Installing Requiem on Windows 7 or Vista - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Installing Requiem on Windows 7 or Vista

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 pampelthemuse

pampelthemuse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN. USA

Posted 22 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

Ok. I have noticed that there were a lot of people having issues downloading and installing Requiem, including me. I have finally got it working fine and I thought it would be good to post how, exactly, I did it.
In case any of the developers read these forums and actually care about improving their product I am including some system info at the bottom of the post.

First off, I used these files to install:
Install file #1

Install file #2
Install file #3

Loyalty 1 and Sakana also have links to files in their signatures if you look at the "about me" tab, however these are not the files that I used successfully. They may be the same, I did not check the MD5, so you can try those if my links get broken. You can also use the install file located on the official Requiem page.. I tested it just to see if it works this morning, and it installs and updates.. however it is VERY slow to download. It took almost 9 hours to download for me (I did it while I slept)... other people have said they have problems with that installer, but it worked for me.

After downloading all 3 of the installation files, extract them. (Just right-click on one of the files and choose "extract here", it will be safe to delete it after you are done installing.)
If, for some reason you are having problems with extracting files, then go get a program called "WinRar". It is supposedly not free, but the trial version functions indefinately, and just gives you a little pop-up when you start the program so you can still use it.
You can find WinRar here. (For most people, the top download link is the one you want.)

Important:
If you have tried installing Requiem before and are now re-installing it, be sure to uninstall it first AND then go to the folder where it was installed to begin with (Usually "C:\Program Files\Gravity" or if you run 64bit Windows "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity") and you need to delete the "Requiem" folder there. When i tried re-installing this I had to delete these files that the uninstall process leaves behind or I would get errors when I tried to patch!

Now, since there are often all kinds of problems with User Account Control in windows 7 and vista while installing things, I turned UAC off temporarily.
To do this, click on your start menu at the bottom left of your screen, and type "uac" in the little search box, then hit "enter" or click on the "Change User Account Control settings" that appears in the menu.
Posted Image Posted Image

Now a new window will open, and just move the slider all the way to the bottom and hit click "ok". (Use these same steps to turn it back on after the install, for security reasons.)

Posted Image

Now, right click on the file that you have extracted and choose "run as administrator"

Posted Image

Now, it will do it's thing, asking you if you want to extract and install, then if you accept the EULA and where you want to install it, and so on. Obviously just click "Yes" to everything.
I highly recommend going with default install folder; that's what I did.

After it installs I went to the folder it installed to and found the file "UPDATERUSA". It may also show up as "UPDATERUSA.exe" depending on your OS settings.
I right-click this and choose "Properties" then go to the "Compatability" tab that opens up and click "Run as administrator".
Posted Image
Then click "OK".
This is when I turned UAC back on, but you may also wait until update is finished if you want.
Once UAC is turned back on, you will get that annoying little pop-up from windows that asks if you want to allow a program or not when you run Requiem. This is good for security, so I advise to just deal with it, but of course you do have the option of leaving it off if you prefer the less-secure, less-annoying XP style experience.

Making sure Requiem is not blocked by firewall:
Go back to the search field in your start menu like you did before, but this time type "windows firewall" and click on the "Allow a program through windows firewall"
Posted Image

Now a new window will open an you should check to see if Requiem is there. If it is not (it likely isn't) then click on "allow another program..."

Posted Image
In the new window that opens, scroll down to find "Requiem". If you do not see it, then click on "browse" and go to the place you installed it to. (I mentioned to default folder if you look earlier in this post).

Posted Image

Click "add" then the window will close. Now click "OK" at the bottom of the large window.
You should be all set now. Go ahead and start up Requiem from the link in your start menu or the one on your desktop if it installed it there.

A few tips:
If you have played Requiem before, then you are aware the game is kind of finicky and clunky in some ways. If you are running Xfire or Raptr (if you don't know what they are, click my signature to find out) be sure to disable in-game support in the options for those programs. Requiem really really hates having an overlay, and it will drastically reduce your framerates if you use any kind of overlay with it. (Xfire, Raptr, Ventrilo, and Fraps all have overlay capabilities.. so while using these programs is fine, be sure to disable their overlay support while running Requiem)

After doing this my program updated just fine, and it ran well except for the known bug where you get the horribad framerates when in combat. For info concerning that bug, look here.

