Professions System Feedback - Page 4 - Game Balances - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Professions System Feedback

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

As many of you may have heard there are plans to rework the Professions system.

We want to hear from you, the players, the people who have activly used the professions system.

We want to know what you want to get out of the professions system? What ideas do you have to make it better?

Debate is welcome, however please be respect of each other's opinions and do NOT flame each other.

Everyone's opinion is valued, and though we may not respond to every single idea, we are collecting all data to send over to Gravity Games.

I've been playing since THQ and I gotta say I feel like this professions thing has killed the game.I don't like wasting my time taking forever to gather, process, and produce just to find out that I still don't understand how to do it all. The instructions in game are severly lacking or not there at all. If anything simplify the whole process, give people a medal in their journals to equip signifying what profession they are and let others go through them as a way to produce items (anywhere in the map). The amount of space everything takes up is rediculous when you combine it with other quests to be completed especially along with scrolls from Van Cliff and Drakos. Even expansions to it wouldn't help enough. I've already had a few of those. Maybe even have a npc that you can purchase from a vendor to work the gathering or something while my character can go off and join parties to do other things.

#77 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Hiring> npc to do the afking for me! (With a gold rate payment for their hard slavework work)

#78 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

http://forums.warppo...56/page__st__25

Yurai said he confirmed that if players took advantage of the time before the patch to soulshift down, the equips were going to be changed back. I'd like to request public confirmation that this is going to be the case.

#79 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

@Faithx

Being lazy is very 2010.

http://forums.warppo...56/page__st__25

Yurai said he confirmed that if players took advantage of the time before the patch to soulshift down, the equips were going to be changed back. I'd like to request public confirmation that this is going to be the case.

http://forums.warppo...58/#entry513414

#80 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDelta Forbidden Training Grounds

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hiring> npc to do the afking for me! (With a gold rate payment for their hard slavework work)

I'm sure we can work something out. As long as you don't want machines. :smooch:

#81 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

@Faithx

Being lazy is very 2010.

Your outfit is very 1970! -_-

Also suggestion: maybe to lessen the confusion on the many different skill books, maybe the system could be reworked so that you gain 'production points' and you use these points to learn the skills from a skill tree? (similar to leveling up and getting 20 sp and upgrading skills) I think if there was a skill book tree provided, people wouldn't be AS confused as to what skill books are for them and which lead to what.

Just a thought. It's not like the couple of silvers/gold used to purchase the books from the npc is breaking anyone's bank... it's just very confusing seeing ALL the possible books and not knowing which one to buy.

#82 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

Another idea for the current profession system:

Player gets exp (for procession) by aiding their guildmates/friends machine.

#83 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Another idea for the current profession system:

Player gets exp (for procession) by aiding their guildmates/friends machine.

You already do get exp for your processing skill when aiding someone else it's just not 100% gain

Edit: as for the system as a whole I think the pvp limits will remove most of the complaints people keep having, I would hope we don't get the increased requirements on number of items needed to create anything however as they're already too high for how many items you get imo

Edit2: also what is the point of anyone here giving feedback if you're just going to get the IAH patch anyway? since you will because they give the same patch to everyone (and that has caused problems before)

Edited by EnderW, 16 August 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#84 Edzvernhart

Edzvernhart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

My opinion :
Since this game is an action game, make this profession things required "action" things too... like Rimmy said, we need to hit the tree with "x" or etc.
Because simply afk-ing or watching the char chopping tree it's not fun at all.
Just make it more fun to do, Please :waddle:

#85 megamanxpert

megamanxpert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDelta Forbidden Training Grounds

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

My opinion :
Since this game is an action game, make this profession things required "action" things too... like Rimmy said, we need to hit the tree with "x" or etc.
Just make it more fun to do, Please :waddle:

Yeah im going a bit off-topic here but consider f7 runs. you can build up the guardians and then go afk for a while. same thing applies here. if anything the professions system should have something "attack" you if you afk too long. i think it a better solution to most of those proposed.

#86 KhroxasKh

KhroxasKh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMy House? :D!
  • Server:Vyvern Duh!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:24 AM

Lol i agree with what Rimmy said about making Professions into Minigames cuz it would be fun/funny to go fishing and catch huge fishes like the ones from Okami XD.

