the Heroic Backpack. It would allow the use of the Ancient Dagger effectively without having to worry about bringing Holy Waters for the Curse effect of the weapon.

Credit has also been given for the idea. Let me know how it works!

#71 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

Agreed, tuning down a bit of AGI for more VIT wouldn't hurt at all. :ok:
Thanks for pointing out the Ancient Dagger curse resistance. I'll reset today (Lv 123) and let fellow A.S.S. Chasers how it goes.

Awesome! Thanks, GuardianTK. :no1:

Edited by xFireize, 04 June 2012 - 05:46 AM.

#72 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well I'd completely forgotten about how Luck adds Hit when I made this guide, so nice job on pointing that out as well.

#73 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Update on the build:

I am now level 133, with the following stats:
90 STR
100 AGI
46 VIT
70 INT
50 DEX
60 LUK

It is actually doing better than my previous build, who had 90 INT and rising STR. I chose to go STR first because I have around 22 crits (plus additional 10 from RoFL's Fury) and this week's TI is killing Gold (Holy) and Blue (Wind) Acidus.

Our MATK weapons of choice are very limited, so IMO, this might be a better way to approach level 150 as a shadow spell chaser.

I can't wait for Azure and Scarlet Nail to be implemented.

Edited by xFireize, 11 June 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#74 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

It's probably better if you use Duple Light for a build like that, considering all that Str you have.

Scarlet Nail would be better than Azure Nail though, considering that it would be good for autocast Meteor Storm. Sadly, they don't come with slots in them.

#75 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Made this video from a few of my sieges on chaser as a montageish video. Hopefully you guys like this and maybe it'll inspire some of you guys to want to play chaser actively in siege or get you to enjoy it more. Enjoy~

Edited by Astraeos, 17 June 2012 - 12:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users