New "KVM" v2 equips - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

New "KVM" v2 equips

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

You can get read about them here:
http://forums.irowik...7&postcount=109

I hope the iRO GM can relay this to kRO HQ.

They will not be able to be tested by players till at least a few weeks from now but these are serious concerns that should be addressed immediately.

1) the new effects of some of the weapons:
"This weapon doesn't affect the targets health, but instead drains X% of the targets SP (Does not trigger on skill attacks)."
"When landing a regular physical hit it reduces DEF/MDEF of the target to 1 for 5 seconds. "Does not affect skills."

Skills and status effects that are considered normal hits:
A ) Reflect mechanisms, what prevents things like RG's Reflect Damage from being an AoE SP Drain/Def reduction since this skill can activate item autocasts?
B ) Genetic plant skills, what prevents Genetics's Summon Flora, Thorn Trap and Thorn Wall from activating these effects since these skills can activate item autocasts?
C ) Self damaging status effects, what prevents, Ignition status, Leech End poison and Toxin poison(the one that deals 1 damage every 10 seconds and blinds) from activating the new effects on the affected player? Those that have tried using an elemental sword while being hit by Leech End would know that it makes you autocast the Bolts on yourself.

2) Bellum Claw:
Did they really have to make a new item with the same effect as the KVM fist but with 160 ATK? Quintuple the damage of KVM fist... -500 HP/3s is nothing. And what prevents Weapon switching? It makes every other weapon look weak once more...

3)Bellum Katzbalger:
-10 ASPD... Really?

4) "damage versus players":
Does "damage versus players" mean "damage vs demi human" so that it only affects e.atk and w.atk? If so the physical bow (Bellum Crossbow) and arrow set pales in comparison to Orc Archer bow with Steel arrow and the new 14.1 arrow comes (Elvenbow and arrow) which affect the WHOLE damage. If "damage versus players" is not a "damage vs demi human" and affects the whole damage, the melee weapons become highly broken! I am looking at you Bellum claw that would double the Sura's Whole damage if this was the case. <.<

5) Siege Robe[1]:
This item just doesn't compare to the armours of the other classes.[quote name='rafah;1100820][quote=Veemon;1100808][quote=rafah;1100756]If game wasn't unballanced enough' date=' Gravity HAD TO make a +100% human dmg claw with 160 atk.And the Siege Set is so sad for mages and acolytes... The +9 bonus, i meanI think it's official now, gravity hates supporters and loves (physical) attackers. I don't think my Minstrel will last too long with all these new equips...[/quote']even the Priest equips are for battle type :waddle: :P[/QUOTE]Yeah... At least they have new waepons. There isn't even ONE Instrument/Whip for performers.Btw, I still don't know why the hell some weapons with 80%+ dmg against humans has no downsize at all, but removing the CD of Lauda Ag/Ra and Clearance needs to rise their sp cost by 60 (it's nothing, I know, but still...)And my thoughts about the mage/aco set: Looks like that Gravity thinks that +15 MDEF, +100 SP, +5 FLEE(what gravity, srsly?) and +15% ranged resist are as balanced as +25%/+15% maxHP, +12% pot eff and +20% ranged resist.[/QUOTE]

If you are worried about the lack of items for support builds they will probably come next week.

Edit:
One thing I forgot to notice, These items seem to be tradable... Getting a +10 Bellum Claw shouldn't be hard when every player can sell you the items required...

Edited by Clogon, 15 June 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#2 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

lawzly,

1492#Bellum Glave#
increases attack power of clashing spiral by 80%!!!!

1586#Bellum Bible#
increases heal power by "a bit"

EDIT
did i really just read "Siege God Item Piece Box"? ... *worries*

Edited by Quazera, 15 June 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#3 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Clashing gets hit by a major nerf hammer so it's not a problem.

Edit:
That will probably be part of the promised revamping of the god creation items by heim

11. Woe God item creation:
part A: We are still investigating the god 1 exploit reports that we have received. We have made changes so that if any such tomfoolery occured that it shouldn't be possible now., but if we concretely discern that impossibilities were done, we will revoke that god item and likely GM push seals.
part B: The revamping of the seal process. This is still a proposal that is being hashed out, it is quite a big change to redo the way god items are made. And while I know it will make the actual creation more competitive it does have a side effect of making a "little guy can almost never win". That is a good and bad scenario as it does make pushing the seals a bigger deal that currently, but no chance of "sneak in and take". This proposal at best would be an end of summer implementation as it is a system level change.

Edited by Clogon, 15 June 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#4 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Clashing gets hit by a major nerf hammer so it's not a problem.

Edit:
That will probably be part of the promised revamping of the god creation items by heim

Ahh~ okeeC: But still...is "a bit" a valid amount?

