87 replies to this topic

#1 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

For those who have downloaded the client and have done a complete installation, but are having patch issues from New Origins, this is a temporary solution to the issue until we are able to provide a new client to the site.

What am I downloading?
- By downloading the three files below, this is a complete client up to v.0.1.66. This should be able to get you past the initial New Origins patch so that you can get past the patching errors and channel select errors.

What is different about using this client compared to my current one?
- The biggest difference is that you are not running the game off of the DragonSaga.Exe file like the full installation allows you to. It will auto-run the patcher with the icon that it creates. For this one, you will need to run the patcher file in order to properly patch, which becomes very tedious in the long run. So this is the reason why we consider this as a temporary resolution for those that are affected. It is not recommended to use this client as your normal client. If you are able to use the Full Installer from the site or the alternative link, we suggest you do so.

How To Use This Method:
1. Rename your Dragon Saga folder to something else or uninstall the previous Dragon Saga installation.
2. Download the three files to a separate folder of it's own. *Highly Important*
3. Make sure you have a fairly updated version of Winrar.
4. Extract the first of the three files as it will extract from the other two afterwards by itself.
5. Extract to this folder to C:\Program Files\Gravity (It should be in it's own Dragon Saga folder)
6. Run the "Patcher.exe" file inside the Dragon Saga folder. (You can right-click the icon and select "Create Shortcut" to create a copy of the file. That file can be cut and pasted on to your Desktop for convenience)

Again, we apologize for the delay it took to have a resolution to this issue. We thank you everyone for your patience and support.

Please download ALL 3 Files:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

#2 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

YES I LOVE U

#3 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:35 AM

I second this. I love you guys. <3

#4 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Let me know if it's working.

#5 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

It won't work it said Server restart :/

#6 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Try restarting your PC.

#7 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

What do we click? the thingy that wait after 45 seconds?

#8 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Are you click Patcher.exe to run the client?

#9 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Are you click Patcher.exe to run the client?

Well I I deleted Dragon saga then try download #1 part of the thingy.

#10 xGohan

xGohan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

Thanks Nolan, worked for me, can finally do V Forest again and got to finally see what the sakura event was like.

Well I I deleted Dragon saga then try download #1 part of the thingy.

For those of you having trouble getting it to work:

(You can download the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd files at any time(before step 4), but I suggest before doing anything, so you have it all ready to go.)

1. Uninstall Dragon Saga
2. Restart computer
3. Go to your Gravity\Dragon Saga folder and delete any extra files
4. Extract the 1st Rar file (it will also extract the 2nd and 3rd) to the now cleaned out Gravity\Dragon Saga folder
5. Go to the Gravity\Dragon Saga folder and run Patcher.exe
6. Wait for it to patch, and click start

That's what I did anyways. (the restart after uninstalling is required)

Edited by xGohan, 16 June 2011 - 07:52 PM.

#11 LeeXL

LeeXL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

hi can you just make a patch with a exe inside that can run and over ride the game file this take so long, file so big. If I remember right RO can have each patch download and patch them menu.

I got another way to fix this it's to ask a friend that was able to fully patch it copy the DS folder and u just put it in your pc/laptop and that should work too. That's what i did, i was able to full patch it with other pc and copy the folder and the game run normaly just need to make the shortcut to desktop yourself.

Edited by LeeXL, 19 June 2011 - 10:57 PM.

#12 macrohard

macrohard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Hey
v.0.1.46 works; however, I'd still like to get the full installation to run properly.
I had a previous post with my problem, could someone take a look.

#13 MerlinBoy

MerlinBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hi , i have this problem
Posted Image

I make all steps , but nothing . Can someone help me ? please
Ty

#14 AbuJojo

AbuJojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDamascuse, Syria

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

hi can you just make a patch with a exe inside that can run and over ride the game file this take so long, file so big. If I remember right RO can have each patch download and patch them menu.

I got another way to fix this it's to ask a friend that was able to fully patch it copy the DS folder and u just put it in your pc/laptop and that should work too. That's what i did, i was able to full patch it with other pc and copy the folder and the game run normaly just need to make the shortcut to desktop yourself.

would you please upload the files and give us the link?
coz i hv slow connection and it will take so long.

thank you

#15 mordaki987

mordaki987

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

the restart after uninstalling is not required. if a restart after uninstalling was required the game client and installed shield would of ask for a windows restart. when i uninstalled dragon saga windows did not ask for a restart nor did install shield. so a restart after uninstalling is not required.

Thanks Nolan, worked for me, can finally do V Forest again and got to finally see what the sakura event was like.

For those of you having trouble getting it to work:

(You can download the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd files at any time(before step 4), but I suggest before doing anything, so you have it all ready to go.)

1. Uninstall Dragon Saga
2. Restart computer
3. Go to your Gravity\Dragon Saga folder and delete any extra files
4. Extract the 1st Rar file (it will also extract the 2nd and 3rd) to the now cleaned out Gravity\Dragon Saga folder
5. Go to the Gravity\Dragon Saga folder and run Patcher.exe
6. Wait for it to patch, and click start

That's what I did anyways. (the restart after uninstalling is required)

#16 VolkieVolks

VolkieVolks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

So this will let us play? Like if I click the channel it wont crash??

#17 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

So this will let us play? Like if I click the channel it wont crash??

