Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

After many patches away, I finally started to research and play again. As a warning, Lightning Ride IS NO LONGER VIABLE. I suggest using SkyBlow or TigerCannon as a leveling option. More to come on that once I get on with testing.
Due to massive skill changes GTR is no longer staple to my build. Use GT Change.

I would also like to note, DO NOT GO FROM MONK TO SURA. This IS NOT RECOMMENDED. Don't be lazy, or give up go the full ride from Monk > Champion > Sura. If you don't you will be quite useless in almost all end game situations due to the lack of zen.

As far as equips go the 4 most important things you need are:
Hunterfly cards x2 in a Carga Mace
Rideword hat +4 or +9 if you can afford it.
Immune Nyd or anything of the like.
Phen Clip or orleans armors with elements (Elemental armors are kinda required at higher levels anyway I suggest aiming for even cheap things like glittering jackets early on).

As a champion, I suggest leveling at Annolians with a wind fist from 96-99 to find yourself a carga mace to save some zeny.

I also suggest investing in a double minorous carga to start mvping @ 13x. You will need every bit of zeny you can get, as the later 130s need a bit more zeny per hr to level in scaraba. When you hit 14x and have GTR it wont be so bad at all.

Here is a list of common abbreviations I will be using:

RD: Rising Dragon
EG: Gentle Touch Energy Gain
KA: Knuckle Arrow
PA: Power Absorb
LR: Lightning Ride
RB: Raging Blast
GTR: Gentle Touch Revitalize
SB: Sky Blow
RTB: Raging Trifecta Blow
RQ: Raging Quadruple Blow
RT: Raging Thrust
AS: Absorb Spirit Sphere
WM: Windmill
TC: Tiger Cannon

That is pretty much every sura skill you will use to level. Everything else is pretty much a waste of points. With the exception of some PvP skills like Cursed Circle.
Several updates and edits will happen here, I'll do my best to keep you all updated. I will do my best to impart any leveling knowledge I can. I will not reveal my zeny making methods etc. so please don't ask.

So lets begin. The most common way to level any monk now is combo. If you're thinking of going anything else, forget it now. Spirit monks got nerfed in renewal. Until you hit Sura you will be using RTB/RQ/RT only. Any other combo skills are not SP effiecent enough to keep up with xp/hr. With the right gear you won't need any Champion combo skills. Champion is basically just being a monk, but with a 1 key summon 5 spirit sphere button called zen.

Ok as far as level 1-86 is concerned Eden group HQ tells you every zone or hunt you should be doing. If a quest is too hard on the board try another one on the eden board.

Here is a link to how some stuff in renewal works:
http://forums.warppo...urning-players/

And here is a guide that covers most basic leveling in renewal includes videos etc:
dead link looking for new one.

Now for levels 86 and above the suggested leveling zones are as follows:

Roweens until 86-90 (One map east from Rachel?)
Dark Priests until 86-96 (Inside Glhast Heim Churchyard)
Stapos until 90-95 (South of Veins Town)
Magmarings 95-110 (The field outside of the area marked "Thors Dungeon" on the map button in the interface)
Volcano Dungeon 100-121 (aka Nogg, aka Magma Dun, marked ont he map button)
Juperous 121-134 (yuno_field07 aka El Mes Gorge aka Valley of Abyss on the map button)
Rachel Sanctuary 132-140 (skeptical about heading to 140 here I stayed until 138 just cause it cost about 0 zeny/hr to level here at 134)
Scaraba Dungeon 135-150 (Requires new world quest chain etc)
Abyss Lake 140-150 (Requires a set of easy to obtain quest items. Yet again marked on the map button if you hit tab)

Stat wise your stats should look something like this as a monk/champ:

STR 85~
AGI 80-85~ (Same as below you can do just fine with 70 STR until your agi and dex are high enough.)
Vit 20 (As a champ anyway)
Dex 70~ ( I suggest for dark priests this be close to 65~ before leveling there)

I've found that stats around these areas are typically best for soloing.

I have yet to level at Roweens, but it seems quite popularr, but for now I'll go through the basic equipment needed to level in the zones above. You can use eden HQ items all the way to 99, but it won't be as efficient.

