Buy and Sell Section rule and regulations - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Buy and Sell Section rule and regulations

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:39 PM

we shld have someone to help govern and set some guildline in the buy and sell section such as:
1) set s/b and a/w if applicable
2) set a timeline
3) etc

if someone doesn't adhere to it, they will be warned and etc. i like the "reputation" in this forum. we can do something along that line...
lets this be a practise that everyone adhere and it will prevent a lot of unnecessary unhappiness and argument...

#2 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

I am sorry, but even if there is an a/w and somebody else is willing to go past that, I will (and a lot of others) accept that offer over the a/w. It is just plain stupid not to.

The selling section is just a way for people to get their item "advertised" to more people, then just through the in game shops.

I am sorry, but a "policed" selling section.... Will never be for it.

#3 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

I am sorry, but even if there is an a/w and somebody else is willing to go past that, I will (and a lot of others) accept that offer over the a/w. It is just plain stupid not to.

The selling section is just a way for people to get their item "advertised" to more people, then just through the in game shops.

I am sorry, but a "policed" selling section.... Will never be for it.

if u are not sure, then u shldn't put a/w on it at all? i nvr say we must put?
btw, nvr say nvr... it works well before... cant see why we cant do it here...

Edited by maldini, 19 June 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#4 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Putting a/w is completely voluntary, there are no rules that say that you have to set one.

#5 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:14 AM

E-bay auctions are a good example.

On some, you don't see a "Buy now price" but there's a set reserve price, so that the item won't be sold before reaching that price.
On some, you only see the "Buy now price" (take it or leave it).
On some, you see both reserve price and "buy now price" (kind of a normal auction with an a\w).
At last, on some you don't see a reserve price nor a "buy now price", the item will be sold to the highest bidder after the deadline.

This would be awesome here, and should be facultative. You have the option to choose what kinda auction you want.

/dream

#6 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

On some, you don't see a "Buy now price" but there's a set reserve price, so that the item won't be sold before reaching that price.
On some, you see both reserve price and "buy now price" (kind of a normal auction with an a\w).
At last, on some you don't see a reserve price nor a "buy now price", the item will be sold to the highest bidder after the deadline.

This would be awesome here, and should be facultative. You have the option to choose what kinda auction you want.

/dream

good suggestion... i don;t know why someone actually giv u -1 here...

#7 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

good suggestion... i don;t know why someone actually giv u -1 here...

Gige me a +1 so that ugly red goes away!

#8 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

Gige me a +1 so that ugly red goes away!

Done :o

/dream

They need an in game auction house, that would be awesome, It would save me so much electric :3

Edited by Lybis, 20 June 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#9 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:32 PM

I've been a mod elsewhere before and I definitely had to deal with the market section. I had to give warnings to people who didn't set s/b and a/w prices or who changed the a/w price to adjust to the bids. It would make some people mad, but it's not hard to estimate a high enough a/w price!

Edited by Zayin, 20 June 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#10 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I've been a mod elsewhere before and I definitely had to deal with the market section. I had to give warnings to people who didn't set s/b and a/w prices or who changed the a/w price to adjust to the bids. It would make some people mad, but it's not hard to estimate a high enough a/w price!

yeah, by doing all these will only give player confidence with this forum and not wasting each of the players time as well.

#11 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I think it was indeed a good thing. Otherwise, those sections become chaotic and dissatisfied players start flaming. For instance, what's the point of settling an A/w if it can be overbid? That's paradoxical.

#12 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

The best suggestion is probably have some kind of bind like the IM points purchase from the website and transfer into game but in this instance is the opposite. If you want to sell something on forum, bind that account to forum and put in your AW, whoever can give that amount will auto lock that item till someone able to pay that price.

#13 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

The best suggestion is probably have some kind of bind like the IM points purchase from the website and transfer into game but in this instance is the opposite. If you want to sell something on forum, bind that account to forum and put in your AW, whoever can give that amount will auto lock that item till someone able to pay that price.

now i m getting -1 for starting this thread :o thanks pop! :P

sounds good. but need more work from NArose team for the integration. they have too much things on their hand already :D
i would love to start it from simple forum rule and regulations and take it from there :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users