Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

I think there should be a quick button to turn on/off costumes and helm. Right now you do this through settings.

Second suggestion I admit I love wearing different armour and mixing and matching my armour. It would be nice to be able to do the same for costumes. By this I mean have another window for costumes like the current one for armour. And the player drags the costume on the areas the player want to see the costume appear. For example, if he has Christmas II Costume he can drag the costume to head area and only hat of the costume will appear, then he can drag other costumes to other parts of the body. Not all costumes need to function like this but many can.

This will crate more variations in appearance and also encourage ppl to buy more costumes. Ofc if only the costume with the highest stats will apply to the characters base statistics.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

I like the idea of have costumes working like that. But maybe the costumes should come in parts from the start. That way one can buy a full costume (which would be a package with the 6 parts) or the individual pieces (and maybe divide the bonuses between the pieces).

With that, they could introduce also new colors for some of the costumes we alredy have, and new hair (wigs) styles (besides of the current ones in the costumes) and maybe masks and different kinds of hats.

#3 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

that would be awesome. Just divide the costs of the full costume, 25 IM pts each part.

#4 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

If it comes in parts it will take up too many spaces in your bags. It may also harm Gravity's profit margin ^^. It will also complicate things, I would just like to have one bag slot per costume.

It is best just to have one costume item in your bag for a single costume, that item should then be able to be placed in many different parts of the body. And maybe you can right click and select an option which will allow you to wear full costume, so you don't have to drag it to each part.

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:53 AM

It wouldnt take bag space because the person would be wearing it, and there wouldnt be a need to buy more before expire. And your idea, while is good, it would make people to buy many costumes to be able to form a new one, which would be quite expensive. And for the other side, the idea of the costume pieces wouldnt make them lose money, but i agree that wouldnt make them get more money neither.

An alternative idea would be that could work in the way Chardane said, but when a costume is purchased, it come without stats and each costume register in a list. Then each part of the costume (head, upper, lower, etc) could allow a display menu that let the player pick which costume goes in which slot. This costumes would be a permanent addition to the list and would be able to be equiped when the player wants. And then, what the player buy each month, would be a coupon to active the bonuses, this item would cost as much as the costumes cost now. To this, they could add different colors of costumes, masks, wigs, etc, that only would be able to be equiped in a single slot.

I dont know if i could explain very well... lol.

#6 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

i would love to mix costumes.

a other game had that and was really nice

+1

#7 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

It wouldnt take bag space because the person would be wearing it, and there wouldnt be a need to buy more before expire. And your idea, while is good, it would make people to buy many costumes to be able to form a new one, which would be quite expensive. And for the other side, the idea of the costume pieces wouldnt make them lose money, but i agree that wouldnt make them get more money neither.

Actually that is the problem, it would make them lose money. Imagine a costume that has a cowboy hat, I bet a lot of people will just buy the cheap(er) hat and nothing else. I mean if it there was nice tiara I might just get the just the tiara.

True my idea would be expensive but that is the attraction to gravity :love:. Also there are lots of free event costumes and and Christmas costumes. Instead of people selling them they will keep them.

An alternative idea would be that could work in the way Chardane said, but when a costume is purchased, it come without stats and each costume register in a list. Then each part of the costume (head, upper, lower, etc) could allow a display menu that let the player pick which costume goes in which slot. This costumes would be a permanent addition to the list and would be able to be equiped when the player wants. And then, what the player buy each month, would be a coupon to active the bonuses, this item would cost as much as the costumes cost now. To this, they could add different colors of costumes, masks, wigs, etc, that only would be able to be equiped in a single slot.

From what I understood you only need to purchase the costume once and it is permanent?

I would think not many people would buy bonus addition and just go for the cheap costumes. I would ^^.

Running from your idea, a middle way would be to allow people to purchase as many permanent costumes as they want and they are stored in a list. However to utilities these costumes you have to purchase the bonus item which I shall call "Wardrobe" which adds bonus stats and also allows you to wear these costumes. You would have to buy a wardrobe every 30 days if you want to get bonuses and to wear your purchased costumes. This in no way should affect free Christmas and event costumes which you can wear any time.

None-binding costumes such as Christmas should appear in the list if they are in your bag. As these items are tradable and should remain so.
The first time you purchase a permanent costume you should get a free "Wardrobe" after that you need to purchase wardrobe every 30days to see your purchased costumes.:mwahaha:

There are other issues one has to think about but... :(
This is getting more complicated, I doubt they would implement the simple idea not alone that complex one :thumb:

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

Some times the trick it isnt to make people spend more money, but to give people more options to spend money, and they will do it without the need to "force" them. If such list was created, then most people would try to collect all of the ones they like, and people still would buy the 1 month bonus, because is very good for many classes.

#9 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

To prevent "money loss"

The costume stats wouldn't be activated until you have a full costume put together.

#10 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

:smooch:

Edited by Chardane, 16 September 2011 - 06:51 AM.

#11 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Minimum, they should make the costume separated in 2 pieces: body and hair/hat. That way one can have many hair styles and hats to wear.

As a side suggestion, they could add a face change mall item that not only let the players to change the face style but also add facial tattoos (the faces could appear in a "clean" version and with the different kinds of tattoos). And also add a mall item to add body tattoos to the characters, but in this case they should add an option to turn off the upper armor, shoulders and gloves, besides of the helm.

#12 Determined

Determined

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:34 PM

I like the idea. I'm tired of seeing with the same crap I'm wearing! I don't feel like an individual, I feel like a number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users