When you ding around 86~ you have the option to grind dark priests, as they are now in range. The ideal equipment set up for this is Evil Armor (Bathory Card) and a Nemesis. Both of these items are rather cheap and are quite easy to obtain from vendors. For leveling in dark priests be sure to bring about 50~ white pots in case you run into to big a mob, with the suggested build above you should be able to RQ>RT>RQ and they are dead. If you need SP use AS (Hold Shift to target a mob with it or use /ns) to drain SP from monsters or zen/Summon Sphere/AS til sp is decent enough to continue. Never forget your Awakening and Concentration potions.

At around 90-95 you want to pick up a Ice Fist and Fire fist, or make a sage as an endow slave, then head out to Stapos. When you start leveling at Stapos, follow the same combo pattern as above. Use AS on the Droseras they seem to give the most SP back on that map, if the bots are to much for you use the in game map and hit tab to highlight the areas you can level at.

Magmarings is the exact same as leveling at Stapos. No changes here except use that Ice fist I told you to get.

Ok now that I've covered that onward to the real heart of this guide: SURA.

After obtaining 99 please be aware that up to I believe 30m EXP is stored at 99 Champion. Meaning when you job change to sura and kill 2-3 mobs you level instantly it helps alot, so be sure to grind a bit as a champ at 99/70.

Now onward, to the basic bread and butter of early leveling, without using up your skill reset is to go for Sky Blow as fast as you can. For a while you will be leveling like a normal combo champ on Magmarings until 105~ or Desert Wolves. Once you pick up Sky blow you can continue at either map or you can head on out to Kobolds (The level 107 Map I think if you see archers zone to the other map.) I leveled at Kobolds using LR. Like a fool snap zenning my way to 108~ish, Sky blow makes things alot faster I would imagine.

After obtaining SB level 5 start working to EG on the tree take EG to at least 3 as rising dragon will be the next skill you should aim for after getting Windmill.

Once you are around level 105-108~ its time to head to magma dungeon aka nogg aka volcano dungeon. You will be able to solo down here effectively with the right equipment and consumables.

Equipment I used:

+5 Double Hunterfly Carga Mace
+4 Nydhogger Immune (Ray or harpy mufflers etc will do just fine but this helps alot with SP)
+7 Pasana Glittering Jacket
+4 Rideword Hat
Phen Clip
Ring of Muscle
+7 Sky Petite Card Stone Buckler/Khalitzburg card Stone Buckler

Later on due to the recycle event and some other things my equips will change dramatically. You don't need full sets of everything to level anywhere, but a set of all racial Stone Bucklers and Rideword hat make the amount you will spend on consumables get cut in half or to none at all.

Volcano Dungeon 100-121

Now to cover Nogg leveling. Once you hit Sura, and have the base stats above for champ/monk start getting vit. You will need it to level until your 121~

Nogg leveling is simple. Windmill > spam SB in a large mob, then use Zen if you don't have EG. Be sure to have an endow for water it helps at early levels, but is not needed later on. As far as consumables go, until about 115~ I was burning close to 330k~ every 20 minutes to 1m/hour the amount is reduced later on due to your damage output providing more HP from the Hunterfly cards and Rideword hat. At 115 I went from using a mil an hour to about 200k~300k at best. I'd also like to add that bringing some ygg seeds and strawberries is highly suggested to reduce down time and chance of death. Once you have EG level 3 use SB Spam > Windmill if you feel your taking to much damage then spam SB with the spheres you got back from EG.

Juperous 121-134

Where do I begin? Here is where things change a bit. You will still be using SB at this point. If you wish try tiger cannon, I have yet to try it. If you have access later on Rampage blast is still viable for dragons I suggest using your guilds god items if you can to help you level. It is not required but it makes life easier.

Stats removed due to nerf to lightning ride (Why did this get nerfed? It's beyond me)

At higher levels the standard of 9x-100 in each stat applies. I suggest after STR is around 100 to get int up there for mvping later on.

This is probably the fastest leveling you will do as a 3rd class. Juperous is mobby, tons of fun and has the same problem as Nogg did at early levels in terms of zeny/hr which is actually fixed around 128~.

By this time you should no longer need to zen to gain spheres back, the trick to leveling here is to just snap around with EG on mobbing, SB > WM > SB > WM > SB etc. You should also have early levels of RD which you should use even if its only level 1-2. It's possibly the best sura skill in the tree. I suggest staying here until the exp gap hits hard at 134. The place has so many mobs it more then makes up for lack of the exp bonus for being in level range.

