Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal - Page 2 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#26 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Best guide i've ever seen for Sura so far :P

One question, is Heal worth it? I've been usually striving for SP as a Monk at the 90-99 lvls, using heal saved me a couple of times but that's it.

I'm talking about Heal lvl 10 (7 points from Champ into heal) and also 1 INT (so the healing is really low).

Cheers!

It is worth it, at sura you will have a near 2k-2.3k heal depending on gear.

Also around 9x you should have about 20~25 int.

Use your champ job levels to up heal at around 6x job

Edited by Alyst, 29 July 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#27 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

does GoH have some use besides pvp/woe?

#28 Hamidemian

Hamidemian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

It is worth it, at sura you will have a near 2k-2.3k heal depending on gear.

Also around 9x you should have about 20~25 int.

Use your champ job levels to up heal at around 6x job

Great, will do! :P

EDIT: Here is an outline of my future-be champ skills

Posted Image

I maxed Flee, I guess it will help more than the Champ combos (due to the SP problem). Snap + Gfist 5.

Any good? Perhaps I can MVP once 9x with enough racial equip.

To hunt Anolians, do you use a Rafflesia card in the stone buckler? I'm thinking also a Roween card into a +7 muffler or something like that to actually be really comfortable there and farm the Carga mace.

Edited by Hamidemian, 30 July 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#29 OdenK

OdenK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

this guide is very very helpful but i really need help with my sura
right now she is lv 103
max SB
i have the equip you suggested
+7 immune nyd
+0 variant shoes
+5 double malicious carga
+4 stone buckler of dragon
+4 glittering jacket pasana card
but i don't have rideword hat
everytime i tried to SB at nogg it seem like i always died TT____TT so does my character need to get the rideword hat or is there a tips on lving with just those equip
thank you for helping >w<

Edited by OdenK, 03 August 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#30 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:49 AM

^ pots or party with high priest /ab

#31 Alyst

Alyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

this guide is very very helpful but i really need help with my sura
right now she is lv 103
max SB
i have the equip you suggested
+7 immune nyd
+0 variant shoes
+5 double malicious carga
+4 stone buckler of dragon
+4 glittering jacket pasana card
but i don't have rideword hat
everytime i tried to SB at nogg it seem like i always died TT____TT so does my character need to get the rideword hat or is there a tips on lving with just those equip
thank you for helping >w<

Yup white pots or an AB. All leveling requires potions at this point. Also you need level 3 energy gain. Its going to be expensive at first, until 11x. Honestly I may review the leveling process I did soon, some areas seem like they are more effective after having a friend level a new sura having him level in different zones to get me some idea of how much better it is.

Granted after leveling my RK alt, most other classes other then AB/Sura have an easier time leveling it seems. (Gx is probably the worst to level imo, unless you edp RC level with endows)

Incoming edit tomorrow maybe the next day just gone done moving this week so @.@

Edited by Alyst, 04 August 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#32 Liliks

Liliks

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Stat wise your stats should look something like this as a monk/champ:

STR 85~
AGI 80-85~ (Same as below you can do just fine with 70 STR until your agi and dex are high enough.)
Vit 20 (As a champ anyway)
Dex 70~ ( I suggest for dark priests this be close to 65~ before leveling there)

I've found that stats around these areas are typically best for soloing.

Hmm, could anyone specify the stats by level ? I'm new on this game so I still kinda lost x.x

#33 set6025

set6025

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

After obtaining 99 please be aware that up to I believe 30m EXP is stored at 99 Champion. Meaning when you job change to sura and kill 2-3 mobs you level instantly it helps alot, so be sure to grind a bit as a champ at 99/70.

Since the last update, I recommend against this now. Been using the guide as pointers so far to base 101 but now the games a bit different it no longer applies.

They added some new permanent kill quests from Eden that are for level 90-99 only, and they give a decent amount of JEXP as a reward to help balance trans chars who seem to hit 99 and still be lagging on JLs.

The point is this:

You want to hit 99/70 with as little stored exp as possible. Then go to Sura and still be 99 base with a lot more to go until 100. Pick up the Eden quests (I prefer Roween, Stapo, Heater, Freezer, Soldier and Siroma). Do them all at once and then do the turn in with a 3x and JEXP manual active.. you get many job levels faster which is nice to unlock the 3rd class skills faster. I was able to make it to Job 11 before I dinged base 100 and I think I was only 50% away when I first became Sura. Now I'm sitting at 101/12 and I must say the instant 11 job levels was really nice to get SB maxxed and a bit more instantly :rofl:

The Eden quests only have a 3 hour timer. I think I only had done about 2 rounds of them honestly, so it's about 2 hours worth of work and a 3 hour cool-down in between to get all of this.

