Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal - Page 6 - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Monk/Sura Leveling Guide In Renewal

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#126 WafflezHD

WafflezHD

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:51 AM

How about any tips for a combo sura build? As a main leveling until around level 125, since I'm thinking of changing to a end-game build afterwards.

#127 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:10 AM

mm, the only "combo" sura build to consider is when doing manual tiger cannon combo - which you can't do efficiently at low levels;

if you just job changed from champ, the usual way is to get skyblow (if you want to be able to dabble in some soloing in addition to partying) or just depend on TI-parties and spend points on a mid-late phase leveling build (flash combo @ job 25 - though not really a combo; more like an auto-combo)

any other combo (like monk/champ combos) means single target leveling  - which is just slow (cept for soul linked thrust, but nobody does this anymore)

as for changing into an end-game build (like into WoE/PvP or MvP) - you will probably do this after maxing out (unless your end-game build is PvM/max-FC)

#128 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

I must be doing something wrong....i don't find FC to be very effective at killing large amounts of mobs at once at all. i find it kills one target just fine, but hurts the rest and leaves me with only 2 spheres, at which point i have to try to run away so I can cast zen and get 5 spheres again so I can FC again. This of course costs me a lot of health (zeny). I feel like SB was more effective because it pushed everything away from me, was insta cast, and didn't cost spheres so I never had to use zen. What am I doing wrong?

#129 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:16 PM

should post setup (stats, skill levels, gears, etc), damage, and which mobs

normally at around mid-TI level (and 90+ VIT), should have a decent enough mHP for TC damage

gear improvements should focus on HP/VIT and ATK(includes %damage modifying gears/cards)/STR

also, sounds like you don't have TC (tiger cannon learned/maxed)? if the target dies in 1 FC, the mobs should be essentially dead too as the bulk of FC damage comes from TC, which is 5x5 splash AoE (TC lvl 6+)

otherwise, at this point, if it's clear that you need 2 FCs to cleanly wipe a mob, you can just hotkey summon spirit sphere for now (uninterruptible cast so no need for phen even if mobbed);

mob up, cast FC once they are stacked, cast SSS once (to get 1 more sphere) while potting at the same time (you can do this on the last ~1 sec of the FC animation, just as skyblow occurs), recast FC once the mob stacks up on you again

once working towards maxing RD, you will pick up GT-energy gain 3 as prerequisite so you can use that and have less trouble keeping enough spheres

Edited by ka10, 03 April 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#130 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:53 PM

thanks for the quick reply. i have 95 str, 80 agi, 67 vit, 26 int, 75 dex, 2 luk. those are base stats of course

i'm 119/31 and TC is only lvl 6 so you right about it not being maxed. I will use your suggestion with TSS but right now i have energy drain level 1, do I need to get it higher than that for reliable spheres? 

also my equips arent terrible. +7 HBP variant shoes, +6 immune shield, ROFL, +7 turkey on head, +5 fire swordmace or +7vvs icefist. don't really have any zeny to upgrade anything right now.

#131 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

yeah TC-10 would significantly boost damage; since you're job 31, there's essentially 6 skill points spent somewhere that is not really being put to good use (like maxing TC)

as for energy gain, lvl 1 should be fine for the meantime; just don't go over lvl 3 for it;

should get a glorious suit for more mHP; shouldn't be too hard to get with EMBs (convert to KvM badges); could also get MoHs from those - nice TC damage boost accessories;

once you have zeny - carga maces with 20% racial cards + converter/endow would improve damage nicely (ex. 2x caramel carga, fire ele for scaraba);

forged weapons (especially fists) aren't really nice, even if elemental, just because of substandard ATK and few/no card slots;

#132 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

thanks for all that great info. the 6 points i spent elsewhere are toward getting RD, which internet research told me was the next thing i was supposed to get after SB....i will work on getting glorious next but that seems like a massive task....10 kvms for 2 EMBs and I need 840 KVMs for one piece of armor?!?! so i need like 170 EMBs???? that is kind of insane....would it cost me less money to just sell the EMBs as magical stone and buy a good piece of armor, like valk or diablos?

