#1 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:56 AM

I can only speak for Draconis as I don't do many UW's on Leonis.

Far too many goes into a Union War to leech points.

It is also very often the case (90% of the times) that the UW is highly un-even. There can be 40 active players versus 10, as it was this morning. And they will all eventually be standing in range of the spawn-area and repeatedly climb-up and climb-down to get easy kills. This makes it all bloody hopeless to gain any points whatsoever on JO-side (and sometimes the opposit side). If lucky you're are range and can take one or two, without dying, by standing on the edge of your spawn-area.

Hence I have suggestions to make.

1. If you're inactive (afk) for longer then one minute you will be transferred away from the UW and your quest will be removed.

1.1 If you're inactive (afk) for longer then one minute a pop-up window will appear on your screen with the question "Do you still want to participate in this Union War" with the alternative answers Yes/No. The pop-up window will have a 10 second countdown and if left un-answered it will be considered as a "No". When answered "No" you will be transferred out of Union War ground and your quest will be removed. If answering "Yes" you will remain in Union War ground.

1.1.1 The pop-up window will never pop up in the same place as people then can have a simple macro/bot to reply this message.

1.1.2 The pop-up message will ask you to write a sentence/number to, a certain degree, ensure you're not using the easiest macro/bots instead of asnwering Yes/No.

1.1.3 There wont be any pop-up window at all but a simple text that starts a 10 second countdown on your screen after being inactive one minute. After this 10 second countdown without moving or writing you will be transferred out of Union War ground and your quest will be removed. If you move before these 10 seconds has expired you will once again be able to stay afk for one minute.

2. Make a level restriction of level 200 for Union War. Believe this has been thought of as you're planning to make a low level platform for Union Wars.

3. Every Union Gear shall be made available to every Union so that a majority of people wont choose one side for that very reason.

4. Each proof shall be made worth 2points. This to make more players actually wanna take part in a UW rather then standing AFK and leeching.

4.1 If you feel 2 points per proof is too much then decrease the winning bonuses.

5. Trading inside the Union War ground shall be dissabled as this is being miss-used in order to disturb players.

Alternative

One solution to adress the problem is to simply randomize what side you end up on. You will be able to join as a party or as individuals, this in order so that friends can play together. This could be made so that only one Union-Shop will remain (taking away the use of more then one Faction). Or it can also be made so that you will indeed always be randomized and you will have a harder time to obtain your items.

Thank you for reading.
//Midnight

Edit: Added the Alternative.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 25 June 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#2 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

I remember reading a dev or admin post stating AFK players would be kicked out and that a killer NPC would be implemented to kill enemy players approaching the respawn.

Edited by Zayin, 25 June 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#3 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Go read the Dev note at the Community Chat section.

#4 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

Go read the Dev note at the Community Chat section.

This is the page you refer to? Dev notes

Some of my suggestion are indeed in there but some are not, consider those.

#5 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Ahh I don't like this at all.. Really one minute? That means no one during UW can afk to go use the bathroom or get a drink. This post is an epic fail and honestly makes me quite mad.

#6 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

so 70 seconds your kicked from war?? maybe 5 minutes +1 minute to respond.

#7 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Ahh I don't like this at all.. Really one minute? That means no one during UW can afk to go use the bathroom or get a drink. This post is an epic fail and honestly makes me quite mad.

Really hadn't thought that very far, cheers for your happy response thought. How about increase the value for killing others then and decrease the value you get from leeching. At least you made me think when you went "quite mad". :)

so 70 seconds your kicked from war?? maybe 5 minutes +1 minute to respond.

This would also be a good alternative. Thank you for not thinking I'm too perfect and could use some help. Appreciate this kind of response.

#8 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

or we could have it the more wars you do a day the less base points for winning you get, but more for proofs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users