You can ignore the following part unless you work for Gravity or are a very hardcore and very nozy techie.
Now, in case any of the developers actually read the forums and are trying to fix the horrible experience that is downloading and installing Requiem, I'm including some basic system info on my machine. This way there is at least a little bit of data on circumstances under which the install process works fine.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/22/2010, 18:05:37

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/26/08 14:58:23 Ver: 11.01
Processor: AMD Phenomâ?¢ 9500 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4608MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4608MB RAM
Page File: 2183MB used, 7028MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0614&SUBSYS_0719196E&REV_A2
Display Memory: 3053 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
Shared Memory: 2047 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor
Monitor Model: HP w2207
Monitor Id: HWP26A9
Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5932 (English)
Driver Version: 8.17.12.5932
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/5/2010 18:27:00, 12471912 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4554-11CF-F26D-15271CC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0614
SubSys ID: 0x0719196E
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Driver Strong Name: oem20.inf:NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section003:8.17.12.5932:pci\ven_10de&dev_0614
Rank Of Driver: 80E62001

#2 Mynxi

Mynxi

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:21 PM

Thanks a bunch for posting this, i'm giving it a shot now.
I tried to download this game yesterday and during the installation process it kept shutting down and saying the files were corrupt. Tried to re-download and install again and the same thing happened. Hoping this works for me, the game looks too cool to just pass up lol.

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Great guide :(

#4 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Its actually amusing since I'm using Win7, and all I did was install the thing without any adminthings and it works just fine. o-O

Wonders of cursed software/hardware issues.

#5 FourtySix

FourtySix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

This really solved my installation problems, TYVM!!

#6 Kareo

Kareo

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

i downloaded it, extraced it, press yes, now i get the requiem memento mori screen. After the screen i get for less than 1 second a new windown but it closes after 1second and nothing happens...

sorry for bad english

â?¬dit: woot i got it working....
1. i extracted the exe with winrar so i had data1.cab blabla in a folder
2. i openend the setup.ini and changed SmallProgress=N to SmallProgress=Y and SplashTime=5 to SplashTime=0
After these 2 steps my Requiem got immediatly installed

Edited by Kareo, 15 October 2010 - 02:06 AM.

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:05 AM

Wich windows you use?

#8 DreamKeeperJeri

DreamKeeperJeri

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Hey! I've been hibernating for a while. When I came back to play, I had Windows 7 insted of XP and Requiem hates 7 so so much. I had no trouble reinstalling and such as said here. My issue was with my cursor!

When I start up the game, everything goes smoothly, but the cursor is stuck in place. Any ideas?

#9 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hey! I've been hibernating for a while. When I came back to play, I had Windows 7 insted of XP and Requiem hates 7 so so much. I had no trouble reinstalling and such as said here. My issue was with my cursor!

When I start up the game, everything goes smoothly, but the cursor is stuck in place. Any ideas?

check the old forum's tech support perhaps. http://forums.playre...rt=&custom-end= that's a search on all threads in the last year on the term mouse in the subject line. you might check back further.

found this there http://forums.playre...=search#M294783 it suggests that if you play Counterstrike2, you might still have their antihack program running which apparently interferes with the mouse in this game at least.

could be if you've got it installed in windows 7, but with a mouse with XP drivers, you've gotta run game in XP compatibility mode? dunno. gl.

#10 purupuro

purupuro

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

hi, i've already done everything follow your tips and game work, and i play etc. There is only one problem: when i'm playing theres no that little map on the bottom right corner (that in circle) - there is only a grey background and yellow poit with arrow. Also theres no that blue circle with arrow (which shows in which way i have to go to do my quest). I know they aren't so big problems, but that two things are very helpful while playing. So... if you know what i should do to eliminate that problems, would be great. Please, help me:P

#11 Bragh

Bragh

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

Hi there, I was hoping to use your links to download Requiem on to my comp since I'm running windows 7. Right now Mega upload is saying that the download is temporarily unavailable (For link #1). Links #2 & 3 both seem to be working, but not the first. Do you happen to know why this is? I'd assume it's something to do with Megaupload itself, but I figured I'd just ask. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

#12 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

hi, i've already done everything follow your tips and game work, and i play etc. There is only one problem: when i'm playing theres no that little map on the bottom right corner (that in circle) - there is only a grey background and yellow poit with arrow. Also theres no that blue circle with arrow (which shows in which way i have to go to do my quest). I know they aren't so big problems, but that two things are very helpful while playing. So... if you know what i should do to eliminate that problems, would be great. Please, help me:P

