8 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

I know that Tempests are op, and i know that other classes need to be fixed first. But i must post my ideas when they come and cant wait them to fix the other classes to make the suggestions to fix the broken skills of this one.

Posted Image Invigoration:

This skill gives extra hp recover +5%~+20% for 10~30 mins. Knowing that the hp recovery only works outside combat and that Templar classes are healers, is obvious that the buffed character wont need to rest to recover hp.

Now, i will try to suggest some posible changes:

1) Make it a continous hp recovery buff 5~20 over 1 min, but make it fixed heal, that way it wouldnt be op. Something like this could apply to the Rebria hp recovery buff.

2) Make it increase the heal amount of the heal skills +1%~+10% and last 1 min.

a. It could be a self buff.

b. It could stay as a normal buff.

c. Could be "a" or "b" but move it to the Radiant Tree, that way it would be some kind of heal mastery for them.

Posted Image Weapon of God:

This is a good skill, but Tempests arnt a melee hybrid anymore. Tbh, have a melee buff in a class that dont need it, it kind of sucks: most classes that have buff for others, can use the buffs for benefit theirselves too.

Suggestions:

1) Make it long and short range physical dmg, and if is too op for a lvl 60 skill, change it to lvl 70.

2) Move it to the Templar skill tree: this way both, Radiants and Tempests, can benefit from this skill. Some Radiants use auto attacks when they grind alone, why dont give them something else.

3) Move it to the Radiant skill tree: if is too op to move it to the Templar skill tree, then move it to the Radiants skill tree and put Salvation back in the Templar skill tree.

Posted Image Blessing of Haste:

Like Weapon of God, this skill isnt very useful for the new Tempests.

Suggestions:

1) Move it to the Templar skill tree.

2) Leave it -0.1~-0.5 but only in 5 lvls.

3) Leave it with 10 lvls but turn it in -0.1~-1.0 buff.

Posted Image Godly Mirror

This skill isnt that great anymore.

Suggestions:

1) Make it Reflection of Short Range Attack Strength 10%~100% but reduce the Counterattack Chance to 2%~10%

2) Leave the Counterattack Chance in 10%~30% and rise the Short Range Attack Strength to 10%~30% or close to that.

We alredy said a lot about Instant Moving, that is why i dont add it for now.

#2 Thorny

Thorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

Boo

>>
I love instant moving it so lols.

Sure it aint instant butit soooo throws ppl off with "HACKER"! shouts. PK in Trifi to suddenly be on a roof as a temp is just lolzZz.

anywho...

Please devs. leave temps as they are look at other classes first.
really Rads & Temps are fine the way i see it. Sure they have a few useless skills but most jobs do. Rads heal fine... often able to heal full HP in a cast, temps as mentioned in first sentence of post are OP.

T

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

As i said, they should fix other classes first, but that isnt reason to dont make suggestions.

A few useless skills? 4/10 2nd job skills arnt a few, and when an aoe class need to use 1 target bolts to do something in pvp, you know that things wont go as they should: this doesnt mean that they arnt op, but for example, if you give Dominators a bolt that deal 10k dmg, sure, they will be op, but the class wouldnt be doing what their are suposed to do.

Weapon of God and Blessing of Haste should be moved to the 1st job, and Salvation should be moved to the 1st job too: some times is hard for radiants to heal and res in raids at the same time, give Tempests the chance of do it in their place.

Instant Moving:

Suggestions:

1) Make it instant cast or at least add a dna that make it instant. That is the smallest thing they could do to fix that skill.

2) Keep the casting time but let the player pick the destination point.

New Skills:

Thunder Storm:

A lvl 70 or maybe lvl 80 skill that deal the same base dmg as Holy Light but have 10m radius (at max lvl), 10 targets and reduce the Elec Property Resistances of the targets -3%~12% for 10 secs.

The visual effect should be similar to Holy Light but with thunder bolts falling: there is a similar (the visual not the effect) but smaller skill used by the 2nd boss in Secret Lab.

Edited by Nadesh, 23 August 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#4 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

No. Don't make Tempests stronger.

#5 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

No. Don't make Tempests stronger.

DON'T YOU WANT TO BE THE NEW S1 ELEMENTALIST CLASS CONF?!?!?!

JAJAJAJA

#6 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

No. jajaja -.-

#7 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:27 PM

Instant Movement is all I want to see (i.e. instant cast)- Of course if you really want to make it interesting add -50% attack speed to those hit by Lightning Restraint. :rolleyes: And change the graphics of the skill to look like that cool Robo skill from JS...

Edited by Crftwise, 23 August 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#8 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Ah well, I don't need anything to make Tempests any stronger, but I always hoped that if there's a better animation for holy light... When I was lv 59 on my Tempest I was like all excited YES I'M GONNA LEVEL! Let's see how the new skill looks like!!11!111one

And then :) :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

You are mistaken, the suggestions i made wont made Tempests stronger (except maybe for the Invigoration turned in a extra heal buff, but that is why i suggested to move it to Radiants in that case), the suggestions are to make those skills work and be desired. People even read the suggestions before said that bs about being more op? How move BoH or WoG to the 1st job would make it more op? How make WoG short and long range additional dmg would make Tempests more op? How make Goldy Mirror have a 10% chance to counter attack would make it op? How make instant moving a instant cast skill with that long CD would make it op? As i said, the only that maybe should be thinked better would be Invigoration, but the others arnt op at all.

I also would like to see the Holy Light effect changed: i like the effect of Glaring Light and Holy Light, but Tempests dont light dmg anymore. Keep the effect for Glaring Light but they could change the Holy Light one: but still, the names make it hard.

If we reach the point that they shouldnt fix a skill because people will fear that that class will become more op, or that people dont want to make suggestions about a class because there are others that need to be fixed first, then we are doomed. Leave that kind of desition to the dev team, we are here to make suggestions.

Edited by Nadesh, 24 August 2010 - 03:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users