Rachel Sanctuary 132-140

Nothing changed here due to rampage blast being viable.

Ok here is where things change up a bit. By now you should have RD @ Level 10 and RB @ level 5. With around 125~ Str with buffs gear etc and a Double Archer Skeleton Carga +7 pref. You can one shot everything basiclly on Rachel Sanctuary Floor 1.

If not, you can use green pots and 9x vit to snap mob and LR, but this method consumes zeny, where the other option is 0z/hr.

The trick is to snap > heal > Snap > Zen > PA > Heal etc then use RB to one shot the vanberks you had trailing behind you. Its tedious at first, but when you get the hang of it you will end up saving yourself alot of zeny in pots. I suggest a full set of racial bucklers/guards etc. and an immune for this method or any of my above methods to leveling to succeed.

Now you don't need to stay here until 140, you can leave and take on scaraba level 2 at around 137~. Be warned if you do the cost to level in scaraba is dramatically higher then any of the previous zones until 14x when you have GTR.

Scaraba Dungeon 135-150

Advice for skill use removed, since build is now irrelevant.

Ok so you've made it this far, the last part of the hike to the top of the mountain that is 150.

Scaraba Dungeon is the best spot to level for 135-150. The only problem is the mobs have stoneskin. Its a pain in the butt. Now I'm going to list the equips I use to level down here:

+7 Double Kingbird Carga (Archer Skeleton)
+9 Rideword Hat
+8 Immune Nyd
+5 Bigfoot Card Stone Buckler
Clip under cast

If you intend to level at 14x I suggest you have the gear to do so or the buff slaves. Its a bit rough on the wallet that contains your magical zeny.

Skill builds:

In this section I will outline how some of the trees look at job 50. Please play with them to see where you will be at early on.

Leveling spec removed due to inaccuracies after nerf.

Basic WoE spec:

http://irowiki.org/~...QsNeAGAkdabfUcY

Edit: Some grammar edits, more to come on tiger cannon use and sura end game after I'm done testing in the next few weeks. Don't expect an update for at least another 3-4 weeks as I will be playing the classic server.

Edited by Alyst, 01 July 2012 - 04:45 AM.

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

"That is pretty much every sura skill you will use to level. Everything else is pretty much a waste of points. With the exception of some PvP skills like Cursed Circle."

Nice guide mate. I do have a question for you. Isn't Windmill a better skill to use for PVP purpose? Correct me if I'm wrong.

#3 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:33 PM

"That is pretty much every sura skill you will use to level. Everything else is pretty much a waste of points. With the exception of some PvP skills like Cursed Circle."

Nice guide mate. I do have a question for you. Isn't Windmill a better skill to use for PVP purpose? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its primary use is to recover spheres while under EG. It also stuns all the mobs letting you reduce the damage you take.

If anyone has any other questions about Sura voice them here, I'll do my best to respond or send me a PM.

Edited by Alyst, 16 July 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#4 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

+1'd and props to you. This is going to help me very much. I'm currently struggling with obtaining some Zeny, but once thats done, ill be on my way... now to just figure out what stats to start off with as a Novice... /hmm

#5 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

+1'd and props to you. This is going to help me very much. I'm currently struggling with obtaining some Zeny, but once thats done, ill be on my way... now to just figure out what stats to start off with as a Novice... /hmm

9 Str 9 Agi/dex =P

#6 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

Thank you sir :thumb:

#7 reminiscer

reminiscer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie_Open

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

wow alyst :thumb: ur da bomb <3 lmao, didnt read the whole thing, gona save it for later when i get bored, so many words lol @_@.
This goin to help me a lot , for starting a sura, since my mechanic class isnt so hot xD
I do have some question:
1. So as monk/champion, you'll 80% of the time be auto-attacking?since high agi/dex, and RTB is passive, like double attack for a thief. So uhh, do i need to invest in INT at all?for higher heal, max sp, sp regen. Since u know, guillotine fist affects how much sp a target has or so o-o.

