188 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

We all survived the 4th, with all of our fingers intact no less!

So here is what is happening tonight in the land of Ragnarok.

• Alchemist Lists will Reset today is the start of the new WoE Semester!
  • Anniversary Destiny Box will discontinue being sold.
  • Boxter will remain in until 12th
  • The Gear Recycler will allow you to collect prizes from it for Midgard Coins until the 12th, but no more items can be turned in.
  • Double Exp Event ends
  • Turnin NPCs for Bio2, West Orc Village, Rachel, and Magma Dungeon 2 will be in place until the 12th. They will only COMPLETE the quests you already had for them but will not give another one. +7 Ygg Crown will count for turnin combination.
  • Ymir Woe 1 Steward issue will be fixed. Our deepest apologies on that problem, the CS team will be restoring lost treasure from Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to the holding guild leaders.
  • Double Drop event will also be in place on all servers.
New ongoing event! We are going to start our 1st week of a long term event to help players get from 70 - 150 over the summer!
This week we will be implementing a large turnin for levels 70-95, it will be Alarms.
You can hunt 400 Alarms, and turn in for FULL exp of the monster kills. VIP gets option of combining the Exp. When you pick up the quest in the Eden Group a 23 hour timer will begin, you may turn in the quest after the 23 hours expires, and pick up the quest again. Essentially this is a DAILY quest, that you can do until next maintenance.

Next Week the 70-95 will disable, and in its place

• July 12: 90-110 will be implemented
  • July 19: 70-95 & 105-120
  • July 26: 90-110 & 115-130
  • Aug 2: 70-95 & 105-120 & 125-140
  • Aug 9: 90-110 & 115-130 & 135-150
We will have other events as well being implemented through the weeks, but this is a semi ongoing thing we want to implement, and it will take time to develop all the contents so this is the reason we are implementing it in stages as we are.

#2 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

For a daily turn in that gives "FULL EXP" seems kinda...meh, to me~ I'd rather have a turn in that gives less than full exp but repeatable straight away.

I feel like there will be a problem with people having done the quest already and leaving other's who can't solo high and dry. If you're making it only once a day you might as well bump the exp to like, 125-150% the exp or something~

Other than that, it sounds interesting~ having tier quests that roll over pushing people to level~ Good changeC:

Edited by Quazera, 05 July 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#3 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

when is 13.3 going live on servers?

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

13.3 is scheduled tentitively for next week.

The monsters will give full exp and the turnin will give full exp.
In essence it would be like doing ~ 3 of the old 200 turnins. But can only do it once per day.

#5 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

+1 for long term event = more Partying...........weeeeeeee

mmmm awe...My slim white....Sad..

~~ Made them 4000/ more kill count...ill go for that once per day..with Bm on

Edited by Dukeares, 05 July 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#6 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

I agree the once-per-day limit is going to make this quest not worth the time. Getting together a party and whatnot for *one* turn-in, why bother?

#7 Account

Account

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

I agree, I'd prefer less exp but make it instantly repeatable.

#8 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

I agree the once-per-day limit is going to make this quest not worth the time. Getting together a party and whatnot for *one* turn-in, why bother?

Just get a friend or two to do it with you. It wont be that bad. I'm personally a little disappointed we have to wait for the higher level events, but on the flip side, something is better than nothing.

Any chance of making these things perm Heim?

#9 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

If it took you to the cap level, then it would be worth it for sure.

With the alarms VIP no manual will be around level 90.

VIP HE 93

#10 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

Mmm... How about a "surprise" to whoever saved the midgard coins, instead of spending now?

I have no ideas, of course. Something to spend the leftover coins, because if they require multiples of 600 all the time, it might have some people with leftovers. 50, 100, 300~

Also. Put a cooldown of 6 hours, not 23 D:

And. What will happen with our Pirate Bandanna?

And. Don't close the Old Payon warp~~~ ):

And... Oh wait.

#11 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

Can we keep the 2x EXP for one more week please? This daily thing doesn't seem like its going to work. It's going to be the party mechanic all over again, it seems like a good idea on paper, but through out this week, i haven't seen any real parties.

Or at least extend this weeks level cap to 99?

Edited by Nova, 05 July 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#12 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm editing this just because I only had 200 for the turn in instead of 400

I think Gravity and the CS team have something here, what I think this will essentially do is create a more, welcoming party scenario, especially with the new party system in place... so essentially, each person in the party, considering it's all almost within share range anyways, is give each of the members more exp in total... so long as the party system is working properly, because they would get the exp boost for party members in their party, exp from the monsters, as well as exp from the turn in. according to my calculations, and forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be something like 175%exp based on a 5 man party?

now I'm 100% on the numbers, but I believe that in a 5 man party the exp boost is 12-15% and having to kill, say 400 clocks at a rate of 1,242 base exp would = 496800 exp for simply killing them... now divide that by 5 (members in the party = 99360 exp...

now lets say for the sake of argument... and again forgive me if the numbers are wrong... the modifier is 12% each person would then get 99360 exp X 12% = 111283 exp

now for a character at base lvl 70 and non trnas, who only needs 128,000 exp to lvl... that is just under what they need to lvl... not counting the turn in... now doing this once every day, most certainly won't be enough to lvl, however, should a party find a good groove, who's to say that it won't continue on, and collect way more exp than simply doing the turn in???