#87 Edzvernhart

Edzvernhart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

I wanna add something,

Not only the gathering is the problem, the processing also, if u intend to make gathering can be done by afk-ing, make the processing the same way. for example, we can just put a stack of materials and the machine will keep processing it, so we don't need to check the item every 5 or 2.5 min for the lowest rate, it's very irritating.

#88 EnderW

EnderW

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

I wanna add something,

Not only the gathering is the problem, the processing also, if u intend to make gathering can be done by afk-ing, make the processing the same way. for example, we can just put a stack of materials and the machine will keep processing it, so we don't need to check the item every 5 or 2.5 min for the lowest rate, it's very irritating.

level 4 machine = 4 slot queue on machine and since it is actually best to produce items using lv6 materials (which take 1 hour max each to process) you can set processing up for 2-4 hours at a time and go do something else while it processes.

#89 kgptzac

kgptzac

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

I'm just curious that after 6 months of this thread being made, is there any actual in-game updates on profession system apart from the "not applying stats in pvp" are implemented?

#90 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm just curious that after 6 months of this thread being made, is there any actual in-game updates on profession system apart from the "not applying stats in pvp" are implemented?

Professions got nerfed into the ground. Now only the people who kept going at it for a long time reap the benefits imo.

#91 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

We looking for more/new feedback regarding the Professions system. The devs are looking to make some serious changes to this system and we want as much of your input to go into it as possible. Be honest, but please be constructive.

#92 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

I think the current profession system is fine (we have less lag now, we can chat while doing profession, and the exp is quite fast if you know the best way to gain exp) except for the amount of item people can get from production, especially insurance. The number of insu u can get is very low comparing the insu you need. Imo it needs to be increased like 3 or 4 times.

Other things that has been on my mind:
  • After amplification doesn't work in PvP, the wood-line is kinda dead comparing to other line (u may need wood to make soul shift thingy at herb-line, but the soul shift itself is kinda dead bcz of insurance). While i do understand it was done to prevent unbalance in PvP, but it somehow kill this profession (u don't need ampli for PvE, and ampli doesn't help really help you in Elga). Personally i would like to see it is more useful. Maybe allow it to work in PvP, but tone it down maybe to 1.5, and fix the aim-evade formula by allowing the evade stacker to get hit like minimum 40-50% chance. This is just kind of random number, but basically my point is, the imbalance in PvP mainly comes from the game mechanics or formula of ATK-DEF,aim-evade, etc. So if the "main problem" got fixed somehow, a reasonable boost from amplification that can only be obtained from game is fine.
  • Instead of 2 kind of "Hp Pots" from trading the item u get from gathering, i would prefer to see 1 of them got changed into "Mp pots". Generally Mp pots is more useful than HP pots and 2 kinds of HP pots which one is better than another is weird.
  • Add insurance for inserting card to socket that will prevent the card breaking when we fail to insert it.

#93 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Disable expanders in pvp and disable downshifting, but revert all the material and socket chance nerfs.

#94 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Enchant Shifiting
1.remove the use of ins(IM) back to the ins that u get from profession
2.There is a bug where when u fail 3 time your enchant lvl get reverted back to 0( it happen to one of the people i know, he lost a +20 item)

stuff u get from profession (ins,socket box,expander, etc.
1.Either reduce the item use to get these items or increase the item u recieve from using the item
example: stat socket card box lvl 6( need lvl 4, 5 or 6 rainbow crystal(45) and mysterious powder(12))
a)lvl4=45 rainbow crystal use can get you either 1, 2 , or 3 socket card box,
b)lvl 5= 45 RC can get u 3, 4, or 10( with 10 getting the lowest chance)
c)lvl 6( it very hard to get lvl 6 RC)= 45 RC get u 10 or 11
As u can see using these amount of item only get u back little. Also it take a very long time to process the gathering item unless you use other characters.

Socket Card
As someone above mention there should be some type of ins(from profession) to protect the socket card from breaking when u apply it the correct item. Also some sort of item u make to restore a socket card from an equip when u decide to change to another card. Getting good socket card is very hard and just to destoryed it when u get another good card or even better one is just a waste of a good card and time to make it.