2. Hm so like, later on when u are a Sura, your main build shall be vit/str/int right?vit for having more hp/hp regen for good mobbing. Str for being good dmg dealing on AoE like lightning ride, sky blow. And int for long lasting sp supply right?Correct me if im wrong O_O. I suppose a little bit of DEX too, since u need HIT. And agi is useless?since u wont be needing aspd since ull be constantly spamming AoEs. And as for flee, vit can just do the job eh o.o

oh uhh, u kno the Summon Spirit Sphere, at lvl 5, it says it can summoned 5 spheres at once. Similar to Zen, can also summoned 5 spheres too, so...whats da difference._." so wouldnt SSS be nicer o.o since its half the cast time to cast than the Zen

oh and btw, i never really understood gfist >_> it says the dmg influences by how much SP the user has and how many spheres. What about the base str and the dmg of the weapon?Does it influence too o.o

nice guide once again ;D lawl~ keep us updated :( xDDDDDDDD!!

Edited by reminiscer, 17 July 2011 - 06:55 PM.

#8 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

wow alyst :thumb: ur da bomb <3 lmao, didnt read the whole thing, gona save it for later when i get bored, so many words lol @_@.
This goin to help me a lot , for starting a sura, since my mechanic class isnt so hot xD
I do have some question:
1. So as monk/champion, you'll 80% of the time be auto-attacking?since high agi/dex, and RTB is passive, like double attack for a thief. So uhh, do i need to invest in INT at all?for higher heal, max sp, sp regen. Since u know, guillotine fist affects how much sp a target has or so o-o.

2. Hm so like, later on when u are a Sura, your main build shall be vit/str/int right?vit for having more hp/hp regen for good mobbing. Str for being good dmg dealing on AoE like lightning ride, sky blow. And int for long lasting sp supply right?Correct me if im wrong O_O. I suppose a little bit of DEX too, since u need HIT. And agi is useless?since u wont be needing aspd since ull be constantly spamming AoEs. And as for flee, vit can just do the job eh o.o

oh uhh, u kno the Summon Spirit Sphere, at lvl 5, it says it can summoned 5 spheres at once. Similar to Zen, can also summoned 5 spheres too, so...whats da difference._." so wouldnt SSS be nicer o.o since its half the cast time to cast than the Zen

oh and btw, i never really understood gfist >_> it says the dmg influences by how much SP the user has and how many spheres. What about the base str and the dmg of the weapon?Does it influence too o.o

nice guide once again ;D lawl~ keep us updated :( xDDDDDDDD!!

1. Yup, int is almost 100% useless as a monk/champion unless you plan on mvping as a champ. I don't recommend it due to the MvP Magic and Attack damage change, they also buffed almost every old mvps hp by x3. Champions at around say 90~ should have enough jobs to have zen + the combo skills required to level. At this point start getting heal and agi up to level 10, this isn't possible as a monk. For monk leveling the best you can do unless your willing to buy strawberrys and white pots, is to absorb spirit sphere on a weak mob on what ever map. This has a 20% chance of refunding SP = to the mobs level back to you. Takes a few minutes and it sucks, but its cheap.

Damage is calculated like this ATK*(8 + SP/10) + 1000 ATK. I think this is the renewal formula for Gfist. I'm not sure this may be the old one, probably is. Don't worry about Gfist damage til around 130~ Sura. Tbh I haven't found many of the renewal formulas to work correctly, since I always manage to find the updated kRO formulas. I do know this, the sp portion of the skill is working as it did pre-renewal it seems. As far as how weapon damage and attack is calculated I'm looking into it atm. So in other words SP > STR. As far as pure ATK being better, well I'm not sure. The largest increases in damage I've seen from Gfist is from SP increments rather then say mantis rings etc. Mass amounts of ATK will always add more, bryn megs etc.

2. When you hit Sura, you will no longer be 1v1ing targets you will be AoEing a surplus of about 12+. At which point agi is virtually useless, the only reason you keep agi until 11x is Sky Blows damage is affected by it.
As far as stat build go, as long as your a champ at 8x your stats should look like this:

STR: 70~
AGI: 80-85
INT: 20~ if you want it over vit I prefer this, but the vit does help.
VIT: 1 Option 2 as a champ is 20 vit over int
DEX: 65-70

Just evolve your stats as needed, when you hit 110~ Sura stats should be around this after the reset

STR: 85~
AGI: 1
INT: 40~
VIT: 85
DEX 80~

You don't need more then 95~ Dex to hit anything you will be leveling on, so you can stick with 80~ dex for a good while til the mid 130s. Lightning rides damage actually depends more on your base level then anything else, which IMO has made leveling utter hell, but it gets better when you get RB. As for int, its general use is higher heal, mdef, and later Gfist.