I believe this is a great new idea... and it has promise...

my only complaint is what about those who don't have a character in that range to lvl? those that are already 100+ what about us? to me this seems like a way to help out the new players who have already done the grind, and have our mains over this turn in? what do we get this week?

Edited by robbin068, 05 July 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#13 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

I agree, I'd prefer less exp but make it instantly repeatable.

should be 4x the exp, since its once a day... and clarification the anniversary event stays in till next maint?

#14 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

One time turn... is more focused about soloing a turn in when you have time, leaving people who are not killers outside of the turn in.

Could I suggest that you consider dividing your turn in in maybe 4 sets of 100 per day or so? You would still limit players advancing "too much", but you could complete the quest and party with the other people around that aren't on the same counter...

#15 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

I think Gravity and the CS team have something here, what I think this will essentially do is create a more, welcoming party scenario, especially with the new party system in place... so essentially, each person in the party, considering it's all almost within share range anyways, is give each of the members more exp in total... so long as the party system is working properly, because they would get the exp boost for party members in their party, exp from the monsters, as well as exp from the turn in. according to my calculations, and forgive me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be something like 175%exp based on a 5 man party?

now I'm 100% on the numbers, but I believe that in a 5 man party the exp boost is 12-15% and having to kill, say 200 clocks at a rate of 1,242 base exp would = 248400 exp for simply killing them... now divide that by 5 (members in the party = 49680 exp...

now lets say for the sake of argument... and again forgive me if the numbers are wrong... the modifier is 12% each person would then get 49680 exp X 12% = 55642 exp

now for a character at base lvl 70 and non trnas, who only needs 128,000 exp to lvl... that is just under half of what they need to lvl... not counting the turn in... now doing this once every day, most certainly won't be enough to lvl, however, should a party find a good groove, who's to say that it won't continue on, and collect way more exp than simply doing the turn in???

I believe this is a great new idea... and it has promise...

my only complaint is what about those who don't have a character in that range to lvl? those that are already 100+ what about us? to me this seems like a way to help out the new players who have already done the grind, and have our mains over this turn in? what do we get this week?

#16 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

no one parties really and its because everyone clicks into there own little crowds i think we need another ti because it boosted random parting yea now i just gotta spend more hard to get zenny one white pots thanks! Real money in this game equals leet status its almost like buying zenny

#17 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Btw, what's going to happen to the pirate bandanas?

For the turn ins, is it going to be in the clock tower, or special map warp in Eden?

#18 darkjester89

darkjester89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Locationsacramento
  • Server:ymir

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

i wonder if the 3X battle manuals will be for sale seeing as this event is only a week long and ur only able to turn in once a day for sure i would want to have the max amount of exp possible per turn in

#19 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

you do relize you can switch over between character to bypass cool down, so it makes you lvl more than one character, but thats up to you guys, im just trying to point out

#20 robbin068

robbin068

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEternal | Asura

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

i think we need another ti because it boosted random parting yea now i just gotta spend more hard to get zenny one white pots thanks! Real money in this game equals leet status its almost like buying zenny

I can understand your point about the parties, but to be honest Zeny isn't that hard to come by, all you have to do is watch the market, there are things that are epically easy to get that you can vend on the open market like poison spores, or stems, or even empty bottles... wind of verdue and other elemental stones are in high demand and vend for 15-20k and drop from relatively easy monsters to kill... so I'm sorry to say, but saying spending hard to get zeny is basically saying you don't pay attention when you walk through Prontera and don't see a single vend up... people make zeny in this game through hard work and determination.... and most importantly picking up loot when doing the grinding for levels...

Edited by robbin068, 05 July 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#21 Nova

Nova

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

So, what are we getting for the last week of the anniversary event? Please don't tell me that the ongoing TI's that start this week are part of it, cause if they wouldn't be going longer than the anniversary. Which lead me to say in my last post, please keep the 2x EXP for one more week.

#22 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Was the anniversary event not supposed to last until next week considering it started late? Why are all the leveling events being taken out?

#23 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Once a day turnins? It's like the Sonic cycle. Something new is announced on the horizen, and we all get excited, and then they pull the "once a day thing, suckers!" on us. Then we get disappointed and swear to never trust again, until the next thing is brought in.

Just what is the reasoning behind once a day turn ins?

#24 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

At least I know ahead of time im not going to be playing until august 16th

#25 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Just what is the reasoning behind once a day turn ins?

So you use a Manual for turnin. Then waste the remaining 29 minutes of it.
Next day, another Manual.

= Profit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users