As long as your client patches correctly once you've installed it, then yes, it should allow you to play. If you have any issues with patching, please let us know. Thank you!

#18 Akyson

Akyson

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:13 AM

I've still problem. Previously i have v. 0.1.29 and it cannot patch(stops at 33.9%) and now i have v. 0.1.46 and it start merging files at 23%. If somebody know how to fix that, please answer! Greetings, Akyson.

#19 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Merging files is part of the normal patching process. Please give it time, as this process can take a long time depending on the speed of your internet connection and how many users are trying to patch at the same time (the strain on the server can cause a slowdown).

#20 Miragenin

Miragenin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

thanks for posting this :o

so far i've followed what i was suppose to do but after patching i get to 99.5% and then it says fail to patch. (has only happened once)

I've read somewhere that i can just take out or delete the patch.id file and it'll repatch (i'm currently doing this but not sure if it will work but i hope it will.)

#21 WeltallOfId

WeltallOfId

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

I am not really against bugs but I really wonder how they ended up distributing something that ended giving so much trouble to people. I mean bugs is something usual in games and some bugs can never be healed but this :/ . It feels like everything are getting released in a rush.. oh wait.. this happens with every game nowadays!

thanks for posting this :o

so far i've followed what i was suppose to do but after patching i get to 99.5% and then it says fail to patch. (has only happened once)

I've read somewhere that i can just take out or delete the patch.id file and it'll repatch (i'm currently doing this but not sure if it will work but i hope it will.)

Sadly for me deleting patch.id did not work, but this client did patch correctly and fully.

Edited by WeltallOfId, 05 September 2011 - 08:50 AM.

#22 Miragenin

Miragenin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

I am not really against bugs but I really wonder how they ended up distributing something that ended giving so much trouble to people. I mean bugs is something usual in games and some bugs can never be healed but this :/ . It feels like everything are getting released in a rush.. oh wait.. this happens with every game nowadays!

Sadly for me deleting patch.id did not work, but this client did patch correctly and fully.

lucky :o you had no problems with patching?

before even finding this Thread i had an issue with getting past the server screen >.> would log in pick a server then the game would stop responding.

Edited by Miragenin, 05 September 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#23 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

lucky :o you had no problems with patching?

before even finding this Thread i had an issue with getting past the server screen >.> would log in pick a server then the game would stop responding.

If the patch.id fix doesn't work for you, try uninstalling your client, downloading the 3-part client linked here, and then installing and patching that one. That seems to be the fix that works for most users. Thank you for your continued patience, and if you have any further issues, please post them here and we'll try to assist you further.

#24 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

For those who have downloaded the client and have done a complete installation, but are having patch issues from Verderous Forest and the Sakura Event Map, this is a temporary solution to the issue until we are able to provide a new client to the site.

What am I downloading?
- By downloading the three files below, this is a complete client up to v.0.1.46. This should be able to get you past the Verderous Forest patch so that you can see items once again. It will also allow you to see the Sakura Event Map instead of Cookie Factory.

- The biggest difference is that you are not running the game off of the DragonSaga.Exe file like the full installation allows you to. It will auto-run the patcher with the icon that it creates. For this one, you will need to run the patcher file in order to properly patch, which becomes very tedious in the long run. So this is the reason why we consider this as a temporary resolution for those that are affected. It is not recommended to use this client as your normal client. If you are able to use the Full Installer from the site or the alternative link, we suggest you do so.

How To Use This Method:
1. Rename your Dragon Saga folder to something else or uninstall the previous Dragon Saga installation.
2. Download the three files to a separate folder of it's own.
3. Make sure you have an updated version of Winrar.
4. Extract the first of the three files as it will extract from the other two afterwards.
5. Extract this folder to C:\Program Files\Gravity (It should be in it's own Dragon Saga folder)
6. Run the "Patcher" file inside the Dragon Saga folder. (You can right-click the icon and select "Create Shortcut" to create a copy of the file. That file cut and pasted on to your Desktop for convenience)

Again, we apologize for the delay it took to have a resolution to this issue. We thank you everyone for your patience and support.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I absoutly don't get how to use it :P extract,download which butten :) :( once i download it is just like a website if i open it it will download it again and again :(

#25 DarknessKnight

DarknessKnight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrasil
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

For those who have downloaded the client and have done a complete installation, but are having patch issues from Verderous Forest and the Sakura Event Map, this is a temporary solution to the issue until we are able to provide a new client to the site.

What am I downloading?
- By downloading the three files below, this is a complete client up to v.0.1.46. This should be able to get you past the Verderous Forest patch so that you can see items once again. It will also allow you to see the Sakura Event Map instead of Cookie Factory.

How To Use This Method:
2. Download the three files to a separate folder of it's own.
3. Make sure you have an updated version of Winrar.
4. Extract the first of the three files as it will extract from the other two afterwards.
5. Extract this folder to C:\Program Files\Gravity (It should be in it's own Dragon Saga folder)
6. Run the "Patcher" file inside the Dragon Saga folder. (You can right-click the icon and select "Create Shortcut" to create a copy of the file. That file cut and pasted on to your Desktop for convenience)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Could you explain better ? ._. i realy dont get it I have to Uninstall the Dragon saga ? And Rename it ? '-' and BTW It should be in it's own Dragon Saga folder ? What you mean by that '-'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users