For the ones with problems with the latest patch - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

For the ones with problems with the latest patch

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:41 AM

patched and requiem.exe infected with trojan TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2

requiem.exe moved to quarantine -> start game replies : no execution file exists . ofc

Full check results in :Application corrupted. Please install again.

Can you fix that asap please ? can't play secure !

Thank you.

So far it looks like the problem is limited to users of Avira AntiVir Premium or Avira AntiVir Free, although I see one mention of Norton. I would suspect this is a false positive caused by changes to the executable in the patch, but not by a virus.

Link to Avira AntiVir Support

From the AVIRA web site: http://www.avira.com...page/2/kbid/100

What should I do in case of a confirmed false positive from Avira?
First, the good news: Your computer is not endangered by false positives.

But because AntiVir treats the respective file as it were a real virus (until the next update), you should proceed as described in the following:

In the Configuration window, in Expert mode, you can set exception for Scanner and Guard, to exclude from scanning the corresponding active processes, directories and files. You can read further details in AntiVir Help (F1).

Please check repeatedly for updates or look for more info on our website, about a new vdf file.

Then you must remove the exceptions you set, or reactivate the Guard.

Affected products

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus [Windows]Avira AntiVir Premium [Windows]Avira AntiVir Professional [Windows]Avira Premium Security Suite [Windows]

• Created : Friday, April 13, 2007
  • Last updated: Monday, April 18, 2011

thats great to know ..but the requieum.exe has been removed ..so does this mean we have to reinstall the game and ALL the patches now!

nvm i got it working ...just had to shut arvia off and then restore requium.exe from the arvia quartine list

anyway Moondue if you choose to go on with it do this :

Go to Avira Configuration -> check "Expert mode" box
Then on Scanner/Guard options click seek -> exceptions
set the file/process to exclude from scanning/execution routines

All from: Scheduled Maintenance June 28th, 2011

I hope this help you guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users