#1 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

Its nice and all that Melee and Missile get that sweet -750 defence down, so I must ask myself, where are the -50% magic Resist down? At least be fair about it.... Seeing that its piss poor easy to get 80% resistance.....

Edited by Crftwise, 22 August 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Chakuza

Chakuza

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1564 posts
  • Locationin your nightmares...

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

+1 would be good for foc stupid twinks ^^

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

50% probably would be too much, but it could be nice to have something.

#4 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

2 shotting people isn't enough, you want to 1 shot them? :0

#5 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

If they were fair about it, casters wouldn't get to jump around hucking nukes so readily from SR or LR, while melees are given skills that miss, causing them to chase after casters taking bolts to the face the whole time.

#6 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

Yes

#7 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:41 AM

Well noobs only... Anyone who know whats up will have max Resistance. -750 down is alot. Thats EZ 50% of most players DEF if not more, save Tanks/commanders.

#8 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

-5%
-10%
-15% (Eximius)
-20% (Rare)
-25% (Carus)

#9 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

-5%
-10%
-15% (Eximius)
-20% (Rare)
-25% (Carus)

Maybe vs ALL magic Resistance, but vs one type that should be double. I.e. Fire/Water....

#10 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

If they were fair about it, casters wouldn't get to jump around hucking nukes so readily from SR or LR, while melees are given skills that miss, causing them to chase after casters taking bolts to the face the whole time.

Sure, because rangers miss so often...

-5%
-10%
-15% (Eximius)
-20% (Rare)
-25% (Carus)

That would be fair.

Maybe vs ALL magic Resistance, but vs one type that should be double. I.e. Fire/Water....

Not really, except for battlemages, for the rest, a x% down in one resistance would be the same as a x% down in all.

#11 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yes I was talking about all resist. And I don't think their should be -50% fire resist... and such.

Why stack resists at all then?

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

And if they make resistances down of each one, then they should be of the same tipe (code) that way they cancel with the others. Wouldnt be fair to have more than one debuff to more than one resistances at the same time.

#13 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

And if they make resistances down of each one, then they should be of the same tipe (code) that way they cancel with the others. Wouldnt be fair to have more than one debuff to more than one resistances at the same time.

Well, the different - Defence downs stack. The long duration one and the lesser one.

Also, I guess you could have more then 80% resistance to lessen a Magic Resistance Down, seeing how EZ it is to get Max Resistance.

Edited by Crftwise, 22 August 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#14 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

Well, the different - Defence downs stack. The long duration one and the lesser one.

There's people who use the long duration ones? oO''

#15 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

There's people who use the long duration ones? oO''

Yeah well, Long And Short ones do stack... heh

#16 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:04 AM

In any case, with the op additional skill crit that ignore all resistances and some cash 60% skill crit mages around, i dont know if this would be a good idea. If they made the additional crit (and skill crit) dmg affected by resistances/ defense, then it would be fine to have this kind of resistances down enchants. That way there could be builds based in deal high base dmg and others in deal tons of crits. But as it is now, it would be too oped.

#17 Amidare

Amidare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

well - 750 lr def down is for me - 100% defense for long range dmg. thats hurt. and f_ucking protection totem is for short def. most buff skills r dedicated for short def.

and yea. one more thing. why some skills (dmg + debuff) dont deal dmg (dmg only) on bosses/players with debuff immunity. in this case, if i have 4 skills and 2 with debuffs im weaker by half. it hurts too.

#18 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

In any case, with the op additional skill crit that ignore all resistances and some cash 60% skill crit mages around, i dont know if this would be a good idea. If they made the additional crit (and skill crit) dmg affected by resistances/ defense, then it would be fine to have this kind of resistances down enchants. That way there could be builds based in deal high base dmg and others in deal tons of crits. But as it is now, it would be too oped.

You mean like Rangers with 80% crit rate? Come on, even my-_- 69 Ranger has a 70% crit rate. Besides, seeing how hard it is to get a -750 down, I dont think you have to worry about every tom-_- and harry running around with a -50% MR Down. -30% yeah, but not the upper two.

#19 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:31 AM

You mean like Rangers with 80% crit rate? Come on, even my-_- 69 Ranger has a 70% crit rate. Besides, seeing how hard it is to get a -750 down, I dont think you have to worry about every tom-_- and harry running around with a -50% MR Down. -30% yeah, but not the upper two.

lol. they bleeped-_- from tom,-_-, and harry. sweet. well, casters already have advantages that the melee classes don't is what I'm saying. and while you could say that 1 target vs 8 targets up against an argument about dps increases from available enchants is apples and oranges, I think it's ok. I mean, if you'd like to talk about the particular OPdness of rangers, that's it's own thread imo. They got the ability to attack from longer LR than casters, ability to escape, SR stun trap and a dmg trap to secure their location... or any location... and can use defense down -750s hitting some people for like 3.5k if it procs, yea. that sucks.
but they can't attack 8ppl at same time, doing almost their entire best dps to all of them at the same time.

#20 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

I really like the the idea of Loyalty1

-5%
-10%
-15% (Eximius)
-20% (Rare)
-25% (Carus)

And that could be all resistance and in fact it could be
really interesting with that one

#21 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

lol. they bleeped-_- from tom,-_-, and harry. sweet. well, casters already have advantages that the melee classes don't is what I'm saying. and while you could say that 1 target vs 8 targets up against an argument about dps increases from available enchants is apples and oranges, I think it's ok. I mean, if you'd like to talk about the particular OPdness of rangers, that's it's own thread imo. They got the ability to attack from longer LR than casters, ability to escape, SR stun trap and a dmg trap to secure their location... or any location... and can use defense down -750s hitting some people for like 3.5k if it procs, yea. that sucks.
but they can't attack 8ppl at same time, doing almost their entire best dps to all of them at the same time.

Well A Magic Resist Down would only be vs 1 target. Still doesent seem fair to me when a guy hits me for 2-3k a pop and I hit him for 2xx. Their mistake was making the TB Resists soooo EZ to get.

#22 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

Yes, but that is one class, and they have the disadventage of slow lvling. If they add the resistances down without modify the additional skill crit, we will have all the mages being like rangers that can move at the same time as they shoot but also most of them are easy to lvl up.

I would love to have the resistances down, but not with so big numbers, and they should fix other things to make it balanced.

Edited by Nadesh, 22 August 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#23 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

I really like the the idea of Loyalty1

-5%
-10%
-15% (Eximius)
-20% (Rare)
-25% (Carus)

And that could be all resistance and in fact it could be
really interesting with that one

Yea

Yes, but that is one class, and they have the disadventage of slow lvling. If they add the resistances down without modify the additional skill crit, we will have all the mages being like rangers that can move at the same time as they shoot but also most of them are easy to lvl up.

I would love to have the resistances down, but not with so big numbers, and they should fix other things to make it balanced.

I also agree with this

Not all casters get to run around with a 3 second cd heal aswell.. A huge loss in resis possibly means 2-3 hit for soul hunter uppers.

#24 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

5%~25% down would be fine if they also implement the 5%~25% resistances up.

#25 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

could always use a carus 125 int down. on melees with maybe 400 base INT it'd be -10% or more to their resists. on casters with 1k-ish INT it'd only be maybe -4 or 5% to their resists. But there are better options for casters that do affect all 8 or so targets, namely the skill critical percentage up enchants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users