Gendered Marriage / Couple - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gendered Marriage / Couple

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

Warning: If you are against any kind of gay relationships, I advice you not to read or post negative comments. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken to my attention that Dragon Saga hasn't celebrated LGBT(Les,Gay,Bi,Trans) Month.
Well, for some reason I don't really take that personal. Yet, will Dragon Saga ever put in the same-gender marriage / couple? Such as a male able to couple/marriage a male, or a female able to couple/marriage a female, or will this just be another topic like every other countries / states would either push to the side or just be another un-cared for topic?

I am not trying to start any orientation/sexuality fight. I'm just wondering.

Edited by TwistedTwist, 28 June 2011 - 11:28 PM.

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

WHAT DO YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK?

Nah I agree that all sorts of marriages/coupling should be allowed in this game and I have said it for a while. I wasn't actually aware of it being LGBT month--is it widespread that I'm ignorant or is it small? It'd be cool if we could get it one day but I doubt we'd get any ideas greenlighted before any other version.

Also for many reasons I feel like that argument is a bit too heavy for most MMO providers and they'd rather stick to the basic plan of providing Male-Female only and saying "It's there, use it if you want" so they don't have to really feel obligated to add it. And I think this is also why they don't add TOO many benefits to the couple/marriage system, so they don't leave anyone out. I don't think it's necessarily an evil choice on the part of the company, but one that allows for fun and doesn't discriminate.

#3 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

WHAT DO YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK?

Nah I agree that all sorts of marriages/coupling should be allowed in this game and I have said it for a while. I wasn't actually aware of it being LGBT month--is it widespread that I'm ignorant or is it small? It'd be cool if we could get it one day but I doubt we'd get any ideas greenlighted before any other version.

Also for many reasons I feel like that argument is a bit too heavy for most MMO providers and they'd rather stick to the basic plan of providing Male-Female only and saying "It's there, use it if you want" so they don't have to really feel obligated to add it. And I think this is also why they don't add TOO many benefits to the couple/marriage system, so they don't leave anyone out. I don't think it's necessarily an evil choice on the part of the company, but one that allows for fun and doesn't discriminate.

Yes, I do live in New York ;3

I feel left out that they DON'T add it.
I feel like I'm forced to couple/marry a women, gay or not.
I would love to meet someone who is also out in dragon saga, since I feel like that I'm the only openly gay person in there.
Yet, if they would allow gay / les couple/marriage this would of course boost self esteem, to not only admit it and be out of the closet ONLINE, but also they might be able to in real life.
I did not post this topic for myself, I posted it for people to actually read it, and probably say "Oh gosh, I wish I could help this guy out. Yet, I don't wanna let myself out." Then change that comment into "OH MY GOSH, I'M GOING TO HELP THIS DUDE OUT! DATTEBAYO!! >;o!"

#4 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:58 PM

Yes, I do live in New York ;3

I feel left out that they DON'T add it.
I feel like I'm forced to couple/marry a women, gay or not.
I would love to meet someone who is also out in dragon saga, since I feel like that I'm the only openly gay person in there.
Yet, if they would allow gay / les couple/marriage this would of course boost self esteem, to not only admit it and be out of the closet ONLINE, but also they might be able to in real life.
I did not post this topic for myself, I posted it for people to actually read it, and probably say "Oh gosh, I wish I could help this guy out. Yet, I don't wanna let myself out." Then change that comment into "OH MY GOSH, I'M GOING TO HELP THIS DUDE OUT! DATTEBAYO!! >;o!"

I think you're missing the larger implication. Keep in mind that I am definitely pro-LGBT (I think you have to be a stubborn idiot not to be and even the word "pro-LGBT" is obnoxious because it shouldn't be an issue). Take the U.S. as a whole and see that there's a lot of opposition to it. When the issue is sensitive even in politics, an MMO free game definitely is not going to take up a controversial stance. Instead the couple system is an extra thing to do if anyone wants to participate, but it is not biased in that it does not benefit its users much.

If, for example, married couples in this game received extraordinary stats for marrying it would be slightly biased. But even then not enough to the degree that it makes for an actual case of discrimination. Unfortunately you can't ask absolutely everything of your free MMOs. The best thing you'd ever get would be possible a CM giving a nod to the LGBT community that there is no bias and that the community is recognized but I would never expect full catering.

