Option to remove visual effect - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Option to remove visual effect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

I happen to lost a discrete GPU (Graphic Processing Unit for you uns) thanks to mouse urine so I had to use integrated GPU (iGPU) in Intel's i3 processor until the replacement comes.

It's okay with almost everything turned off except the visual effect of some skills (salamander flame, AOEs, buff and debuffed effect to name a few) are still on, no way you can turn these off, and when you're near a bunch of them it'll strain and likely to cause the iGPU's driver to crash. Yes I know you peep recommended a higher hardware level but sometimes we need it to look like a stickman's world.

Cancel all visual/graphic effect option button.

#2 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

I just wanna know this, does anyone not lag in sikuku ruins? Especially the place where the Turak quest is. :D

#3 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

It would be nice to be able to turn off "advanced" visual effects.
Like bonfire not doing its animations, maybe just have the logs visible.
I do see the benefit of having the ability to turn off all the "bling", and not just turning down the quality.
Being able to keep quality without having to have the advances visuals is something I think a lot of people would like.

+1

#4 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

It would be nice to be able to turn off "advanced" visual effects.
Like bonfire not doing its animations, maybe just have the logs visible.
I do see the benefit of having the ability to turn off all the "bling", and not just turning down the quality.
Being able to keep quality without having to have the advances visuals is something I think a lot of people would like.

+1

mana flame make me lag ... soooooo +1

#5 JavedIqbal

JavedIqbal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Definitely agree with this. My computer is okay, except that the graphics card is a crappy intel integrated graphics card, and as such the plethora of visual effects present in prison 24/7 causes my computer to drop to like 2-3 fps for the duration of my stay, with occasional spikes of 1 frame per like 4 seconds. I think it would be great if there was a way to disable these visual effects, even if it was something that required you to restart ROSE it would be awesome.

#6 Zayin

Zayin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

I've used this before on another server, so it's implementable for sure :wub:! Very useful when many players are playing at the same location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users