#133 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:41 PM

should probably spend the next 4 job levels to max TC, then you can continue working on RD;

glorious suit is way better for PvM(TC/FC) than valkyrian or diabolus (these two aren't really good for TC/FC)

for TC/FC armors, tier-wise it would be:  tao gunka carded armor > brynhild (esp at high levels) > glorious suit > pecopeco carded armor

#134 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

thanks for all your help. Just got about 600m, traded away my classic gears for chaos gears. what gears should i pick up? what will give me the most bang for my buck?

#135 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

would say a turkey on your head; either you buy a ~30m +0 and try to +9 it yourself, or buy a +9 already (100m~200m), whichever is easier for you (fundwise);

save the slot for a bungisngis card once you at least +8 it;

later on, if you could afford to +12, this would be your best general PvM(TC/FC) damage headgear - though a +12 bungingis CEB would be the best for demi-humans on any setting (PvM/WoE/PvP);

get a witch's pumpkin hat + alarm mask if you haven't yet (unless you have tons of slims to spare for leveling);

with these, no need to depend on RWH/HFcards/etc for HP upkeep, so you can focus on wearing +damage gears;

default turkey for damage (don't need to be full HP when attacking as the formula depends on maxHP) and only switch (hotkey) to WPH when healing up;

a VIT-enchant (special VIT, VIT+10) GFSS + green ferus temporal VIT boots would give a massive HP boost (especially with 120 base VIT);

the temporal VIT boots should be easy to get (could even make it yourself and slot it with OGH crystals); +6 or +9 for additional HP;

however, a slotted VIT GFSS would be out of the question (fundwise) in the meantime;

a non-slotted VIT GFSS would be cheaper (probably even affordable with your current funds), but then yeah, its non-slotted - though, up to you to decide to get this now (so you could get on with leveling) and try to resell it later to get the slotted version once you get more funds;

btw, giant whisper card would be the best for VIT GFSS [1] for optimal damage;

note you need the GFSS to be upgraded to at least +8 (to get all +4 VIT from the special-VIT enchant for a total of +14 VIT) and +9 (for the +1% attack)

if not wearing a reduc shield, andre egg card (+5%mHP) + bradium shield (+500 HP) for full offense mode;

also don't forget to get 2x acolyte MoHs (500x all bravery or all valor badges each - can't be a mix of these two) along with the glorious suit;

Edited by ka10, 05 April 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#136 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

I have a +6 resistant immune shield already. I work on those other gears you mentioned but what is a GFSS? i searched google for a half hour and couldn't find out lol.... i'm guessing its 'something something' snake skin? and does that mean this +7 HBP was a waste of zeny? =/

btw I'm Doctor Zhivago ingame, saw you enter my chat and invite me to friends but you were offline so it wouldn't let me accept.

#137 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

hodremlin shield is ok in general, though its also nice to make racial reduc shields in case you need to tank/snap-pull specific monsters (TI) or just solo vs mainly singular race maps;

and yeah, GFSS is giant faceworm snake skin, my bad;

HBP is not that bad, esp at +9, it's got nice bonuses once you get several stats at base 90;

would say HBP was one of the most widely used garment by shura (in any situation) before, but currently VIT GFSS is top tier when it comes to pure TC damage (by a huge margin too);

btw, are you talking about someone else entering your chat/etc? haven't done anything like that; (??)

#138 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Oh, it was a guy named Ka241 so i just assumed it was you lol. can i have your in game name in case i have more sura questions?

#139 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

OMG! just bought an oca and it gave me a bungisnis card!! =D

#140 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

a lvl 1 novice from ropd, would be careful of that;

ka10 = katō (not ka-ten) 

anyways, i'm more likely to check stuff here than in-game (there's not a regular/set time i log on) especially in weekdays; and grats with the card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users