Also, you missed out on Jaybert. You look straight as a whistle compared to him.

#5 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

+1. I would like to marry Dorkish or Camei. :dunno:
YES KER. I'M STEALING CAM AWAY FROM YOU.

#6 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

o-o I feel "nkopjoonwljm" at the last thing of that.
Anywayz, I guess your right. In a way I hate.

#7 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

I don't see anything wrong with same-gender couples. The problem here would be the coding and what not. One of the features in this game are couple emotes - those would need to be completely re-coded as well, due to their animation.

Long story short, this would be connected to a TON of additional work for the developers.

#8 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

Well, if you think, they sometimes add stupid stuff.
Such as the DeeNo (yet smexxi) set

Edited by TwistedTwist, 29 June 2011 - 12:07 AM.

#9 Kerwell

Kerwell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

+1. I would like to marry Dorkish or Camei. :blink:

:dunno:

#10 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:09 AM

Well, if you think, they sometimes add stupid stuff.
Such as the DeeNo (yet smexxi) set

'Stupid' stuff is completely based on opinion. =0=

#11 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

So is this topic. o-o

#12 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

<3 She's mine!

#13 Cris

Cris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBehind you ;D
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:13 AM

+1. I would like to marry Dorkish or Camei. :blink:

#14 Kerwell

Kerwell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

She taking your dorky funky !! :blink:

#15 Cris

Cris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBehind you ;D
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

She taking your dorky funky !! :dunno:

We have to do something about this! :blink:

#16 NozokiEmpire

NozokiEmpire

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Locationno.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

She taking your dorky funky !! :dunno:

It'sok. You guys have eachother.

#17 TwistedTwist

TwistedTwist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

Dam Ker, better get yo gurl/boi back. How bout you hire those Jersey Shore People? You can always get Snooki if you're really desperate for help. -Nudges

#18 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

I don't know if ANY of you remember this but wayyy back when Dragonica was in cbt this was a HUGE issue. They told us yes eventually we could have same-gender couples....Here it is well over 2 years later and I guess they scrapped that idea. :/

#19 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

Posted Image

Every MMORPG forum ever. I swear.
The irony is that I'm very much pro-LGBT, but it's threads like this that really annoy me.

Basically, I could go on a tirade about this, but Kazu put it perfectly. It's just not worth the potential backlash, especially considering there's no real advantage to being in a couple, unlike THQ days where you could get couple warp scrolls at a potion store.

And about "I feel like that I'm the only openly gay person in there.":
Posted Image

#20 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

I only marry my friends. Gender OR Sexual orientation doesn't really matter to me, as long as I am not dating them.

Marrying in-game to the people you are dating in real life always leads to drama/embarrassment/hacked items.

Same-gender marriages would be aesthetically cute but it's just a game, I don't really care.

Edited by igozuvi, 29 June 2011 - 10:29 AM.

#21 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image

Every MMORPG forum ever. I swear.
The irony is that I'm very much pro-LGBT, but it's threads like this that really annoy me.

Basically, I could go on a tirade about this, but Kazu put it perfectly. It's just not worth the potential backlash, especially considering there's no real advantage to being in a couple, unlike THQ days where you could get couple warp scrolls at a potion store.

And about "I feel like that I'm the only openly gay person in there.":
Posted Image

You expressed my exact sentiments as well. What a grand show of "Hey, look at me!" this topic barely tries to hide.

#22 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

Yeah something would have to be done with the coding... Below is a ss of a same sex marriage :blink: Impossible you say? Yep lol but not with a gm that can change sexes! lol

Posted Image

What happened was while coupled with the GM Nydhoggr, he changed sexes to test out what would happen. This is how it looks like when we do emotes...both of us doing the "female" side of the emote. His hat covers his cute girl haircut :dunno:

#23 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

I live in SF, and I'd rather not see it in Dragonsaga as well tyvm.

#24 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

I live in SF, and I'd rather not see it in Dragonsaga as well tyvm.

CAUSE YOUR NIGHTS ARE FULL OF BANANA HAMMOCKS RIGHT

#25 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

CAUSE YOUR NIGHTS ARE FULL OF BANANA HAMMOCKS RIGHT

It goes wild in down town this time of the month...... I try my best to stay away. Just imagine, naked men...i mean NAKED fully...walking in the streets. Yeah...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users