• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

I was going to put a majoruros card into it but then I checked ragial and found no one using that card really. So what card would be appropriate (no MVP or insanely expensive cards) for it as a wizard? I was looking for ways to save my life but will also be interested in other forms of help. Also if suggesting other status ones could you tell me why its better than stun?

#2 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

Status wise I'd suggest Pest Card. Stone Curse status increased if INT is 77+

But I really want an Agav Card 10% Matk :mellow:

I also want a Flame Naught Manteau with Aliot Card for INT boost.

#3 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

You can always Replace The Majorous card with a Rybio Card.

* Adds a 3% chance of inflicting [Stun] on the attacker when physically attacked.
* If the user's base Dex is 77 or higher, chance is increased to 6%.

I'm pretty sure your wiz's base Dex is more than 77. Its the same as a Majorous card that way. Costs less than 200K o.0

#4 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

What does stone curse do exactly? Does it stop monsters from attacking for a while like stun or freeze? Also my warlock was only going to have about 60 dex because I read thats about how much they need now in renewal so rybio wont work for me.

Here are some cards I think might work well.

Loli Ruri: lvl 3 heal
Majoruros: cast stun
Pest: Stone Curse
Sasquatch: Freeze
Demon Fungus: Sleep

But I've been thinking that as a warlock I might not need these status afflictors because I'll have jackfrost/frost misty to freeze everything around me? So does anyone know any better options or opinions?

Edited by tascomoo, 02 August 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#5 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Stone curse does stop a monster from attacking, and also makes them Earth level 1 type for the duration of the status effect.

Dex doesn't do as much to reduce cast time as it used to before renewal, but don't let that scare you away from high dex if you want a faster caster. But it's up to preference, really.

FM doesn't give frozen status 100% of the time (80% at level 5), and JF doesn't give freeze status all the time either. Especially if your cast time is long and you're drawing aggro with screenwide AoEs, you will end up having to tank some hits. If FM/JF is going to be your main killing spellset, I'd go with sleep or stone curse, as I think those two last the longest. Stun never seems to exceed a couple seconds, freeze makes your targets water level 1 type, and Heal has a short (well, very short, but if it's proccing over and over...) after-cast global cooldown associated with it, and, by the time you're job3, I'm not sure how much level 3 Heal is going to help against a mob large enough to proc it often.

#6 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

Ok, I think I'll be going with a pest card then! As for my skills stats I havn't decided that yet, anyone have a great PvM build with stats and skills?

#7 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Where did u read about warlocks not needing too much DEX? My opinion of too much DEX is adding beyond base 100, where the stat points start to get ugly. No doubt INT also factors into cast time reduction, but its only half as effective as DEX... The formula for Final Cast time is:

(1 - SQRT((DEX * 2 + INT) / 530)) * (1 - sum_castReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.8 + (1 - max_fixedReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.2

Warlock's Radius gives a max_fixedReduction of 20%
(1 - sum_castReduction/100%) refers to Variable Cast time modifiers like Suffragium and Poem of Bragi etc etc. This can be omittted.

With that the equation reduces to:

(1 - SQRT((DEX * 2 + INT) / 530))* baseCast * 0.8 + 0.8* baseCast * 0.2

For a lvl 10 Storm gust that has baseCast of 12 seconds, We consider 3 senarios:

100 INT 60 DEX: 5.33s
100 INT 100 DEX: 4.30s
100 INT 120 DEX: 3.83s

If u have an Orleans Gown, Variable Cast time +15%:

100 INT 60 DEX: 5.85s
100 INT 100 DEX: 4.65s
100 INT 120 DEX: 4.12s

As you can see from the Above table, indeed you are right to a certain extent that not too much DEX is needed. The difference between 120 DEX and 100 DEX is not that much of a difference. However the Difference between 100 DEX and 60 DEX is quite significant. On top of Reducing Cast time, DEX also adds a slight amount of MATK (5 DEX for 1 MATK).

At lvl 150, Even if u want to add 120 base INT, you still have enough for 100 base DEX, 100 total VIT and 63 Total LUK. So i don't see why you won't add DEX till 100. If u say u rather have 100 LUK, well that indeed gives your more MATK, but the difference in MATK between 100+ DEX 60+ LUK and 60+ DEX 100+ LUK is only 5-6 MATK...... (5 DEX = 1 MATK, 3 LUK = 1 MATK) Why for give up more than 1 second of casting time just for that 5-6 MATK?

PS: All the 120 LUK WL builds you see on iRO wiki are total bull-_-. NEVER NEVER EVER follow those builds.

Edited by Noumi, 02 August 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#8 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

PS: All the 120 LUK WL builds you see on iRO wiki are total bull-_-. NEVER NEVER EVER follow those builds.

OMFG LOL.... The forum has auto censoring funtions... I intended to say total bull$hit... become bull-_-... rofl

#9 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:14 PM

I was thinking of something like 100 int, 80 vit, 60 dex at level 100ish and having the gown, 2 sprint rings, and magic eyes hat. Is that any good?

#10 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

That sounds just fine. 80 vit will keep you alive for your casting, but of course you can't depend TOO much on it because of the crappy wiz/hwiz/warlock HP mods, especially later when monsters will absolutely rip a lot of characters apart. It's up to you what you get when, after all (although I also gotta say I only got 40 vit with my 99 int/93 dex and I love the speedier cast time, but I've also got safety wall to prevent damage).

<edit>Also worth mentioning that I needed to make up some for my use of a phen card instead of an orlean's gown.

Edited by Anchors, 02 August 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#11 tascomoo

tascomoo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

Thanks everyone you've all been very helpful!

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Agav card.... No other choice. Matk is the most important stat to a Wizard class. Screw the useless status effects if people can have stats that gives them immunity. >_<

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

OP mentioned building the character for PvM. :B

Edited by Anchors, 05 August 2011 - 10:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users