How fast will rangers lvl after fire trap is nerfed? - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How fast will rangers lvl after fire trap is nerfed?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Any idea how fast they will level once fire trap gets nerfed? Will being a bow ranger be better then a trap ranger when it comes to mvp/woe?

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

You won't be using Fire Trap to WoE. Also, the "nerf" only really cuts off Nogg Road as a levelling spot, in my opinion. Did they add some unknown cooldown to it or something?

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

What exactly is being changed by the nerf?

#4 chris2

chris2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

The fire trap is becoming a fire elemental attack I think. I also read something that you wouldn't be able to recover hp from traps with a quad hfc mg.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

The fire trap is becoming a fire elemental attack I think. I also read something that you wouldn't be able to recover hp from traps with a quad hfc mg.

You'd definitely be able to deal more damage to the monsters in Scaraba Hole though. That alone will speed up a Ranger's leveling speed if they use Fire Traps. Where did you hear about the thing about hunterfly cards not working with Fire Traps anymore?

#6 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

You'll acutally be leveling via Camo/Arrow Storm now. Since Camo gets its bonus fixed and is infinte as long as you have SP, you'll constantly stay with the +300 ATK bonus. Clogon did testing and at lvl 103 with Arrow Storm 1, he was pulling 10-12k damage. This was without the White Wing set I believe. So factor in Arrow Storm 10, White Wing set which boosts Arrow Storm's power by 100%, and 33% base Ranged Damage, and Elven Bow/Arrow which 50% more Ranged Damage and you'll be leveling like a beast now.

So I think the new way will be mob while not in Camo, Turn on Camo to stop enemies from attacking, then Arrow Storm after 10 seconds so you have the full ATK bonus.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

You'd definitely be able to deal more damage to the monsters in Scaraba Hole though. That alone will speed up a Ranger's leveling speed if they use Fire Traps. Where did you hear about the thing about hunterfly cards not working with Fire Traps anymore?

This pretty much. The Fire trap will remain physical damage, so HF card will still work with it. Also, Biolabs grinding will become viable if they change Fire Trap's element because you can now hurt Kathryne Keyrons and Laurell Winders. :P

#8 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

You'll acutally be leveling via Camo/Arrow Storm now. Since Camo gets its bonus fixed and is infinte as long as you have SP, you'll constantly stay with the +300 ATK bonus. Clogon did testing and at lvl 103 with Arrow Storm 1, he was pulling 10-12k damage. This was without the White Wing set I believe. So factor in Arrow Storm 10, White Wing set which boosts Arrow Storm's power by 100%, and 33% base Ranged Damage, and Elven Bow/Arrow which 50% more Ranged Damage and you'll be leveling like a beast now.

So I think the new way will be mob while not in Camo, Turn on Camo to stop enemies from attacking, then Arrow Storm after 10 seconds so you have the full ATK bonus.

Might be a bit iffy if someone walks up on your mob while you are charging Camo's buff though.

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:31 AM

People should check this thread more often if they want to know about future ranger stuff... I just posted the new Trap formulas and comparisons a week ago.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=66555

Cluster bomb:
New:

FLOOR[(3 + b.lvl/50)*(int + dex/5*s.lvl)*Trap research level] + (2+s.lvl)*Atk

Old:
Floor[(3+b.lvl/50)*(100+dex)*s.lvl] + 5*int + Trap Research bonus + (2+s.lvl)*Atk

At 100 int, the new CB formula loses out on 700 damage compared to old. You need at least 128 int before they equalize and new CB does more damage.

Fire and Ice trap:

New:
FLOOR[{(3 + b.lvl/50)*(int + dex/5*s.lvl)/2 + 40}*Trap research lvl] + Atk

Old:

Floor[(3 + b.lvl/50)*(100+dex)*s.lvl] + 5*int + Trap Research bonus + Atk

At 100 int, the new Fire/Ice trap formula loses out on 3500 damage compared to old. You need at least 112 int before they equalize and the new formula does more damage on Fire/Earth 3/4 monsters.

The nerfs aren't that bad except for early game as you need to lvl up and get at least 100 int to do similar damage than we do now. Also in the case of firing we will require Maze Trap to level well with it. It's only 1 trap + 200z more per mob so it's not so bad and ~0.5s for the Maze Trap to activate.

Chaser's are totally screwed though. =/

Edit:
totally forgot that its maintenance will need to continue testing some other time.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

You can use a 1 Agi Trap Ranger build so you can dump more points on INT. Agi is almost useless to a Trap Ranger because your Flee (not Perfect dodge) becomes 0 when you're being attacked by 10+ monsters.

Also, Claymore is so much better than Cluster for slow moving MvPs like Hatii or Orc Hero. I never learned Cluster beyond 3 (prereq) just because you can't place it under your legs and you are limited to 3 at a time.

Finally, if you want flee, Perfect Dodge equipment setup ftw. +9-10 Valk Mant and Hodremlin shield and around 70-80 luck or so and you should be set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users