That all for now hope this help

#95 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

i'm still learning the system even though its been what a year now?
Recently I've also seen more people start the system from scratch and they are confused on how to get things done,
Still in my opinion - this is the largest flawed area -
maybe make 1 npc for each proffession in each of the farming areas, these npcs can talk about what items they make and what resources they need from other areas (other npcs), they can also talk about what books they need to buy as they grow, and so on. I like the "farming" that is currently in play but previously someone mentioned mini games, maybe these npcs can have a daily quest for 3 farming tokens (like the elements dungeon npc) or maybe the coins depend on skills and exp, 100xp in an area gets you 1 coin a day (just an added idea), you turn those tokens in for some mini games that drop resources connected to that npc (farming area).
I agree with AkatsukiKawa on several of thier points, change either plants reward or fishing reward to an mp pot rather than having two hp pots, its great that we have tons less lag in the area now, and its also great that we can chat in the area without having to re-start farming after each chat.woodlines bonuses i think are good honestly, yes some of it is no good in pve, but it depends on what you amplify, and I agree it would be nice to see at least a little bit of the hard work go into pvp, perhaps it can be something that is introduced slowly - testing each level and seeing what does become too little or too much.
fruits gathering - has an issue since they only make 1 item "recovery socket cards" with grades 4 or higher on fruits, level 2 and 3 processed items are a complete waste except for war supplies? . to boot if you were to mix other proffessions with fruits to try to level faster you would need to gather herbs and produce fish, basicly leaving you with three professions to build up to 500, the short of it is this proffession seems to be the least rounded (developed)
The only other suggestion I can think of off the bat would be new spots on the character card to add your gathering gear, sometimes it feels quite intimidating switching gear that you want to be careful with - then adding issues like the xo quizes (pvp invites, friend invites, etc) that pop up while holding an item and leads to the pop up "are you sure you want to destroy this item" this just adds a level of negative vibes even for the farmers.

#96 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

The professions are way to time consuming. Just to make one type of item requires multiple professions- at a high level. It has been taking me forever and I'm still not as high as I need to be on just one profession. I can get to the 500 level of gathering but the rest is so slow it would take me all year on just the one. I'd like to do away with the majority of the whole production process. Maybe change it to farming special item drops directly from the gathering area and maybe just make an extra storage space in the myhomes for it. The gap between players is even higher now and has made it so boring nobody will play. NOTHING is explained well in game. I don't have time to search for every little answer, which is hard enough to do because there's word limitations you can use in search for the forums. I still don't know how to use any of the elemental stuff. The items received from level one gems gives rings but can't seem to get them to do anything worth beans. Getting something permanent on a weapon? Still don't know how to get those either. I can hardly hit some of those monsters on the same level as me with my artifact weapon. There's not a higher weapon to even get. And there is no point in having all these hundreds or thousands of souls I have because there's never any prizes for insurance scrolls. Too many things cost real money in the item mall that have to be used in game to even play. There needs to be alternate ways to earn these. Somehow we need a fresher start and stop making everything so complicated. I don't need more stress. That's why I come to play.

#97 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

My opinion :
Just make it more fun to do, Please :)

#98 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

On the keyboard I had to replace, my X button is the one key that you could hardly see the letter anymore as it is. Being a mage with x spamming can do that. Sitting there and pressing one button forever is not my idea of fun. The whole process to get anything good to use out of the whole production process just takes too long and too many items to put together with different production skills where you have to have at least 3 to make anything.

#99 inacio

inacio

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationChile,IV region

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

after expending a lot of time in proffesion here is my feedback.

1.- It takes too much time to gather.
2.- some recipes take too much high lvl materials and offer little reward
3.- having the same bar for gathering and producing is a bad idea imo

here are my suggestions:

For the first point:

How about adding medals, 3 medals: 
Rookie gatherer
Intermediate gatherer
Expert gatherer

These medals could be obtained by gathering and could 
reduce the amount of gathering time by 1,2 and 3 
seconds making gathering less time-consuming.

For the second point:

two suggestions:

Either reduce the amount of materials needed or double the
amount items produced.

Bring back proccesing but with a twist, so we can refine X amount 
of lower lvl materials into higher lvl ones.
Example:

10 Lv2 rainbowcrystal turn into 1 Lv3 rainbowcrystal

And the third point:  

Either have two separate bars, one for gathering and other to produce
stuff or add medals to reduce the amount of production points used per item produced.

And that's all i have to say, please excuse my english, i speak spanish.

And Please, for the love of god add separate recipes for soul shift insurances scrolls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users