#1 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

On another thread, it was written hunter fly cards do stack. Total chance to proc = number of cards times its base chance of 3%, and total HP absorbed = number of cards times its base absorption percentage of 15%.

That said, I've got a few questions...

1) Many cards aside from HF card say they give a chance of effect on "physical attack." HF card can proc when using physical skills. Are autocast and other effect cards able to proc on physical skills as well? e.g. Gazeti card (10% chance of cold bolt lv2 on "physical attack"), Familiar card (5% chance to blind on "physical attack")

2) For those cards that do autocast from accessories or weapons, how do wearing multiples of such cards stack, if they stack at all? e.g. Stormy Knight card (iROwiki DB "2% chance of using [Storm Gust] Lv 2 on the target when doing a physical attack")

3) I'm aware that Savage Babe's stun-on-"physical attack" effect stacks with Stunner (10% chance of stun on "melee attack"). Do other types of effects also stack somehow? e.g. Gazeti card + Rabbit Magic Hat (iROwiki DB "chance of using [Fire Bolt], [Cold Bolt] or [Lightening Bolt] at skill levels 1 to 3 on the target when doing a physical attack")

4) I know that bonuses from separate sets, if worn simultaneously, do stack. Do (partial) multiples of the same set also stack? e.g. Thorny Buckler + 2 Bison Horns, Divine Cross + 2 Spiritual Rings

5) Do damage reflection effects stack? e.g. High Orc card (iROwiki DB "Reflects 5% of the received melee damage back at the attacker") + Thorny Buckler/Bison Horn combo (iROwiki DB "Reflects 5% of the received melee damage back at the attacker")

6) Kind of unrelated, but I heard Reflect Damage procs effect-on-physical-attack effects. Is that true?
6A) If so, does it also hold true for other sources of reflective effects, such as High Orc card?
6B) If the answer to both questions is "yes," then will wearing a High Orc card with the RoR + RoFL set potentially activate any skill(s) in the rings combo since the user both takes physical damage and reflects physical damage?

7) Do item drop effects (such as Myst Case Card - headgear card, chance for killed monsters to drop Gift Box; Tengu Card - accessory card, chance for killed monsters to drop restoratives; etc) stack when wearing multiples of the card?
7A) If so, does each card grant its base % chance individually, meaning that it's possible - if extraordinarily improbable - to receive two items that the cards grant a chance to drop? Or do they simply increase the chance of receiving a single item?

Sorry for the flood of questions, but I hope to hear some interesting answers~

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

1-3):

SP/HP drain effects, and cards which directly inflict status effects DO work with skills. These effects will also stack.

"Chance to cast skill X while doing physical attacks" do NOT work with skills. You cannot have more than effect which autocasts the same skill while doing the same kind of attack. Only the most recently equipped one will take effect.

So:

If you have a rabbit magic hat, and put on a gazeti card after, you'll have the Gazeti card's cold bolt autocast and the rabbit magic hat's fire and lightning bolt autocasts.

Familiar card works with skills, but stormy knight card doesn't (thank god!).

4) You can only benefit once from any given set effect at any given time.
Ex, Tarou-carded accessory and Cramp carded headgear give set benefit. Even if you had cramp sunnies and cramp upper headgear, and 2x tarou accessoriees, you would only get the set benefit once. It's my understanding that it's implemented like "If player has X and Y equipped, give benefit Z" with no provision for counting how many of that item the player has.

5) Yes, they stack additively, and do not constitute individual hits. So 5% + 5% = 1 reflect hit for 10% of damage received, not 2 reflect hits for 5% damage each.

6) Yes, it procs both status effects and "chance of autocasting skill X when doing physical attacks".
6a) Yes.
6b) Yes. Valk mant (for classes that get reflect from it) or filer hat is preferred, so you can still get the damage reduction from shield card.

7) Yes
7a) No, they stack additively.

#3 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

Wow, kinda didn't expect all the answers in a single post. Thanks for the info!

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

Wow, kinda didn't expect all the answers in a single post. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the fun post to answer :-P

#5 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Alright, a few more questions on stacking cards and effects...

8) Regarding status effects: if a weapon is carded with at least two cards that each inflict different status effects, is it possible to inflict both on a single attack? Or does one proccing preclude the other one proccing?
8A) Does it make any difference if the status afflictions come from both the gear and the cards? E.G. a Stunner[2] carded with Marina Card + Familiar Card?

