6 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

Based on this thread: http://forums.warppo...forgotten-mail/ i want to suggest to be able to add a friend game account in our wp account.

How this would work? Well, a player can add game account as friend, only knowing the user name. The player would be able to buy points and premium for this account but wont be able to see any of the account info or modify anything.

Why do this? Well, 1st because lots of people i know, lost the e-mail address used to register the game, and as a friend said: "they never asked for it before, that is why it got forgotten and lost": with this option, they could create a wp account and at least buy points for their game account (wich cant be added because they dont know the e-mail address). And 2nd, because lots of people are starting to try to buy premium from other players, and without this option, there could be lots of stolen accounts.

In the end, this days i was helping a friend to change his e-mail address, but from the list of options that gravity gave him, all needed to know the old e-mail address to change for a new one. Now, i dont question this, because i understand that is for security, and people wouldnt feel safe if they dont do this. That is why i come with this suggestion, that could be a faster solutions for lots of players, that like my friend, dont know much english and pass all that to get the e-mail changed could be, in many cases, imposible.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

As i said in the other thread, the 2nd option would be to add a mall item that give premium to the players: this way, a player that cant add their game account to the wp account, can create a new one and send the premium subscription item as a gift.

I think that this idea is going around for long time and it would be one way to solve this problem.

#3 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:34 AM

I agree. Also should be able to put your CS points ina trade window... Would solve so many problems.

Only problem I can see with gifting Premium, is that you have to have a Warpportal account... Or it prob wouldnt work.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

Maybe if they give some code with the wp subscription, and the player need to put it to active that mall item, or something like that.

The true is that like my friend said "they never asked for the mail before" and people put a mail to register to the game and didnt bother to remember it: and i know that some mail companies delete your mail address if you dont use it for x amount of time, wich is a problem since the game have some time online alredy.

#5 MorrigaN

MorrigaN

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hi!

i have a question... what's the email to send my problem about "forgotten mail of my account" (sounds like a quest)

please help me :p_err:

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Read this thread: http://forums.warppo...forgotten-help/ and sumbit a ticket to the support center: https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

#7 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

This could work too to reduce the scams.

For the mall scammers, they can implement in the Mall the Sealled items they alredy have: they only need to add more time to them and create new sealled items.

For the subscription scammers, the only thing gravity can do to prevent it is create a system in wich someone can "gift" wp points by adding the other player warpportal account: to prevent any steal of data, they should only need to add the nick used in the forum, that way they dont need to have any important info. It would be a gift system but with wp points in the forum instead of in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users