As for Spirit Spheres, Zen has a 1 second fixed cast time where SSS has a .5 fixed I think, it takes 1~2 seconds to summon 5 spheres. Where as with SSS it takes around 3s-5s depending on cast time global's etc. At higher levels zen is quite fast and 1 button. Plus when you zen with Rising Dragon it gives you all 15 Spheres back, where if you SSS it takes 15 casts to get 15 Spheres.

Edited by Alyst, 18 July 2011 - 02:22 AM.

#9 reminiscer

reminiscer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

Lol wow O: ur da Sura master haha, thanks ;p

Oh and two more XD lol~ uhm. When u MvP'ing, you'll be mainly using gfist right?Cuz like, saw a vid of 150 sura, gfist'ing a Niddhogur Shadow, for 750k @_@. So I guess thats our ultimate mvp attack.

And as for STRONGEST mace in term of DMG, its the Carga Mace?._." but danggg its only 175dmg lol, is like soo low compare to the other weps like Giant Axe 350dmg.
I wish Pile Bunker would be avaiable for acolyte use as well >_> 450dmg..

Oh btw, will Chick Hat be SUPERRRRRR useful to monk in general?;D since double attack lvl 2 passive. Maybe our raging trifecta blow will have a double attack chance too?lmao so that be RTB x2 ;DD

Edited by reminiscer, 18 July 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#10 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

Seems about right to the point where i got to with my sura. I plan to go al3 later lvls though (yay god items xD)
Gave it +1

#11 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Lol wow O: ur da Sura master haha, thanks ;p

Oh and two more XD lol~ uhm. When u MvP'ing, you'll be mainly using gfist right?Cuz like, saw a vid of 150 sura, gfist'ing a Niddhogur Shadow, for 750k @_@. So I guess thats our ultimate mvp attack.

And as for STRONGEST mace in term of DMG, its the Carga Mace?._." but danggg its only 175dmg lol, is like soo low compare to the other weps like Giant Axe 350dmg.

Oh btw, will Chick Hat be SUPERRRRRR useful to monk in general?;D since double attack lvl 2 passive. Maybe our raging trifecta blow will have a double attack chance too?lmao so that be RTB x2 ;DD

You will only be using Gfist. And yes carga is the best weapon available atm. As far as DA stacking with the chick hat and RTB I'm not sure. Haven't tested double attack and RTB at the same time, but I believe it stacks.

Seems about right to the point where i got to with my sura. I plan to go al3 later lvls though (yay god items xD)
Gave it +1

With fire endow and god items, you can one shot Scaraba mobs I'm sure. As it is right now my RB does around 36k~ without them. Might need 1 lightning ride, but I doubt it.

#12 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Lol I really need to make my own endow slave one of these days, but I was thinking I'll just undershot everything cause their element is a low lvl.

#13 ninjaboogie

ninjaboogie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

carga has 2 slots, u can put the corresponding cards needed to get ur gfist stronger B) but if u have the zeny u can just buy 2 abysmal knight cards for mvping ;)

Edited by ninjaboogie, 18 July 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#14 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Wonderful guide. I would like to add by mentioning a few things though.

1: Roweens Require 377 HIT to 100% it. Even 70 dex @ lvl 86 only gives 331 HIT. That means you will be missing almost half the time. You will need a weapon slotted with at least 2 mummy cards for them. On top of that Roweens give really crappy drops. If you need to save up the 1,285,000 zeny to transend this is not an option for u.

2: Dark Priests have a skill called Dark Cross which deals almost 3,000 damage, and they use it pretty often. You need Bathory armour for this.

3: Im not too sure about Stapos though. They are small; Mace class weapons only deal 75% to them, have higher DEF and HP but even lesser EXP than Roweens. Both are lvl 95 too. I think nif_fild01 is a better option. All demons and undead there. Your divine protection and demon bane will make leveling there more effective.

4: I don't Magmarings are a good idea at least for Valkyrie. That place is overcrowded with bots. You probably get ksed by a ranger/sorc/warlock with before you can even reach one to whack.