#34 Kyridan

Kyridan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hi guys! I got two questions for you:

1)my monk is at level 91 now, i already bought the dragon muffler, dragon vest, dragon fly and chon chon cards. Since the dragon combo can only be used once transcended, what footgear do you suggest to use for the chon chon card at this point? I want to have the full equip before starting the crazy farm race till 99 xD

2)for now i only bought a fire fist in order to start farming stapos. are there any other places i could go? magmarings require really a lot of flee/hit >_<

#35 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hi guys! I got two questions for you:

1)my monk is at level 91 now, i already bought the dragon muffler, dragon vest, dragon fly and chon chon cards. Since the dragon combo can only be used once transcended, what footgear do you suggest to use for the chon chon card at this point? I want to have the full equip before starting the crazy farm race till 99 xD

2)for now i only bought a fire fist in order to start farming stapos. are there any other places i could go? magmarings require really a lot of flee/hit >_<

Spring shoes for even more Agi.

#36 Kyridan

Kyridan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

Nothing better then? it's just a +1 agi >_< not counting the hp recovery ofc)
i thought there could be something better :smooch:

edit: sprint shoes can be used only from 2nd transcendant classes, so it means only when i will be sura right?
if so, i really would like to have something else :)

Edited by Kyridan, 11 August 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#37 set6025

set6025

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Nothing better then? it's just a +1 agi >_< not counting the hp recovery ofc)
i thought there could be something better :)

edit: sprint shoes can be used only from 2nd transcendant classes, so it means only when i will be sura right?
if so, i really would like to have something else :(

2nd trans class = Champion :smooch:

#38 Kyridan

Kyridan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Ah ok -_- Is that the best choice then?

#39 set6025

set6025

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:00 AM

Yup white pots or an AB. All leveling requires potions at this point. Also you need level 3 energy gain.

What exactly do you need level 3 EG for? (Besides a pre-req for other skills). I don't understand what it does apparently, or why it's so helpful. I guess it helps make spehres while combat? Because I went to nogg2 solo with fresh fish and didn't use any spheres while killing with SB.. I know the skill text for SB says it consumes a sphere but it doesn't seem to work that way. Maybe you can clarify?

#40 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yup, Sky blow takes no spheres. Also, you could use EG then use power absorb and get back sp when you need it at lower levels.

Edited by kati3, 04 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#41 W2roper

W2roper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

After obtaining 99 please be aware that up to I believe 30m EXP is stored at 99 Champion. Meaning when you job change to sura and kill 2-3 mobs you level instantly it helps alot, so be sure to grind a bit as a champ at 99/70.

Hello. First I'd like to thank you for this helpful guide. Second I'd like to ask why we do the above step of leveling base at 99 for storing exp. Why not change to Sura right away from 99/70? Is it because Sura takes more exp to level than Champ thus grinding at 99/70 for base exp is actually faster?

Thirdly, my money is tight (poor lol). Therefore, which item should I get first at level 99/70? 2xMalicious Carga, Rideword Hat, or Immune Nyd for leveling post 100.
Thanks again!

-Portent

Edited by W2roper, 04 September 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#42 W2roper

W2roper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well, the exp needed past 99 has only increased a few percent and Sky Blow mob leveling is MUCH faster than RT/Q/T single targetting. Therefore it seems best to just change to Sura at 99/70.
Also, I'm now torn between getting Rideword or Immune nyd first. Any suggestions?

#43 set6025

set6025

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

Well, the exp needed past 99 has only increased a few percent and Sky Blow mob leveling is MUCH faster than RT/Q/T single targetting. Therefore it seems best to just change to Sura at 99/70.
Also, I'm now torn between getting Rideword or Immune nyd first. Any suggestions?

Get the rideword for the HP restore. Helps a lot.. mines only +7 so I don't get the bonus and it helps a lot in nogg2

#44 Tiraga

Tiraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

Hi and thanks for the nice work with the Guide.

My Sura is currently 119/28 with the following Basestats and Build:

100Str
90Agi
40Vit
40Int
70Dex
1Luk

http://irowiki.org/~...jbl4dA1hArAfUcY

At the Moment i can reach about 11m/h at the Pyra TI Map with SB and oz investment and was wondering if Nameless would be a better levelplace (dont have the Quest so far)
Also im not sure wich Stat to rise next Vit, Int or Dex

In 5 Joblevel i plan to switch my Stat and Skillbuild to the following:

100Str
1Agi
80Vit
80Int
80Dex
1Luk

http://irowiki.org/~...pqn1dAGFjQ1fUcY

Would that be a usefull Stat and Skillbuild for LR leveling?

#45 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Will the reset portion of this guide still apply after the skill re-balance or is it too early to tell? Specifically using lightning ride and rampage blaster as your primary leveling skills. I just hit 120 and was about to use my free reset but I read the skill re-balance update was coming soonish so I'm hesitating a bit to use it in case there is some dramatic change that will make another build better.

#46 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

LR seems likely to go obsolete as a leveling method just like TSS/OI did.

#47 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Val

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:43 PM

TSS/OI?

#48 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Throw Spirit Sphere/Occult Impaction.

#49 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Val

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:31 PM

I thing TC+RB better... sura - only AoE)

#50 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

The LR nerf is unbelievable...who was QQing about "LR spam" that prompted them to do this? I would've understood if goh/gfist/cc were more nerfed somehow but LR??? If it did more damage sure but it doesnt so its just useless now. The skills they went after in this balance patch seem completely chosen at random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users