Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

I got scammed, and had wanted to post the shameless person's name but I realised it will be removed promptly so no point Which is a shame ^^. Lucky for me the unethical scoundrel took me only for 600K. More angry on principle rather than the loss of a poultry sum.

Whether Gravity likes it or not people will always trade lant for mall points or WP energy. It would be nice if they took this into account and made a legitimate solution for this.

Possible solution is something like "Eve Online" PLEX items. In EVE Online PLEX items can be traded, sold for in game money . In the case for EVE Online a PLEX is a single months free subscription. This makes EVE Online lots of money.

So something like credit items that can be bought by users and then sold or traded in game. These credit items depending on the type can be exchanged for WP energy, Item Mall Points or maybe just Monthly Premium Account. There should be variations on the amount of credit (100, 200, 500 Energy PTS). This will make the economy more vibrant and make scammers find another game (almost) :waddle:

So my advice for those who don't want to be scammed:

- Trade only with people you trust or those with references from people you trust
- Only high level toons. Dont trade with low levels.
- Add the persons name to friends list so if he changes it, you can still know the name
- A person with a guild is preferable.
- Take screenshots of conversation and make it on region or normal chat.

If you get scammed
- raise a ticket and report the name. I am sure WP will do something about it in due course.
- For more information on WP Policy look here

And thank you to all the honest people in the game. It is always appreciated -_-

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

As i see it, the best solution for that is to extend something we alredy have. They should make all the mall items sealed. With that, people can trade them directly and even sell them in the Auctioneer and Personal Shops.

#3 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

As i see it, the best solution for that is to extend something we alredy have. They should make all the mall items sealed. With that, people can trade them directly and even sell them in the Auctioneer and Personal Shops.

Well there is only one problem with that, if the buyer change his mind the seller will be stuck with something he doesn't want.

Now that I think about it more, this whole idea may also mess up the event drops prices, not that I care for them.

Saying all that, anything better than the current system.

#4 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

They should just add WP option to trade window. Easy solution. Open trade window, one guy puts in 1k WP points other guy puts in Lant. Click and click.. Trade completed. How easy was that?

They do now have the option of getting 1k coupon codes for WP Home. Guess you can trade items/lant for the code. Of course you can still get ripped off....

#5 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

easyest and probably good would be to just make all mallitems unbound / tradeable. + put them in ah and playershops

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well there is only one problem with that, if the buyer change his mind the seller will be stuck with something he doesn't want.

Now that I think about it more, this whole idea may also mess up the event drops prices, not that I care for them.

Saying all that, anything better than the current system.

Not really, they still would be able to sell them in the Auctioneer. Also, i saw this kind of system in other games and people mostly sell stuffs in the Auctioner and buy them there instead of go to someone and buy it directly.

Edited by Nadesh, 10 July 2011 - 11:22 AM.

#7 jls1znv9999

jls1znv9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

If they don't make any changes to item mall how about a "List of Shame". This wouldn't allow people to circumnavigate the list with a name change. At least you know who you aren't dealing with.
Not sure if this is how you do it
If i sell item mall pts (rarely if ever)
You get item or lant first. Money talks and pixels walk.
the exchange rate w/ IM pts vs lant is way off.
10kk lant is easy if you really get on it.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

A shame list doesnt work, because in one way or another, someone will abuse. Yes, real scammers would be named, but also people that arnt scammers.

Many games have mall items that can be sold in the Auctioneer, that is probably the best way to prevent a lot of scams.

#9 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

A shame list doesnt work, because in one way or another, someone will abuse. Yes, real scammers would be named, but also people that arnt scammers.

Many games have mall items that can be sold in the Auctioneer, that is probably the best way to prevent a lot of scams.

100% right. Just one problem with that, it will drop the prices which can either be said good or bad.

Personally, I would love to see "[Sealed] Item Mall Points" & "[Sealed] Warpportal Energy Points" in AH.

#10 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

Bump

#11 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

They should just add WP option to trade window. Easy solution. Open trade window, one guy puts in 1k WP points other guy puts in Lant. Click and click.. Trade completed. How easy was that?

Still think this is best and easiest way....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users