I worry about how they decide what the effects of these weapons are. I hope the chances of draining SP isn't 100% chance a hit...otherwise 10hits and priests are done and just looking at the Bellum Claw makes me scared. I mean, they nerfed the old KVM fist because of the insta-gfist and now they are re-implementing it... talk about counter productive~

And I LOVE how everything is still at a +9 as the highest refine bonus. It's like RO knows that the refine system is so wonked out that no one will ever think about getting it over +9

#5 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

we don't know they will not be implemented for a few more weeks. But I am posting concerns about them now so iRO GM's can give the kRO devs our feedback.

#6 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

the claw will be one shotting ppl with megs for sure, also mage classes get crapped on again not a single demi human 1 handed staff with more then 200 matk.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

There's only one thing about that maintenance that entertains me.

"When used on yourself, white imprison will always succeed 100% of the time. Additionally, white imprison can no longer be cast on a target already in white imprison."

#8 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

The ridiculousness of these items is appalling. Giving the OP classes "godlike" items, but giving the lesser classes absolute crap. What the hell, Gravity.

They were doing so well with balancing stuff, too. I really hope at the very least that fist never reaches our server.

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

Edited the first post so that it is clear that they are not implemented yet. Hence why this topic will hopefully convince HQ to change them before they are.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Just read through that list. Posted Image at that +5 Flee for the +6 effect of the armor for support classes. xD

#11 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

Battleground... Arrows? If you have to purchase them with battleground points then that's gotta be a joke.

EDIT: And where're the performer weapons? ._.

Edited by AhinaReyoh, 15 June 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#12 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:03 PM

I like the idea of the new stuff being tradable. I'm tired of having to always chance things in this game. Stat enchantment being the big one.

#13 Echo

Echo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:07 PM

What, no guitars or whips?

#14 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

Bellum Bible at +6? yes please! Bellum claw is.... concerning... whats the point of heim stating and changing things (instacast "shouldnt" be possible in renewal) if they implement an item like that that REMOVES cast time. i understand that we havent recieved this yet, just saying its sort of bs. Arc wand is half of that, but being 2 handed kind of limits that. also curious as to how it can be only in pvp/woe environment. seige suit set is kinda sexy as well

#15 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

Gota Face it..some 1 in Gravity trying to make Ragnarok online into their own a Private Server...Only Private Server have dumb and ill design Custom Item and ridiculous effect.

#16 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

Who the hell is in charge of making this? Should have been fired 4 years ago.

Seriously how could someone come up with that list? I hope it's a joke and completely different next week when it gets to test server. What the hell.

#17 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:51 AM

Bows with 50 atk... what a joke... I hope this will never get implemented in iRO as this will make the game broken as hell...

#18 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:14 AM

Well i'm liking the mage 2hstaff. -50% variable casting time? no variable in strings? yes please!

#19 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:54 AM

the claw will be one shotting ppl with megs for sure, also mage classes get crapped on again not a single demi human 1 handed staff with more then 200 matk.

You can now get instant cast with 1 int/dex.

2016#Bellum Arcwand#
Usable only in PVP and Siege zones.
MATK + 220.
Increases magic attack power by 25%.
Adds 25% magic defense bypassing.
If refined to +6, adds MATK + 15%.
If refined to +9, decreases variable casting time by 50%, and reduces all fixed casting by 0.2s.
Type: Two Hand Staff
Attack: 110
Weight: 80
Item Lv: 4
Req Lv: 95
Job: Mage/Acolyte Types, Soul Linker

Combine that with a +9 CoD, 2x swift rings or other similar equipment which is fairly easy and you have -100% variable cast time. Thats pretty darn good although its only in pvp which kinda sucks.

The fist is rediculous though (at least can't be used for mvp i guess) and i hope they give something decent to performer classes.

Edited by Hrothmund, 16 June 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

This list is bull-_-... the best weapons going to the already overpowered classes, and the worst equipment here goes to the weaker classes. And weakest class (performer) gets jack as usual. Whoever is in charge of this stuff needs to be fired.

#21 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

I have to facepalm everytime I look at the list.
Sad thing is, always a different reason.

Edited by Charon, 16 June 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#22 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

KVM weapons with less attack than level 1 novice gear... Seriously?

#23 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

A fist with the same effects as the kvm fist but with 160 attack power?
Posted Image

#24 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:30 AM

1293#Bellum Jahmadar#
When landing a regular physical hit it reduces DEF/MDEF of the target to 1 for 5 seconds. Does not affect skills.
Refine of the item increases attack speed (Lowered delay between attacks).
Type: Katar
Attack: 170
Weight: 120
Job: Assassin Type

1294#Bellum Scale#
This weapon doesn't affect the targets health, but instead drains 10% of the targets SP (Does not trigger on skill attacks).
Type: Katar
Attack: 50
Weight: 120
Job: Assassin Type

What the hell is this garbage?! A katar...that does not deal any damage? Only to sp, which doesnt mean a damn thing? AND a katar that reduces mdef? ugh!! The only positive is that it increase attack speed on upgrading. other than that utter crap...sigh

#25 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

I loved the 2 handed staff one, but seriously how come 45 atk arrow when genetics can buy 280 atk canon on npc? Who made this is just an idiot.... also lol'ed at the fist.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users