#15 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Wonderful guide. I would like to add by mentioning a few things though.

1: Roweens Require 377 HIT to 100% it. Even 70 dex @ lvl 86 only gives 331 HIT. That means you will be missing almost half the time. You will need a weapon slotted with at least 2 mummy cards for them. On top of that Roweens give really crappy drops. If you need to save up the 1,285,000 zeny to transend this is not an option for u.

2: Dark Priests have a skill called Dark Cross which deals almost 3,000 damage, and they use it pretty often. You need Bathory armour for this.

3: Im not too sure about Stapos though. They are small; Mace class weapons only deal 75% to them, have higher DEF and HP but even lesser EXP than Roweens. Both are lvl 95 too. I think nif_fild01 is a better option. All demons and undead there. Your divine protection and demon bane will make leveling there more effective.

4: I don't Magmarings are a good idea at least for Valkyrie. That place is overcrowded with bots. You probably get ksed by a ranger/sorc/warlock with before you can even reach one to whack.

@ 1. I only listed roweens since I've seen a few people level out there. Haven't tried it myself yet =P

@ 2. I do say you need a bathory for it, I'll be sure to edit in the next update that it is required.

@ 3. With a firefist they are as easy as magmarrings you can basically do RTB>RQ>RT>RQ and they die around 9x

@ 4. Kinda the only place to go till 96, hit 96 and hit up annolians, but there are just as many bots D:

I'd also like to add if you guys have any other questions regarding skills etc. Please voice them I'm putting together a FAQ to cover skills, mechanics changes etc.

Edited by Alyst, 20 July 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#16 Ralik

Ralik

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

For Jupe leveling what equipment do you suggest?

#17 reminiscer

reminiscer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hey Alyst :waddle: I just hit Champion, can u give me some advice on which skills to put and which not to -_-
Thanks xDD

#18 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

@ 3. With a firefist they are as easy as magmarrings you can basically do RTB>RQ>RT>RQ and they die around 9x

o.0? You can combo RQ again after RT? Didn't know lol.

#19 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

For Jupe leveling what equipment do you suggest?

Penomena Carded Shield

Double Hunter fly carga

And an immune of some kinda

Hey Alyst :waddle: I just hit Champion, can u give me some advice on which skills to put and which not to -_-
Thanks xDD

Just get RTB 5 RQ 5 and RT 5 Glacial fist can help as well but I don't like the champ skills due to the SP cost. After that same as monk get snap etc gfist at higher job levels once you have snap + gfist grab Level 10 Agi/Heal

o.0? You can combo RQ again after RT? Didn't know lol.

You have to wait for another proc of RTB* sorry for the confusion

Update and faq coming later this week.

Edit 2:

Sorry for the delay, another double drop event mvping like a crazy mofo on crack. Updates inc soon I promise @.@ Probably do a clean up soon to, make the guide a bit more spiffy.

Edited by Alyst, 27 July 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#20 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Can you give us a stat build for around 150?

#21 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Can you give us a stat build for around 150?

Atm at 150 I'm running around with the following for gfist:

100 STR~
90 Vit~
110 Int~
95 Dex~
21 luk~

#22 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Atm at 150 I'm running around with the following for gfist:

100 STR~
90 Vit~
110 Int~
95 Dex~
21 luk~

Thank you :P

#23 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Great Guide :P
i have been looking for this kind of information for a while :P
now i can start leveling my monk again. ( it was leached from the day it was made up to 99 at dragons leach )

Looks like i would be leveling faster with agi build.

#24 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

I'd also like to add for pure mvp builds with access to megs this build is better:

120 STR
75-80~ Vit
100 Int
80~ Dex
1 Luk

With pure STR megs give +10% boss damage in renewal. To bad the item info hasn't been updated in game yet. But I've been told the effect is in place.

Edited by Alyst, 29 July 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#25 Hamidemian

Hamidemian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:08 AM

Best guide i've ever seen for Sura so far :P

One question, is Heal worth it? I've been usually striving for SP as a Monk at the 90-99 lvls, using heal saved me a couple of times but that's it.

I'm talking about Heal lvl 10 (7 points from Champ into heal) and also 1 INT (so the healing is really low).

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users