9) With regards to stacking autocast effects: when wearing multiple cards or gears that activate different spells on ctrl+click attacks, is it possible for more than one spell to proc and actually be cast with each attack? E.G. Elemental Sword[3] carded with a Bloody Knight Card - can Meteor Storm and the multiple bolts all be cast on a single attack?
9A) I'm not sure if Hindsight autocasts spells uses a different method than other autocast effects do (at the very least, HS gets its own attack animation which takes priority over the normal melee attack animations *shrug*), but does HS going off preclude other autocast effects going off? E.G. HS Cold Bolt while wearing a Kasa Card? Or for other types of spells, HS Bolts + Ledger of Death's Hell's Judgement? Or for other types of effects entirely, HS Bolts + Hunter Fly Card, Rideword Hat, Savage Babe Card, etc, etc?
9B) If the most recent applied autocast effect is the one that takes priority, would putting on a Gazeti Card and then casting HS Cold Bolt only yield the HS Cold Bolts?

10) About item drop effects: When wearing two different cards with chances to drop different items, is it possible to get both items from a single kill? E.G. Myst Case Card + Mimic Card possibly resulting in a monster dropping both Gift Box and OBB?
10A) I read that first equipping two items granting chances to activate the same skill and then removing one of those items will result in full negation of the possibility of proccing that skill. I'm not 100% sure if there's much overlap when it comes to card and gear effects granting item drop chances (only one I can think of that might be possible is Ice Cream - I think one gear drops that and I believe one of the restoratives/food-dropping cards also yields it from time to time), but does this idea hold also for item drops? o.o
10B) Related to 9B: Would casting HS Cold Bolt and then removing a Gazeti Carded accessory result in an inability to auto cast at least level 2 Cold Bolt until the player either re-equips the gear or re-casts HS Colt Bolt?

Edited by Anchors, 24 July 2011 - 12:51 PM.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

8) Yes.
8A) No, doesn't matter.

9) Yes.
9A) Hindsight is different. Among other things, I don't think it procs on reflect hits - not sure though. Don't know how it interacts with other autocasts.
9B) Pretty sure not - hindsight is handled differently from autocast attacks.
10B) Almost certainly not, since hindsight acts differently in a number of ways from autocast effects.

10) Yes.
10A) Equipping a second skill autocast item that casts the same skill will override the first, and taking it off will cancel the effect. Item drop effects do not work in the same way - they stack. If you have 2 Grove clips on, you'll have a 1% chance to get the food, instead of a 0.5% chance.

#7 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

Thanks again for all the info. xD I guess HS will need some testing once I get my hands on some more cards and gear...

#8 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Something I keep forgetting to ask about recently...

Back to question #1: I hadn't had much reason to use my Brionac until the Kunlun turn ins last week. I noticed that, on occasion, Soul Strike autocast would occasionally proc with Provoke. I don't recall seeing it with any other skill. Is there something special about provoke that procs skill autocasts on usage? Do other effects proc with it? Are there other skills that will proc other autocast skills?

#9 Axiluvia

Axiluvia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

I play a hindsight sage and have the vanilmirth hat, and have tried the kettle hat. As far as I can tell, hindsight takes priority, but since I have a high ASPD, sometimes it does look like my vani hat and hindsight go off at the same time.

Dunno if this helps, I haven't payed too much attention to it. If you're on Ygg, you can message me to test stuff with hindsight, I have a ledger of death as well (but not much of the other gear you mentioned)

#10 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm on Valk and on occasion Ymir, though... No gear whatsoever on Ygg D:

When I first started meleeing on my own HS sage, I used a magic rabbit hat. I never saw both HS and the magic rabbit hat spells go off at the same time, but I already knew at that time that the hat's proc rate is exceedingly low, so I'm just not sure how much of that was luck. Also was never sure if HS and Hell's Judgement went off on the same attack; I don't think I saw the HS proc animation also yield a Hell's Judgement, at least, and, like you, the aspd (not to mention the rain of bolts) made it hard to tell exactly what was proccing when.

Unfortunately, I can no longer test the hindsight stuff because I've gone bolter route after transcending. x.x But to everyone who has experience with any situations outlined in these questions, please do post, because a definite answer will be of great help~

#11 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

Yet another question:

Eraser grants a 1/200 chance to drain SP from targets in an area of effect when performing a magical attack.
- Will autocast spells proc this ability?
- Will HS spells proc this ability?

#12 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Spiritual sphere absorption also "provokes" monsters and autocast skills proc with that too. Noticed this while leveling at GH and my champion cast gloria domini out of the blue [rofl+ror].

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

Weird... I wonder if it's just specific skills that trigger autocasts, and, if so, which skills? Provoke and SSA apparently. Anyone else get this kind of thing when using random skills?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users