Here is a link, it may help you: http://forums.warppo...h__1#entry45470

I remember that was related to windows 7

#13 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hi there, I was hoping to use your links to download Requiem on to my comp since I'm running windows 7. Right now Mega upload is saying that the download is temporarily unavailable (For link #1). Links #2 & 3 both seem to be working, but not the first. Do you happen to know why this is? I'd assume it's something to do with Megaupload itself, but I figured I'd just ask. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Check here, maybe this alternative download can help you: http://forums.warppo...setup-download/

#14 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hi i have a problem downloading first part of the game.I download 2 and 3 part realy realy fast but the first part i download from megaupload with 5 kb/s only and almost every time its stoping by it self.How is this hapen?

Can someone give me other link to that file so i can download it with normal speed?

#15 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

Hi i have a problem downloading first part of the game.I download 2 and 3 part realy realy fast but the first part i download from megaupload with 5 kb/s only and almost every time its stoping by it self.How is this hapen?

Can someone give me other link to that file so i can download it with normal speed?

From which links were you trying to download? the ones of my signature or others? Bcs other links may have outdated versions of the game.

The most updated ones are:

Official Site: Requiem Downloader
Megaupload: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Or the previous version of the client (older version):

Full Download and by Cabs: Download
Megaupload: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
BitTorrent:Download

Edited by Nadesh, 19 December 2011 - 04:43 AM.

#16 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

As i was said,i`ve been tryed to install the game from your links Nadehs.I`m talking about that links that are gives from the gyu the wrote this thread.I just tryed to play on the russian server.So simple install and it works and 0 lag.But its on russian !!! i dont understand anything.
Please help me to fix the game i wanna play the english version :)

Edited by Mellany, 19 December 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#17 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

That version is old (even older than the old ones i post above) but i dont have any trouble to download the part 1. Did you try all the options i linked?

Which browser are you using? The recomended is IE 7 or higher.

If still have problems maybe try to sumbit a ticket (we can keep trying alternatives but the ticket would be a good side option to get ideas): https://support.warpportal.com/
And maybe sent a personal message to Sakana, and ask him if he have ideas of how to solve this and maybe to upload the game with Mediafire or something like that.

#18 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Nadesh i finaly found the problem !!! Now i need your help mate.I found out that only way to play requiem is with another program using at the same time.The program name is "Hotspot Shield".I don`t know how this program work but i can play with her.But there is a huge problem now.The program make my internet lag like hell!.I playing requiem with HUGE lag.Its almost imposible to play.6 months ago when i was playing requiem i didnt need this program.What hapen?Whats the difrent now?Why i need this program so i can play?Can you find a solution that i can play the game without this program becouse i can`t play from the huge lag?
Looking forward for your answers.! :)

#19 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

From where are you? For what i saw, that software hide your ip, maybe you are from a zone with ip block, bcs your zone could be covered by another version of the game. If that is the case but you had an account here before, you should sumbit a ticket to unlock your ip, or contact Sakana and see what he can do.

#20 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Well im from europe yes.But i have account and didnt have any problems with that.Russian server is nearest server for my location.Im from bulgaria.But the menu and quests there are on russian and i can`t handle it.Well i know like 30 players from Bulgaria playing the game and no one have that problem so i dont think my ip is blocked or something.But i`ve been changed my internet connection like 3 months ago.Maybe my new connection is the problem or maybe not? why it shoud be..
The program change my ports also or just ip ? Maybe i have some port closed that can`t give a connection to the serveR?

Edited by Mellany, 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#21 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

Looks like its a network issues. I am betting its settings on your PC, or maybe an anti-virus. What Hotspot shield does is hide your network activities. So it may be bypassing your anti-virus or firewalls through this method. Chances are you will not be blocked because of regional IP even if you are Russian or Korean.

#22 Mellany

Mellany

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

I uninstalled my antivirus and still not working...any ideas?? :P

#23 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

Check your ports: https://support.warp...to-connect.aspx

If doesnt work, then make a tracert: https://support.warp...SearchID=127789 If the problem is in some place between your pc and their severs then you will need to contact your internet provider.

#24 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:23 AM

i just downloaded the files and start in the ordner. i havent install this game. it works really good for me

#25 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

nice guide :P

no problems for me with Win7 tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users