#101 priivate

priivate

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hello WarpPortal/DragonSaga!
I just started playing DragonSaga like for almost 2 months now. I currently have a lvl 50 Warlock/"warmage" and I got to tell you I was and still am pretty disappointed. As I was doing research on what class to choose; warrior, magician, archer, or theif... I LOVE MAGICIANS/WIZARDS/SORCERERS (as called in many other MMORPG) I read the differences between a Involker and a Sorcerer and I felt like Involker (good guy "healing") Sorcerer (bad guy "dark arts/dark magic") and wanting to be the buff character I set straight for the Wizard/Warlock/Sorcerer path. After the lvl 20 promotion and using the spear i was amazed by the new design of my shots, sharp and white, no longer the fireball thing... but when I saw the "Monk" they were shooting multiple fireballs at a faster rate and if I am not mistaken... each of their little fire balls hurt as much as one of my shots???
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT FOR SOMEONE TO CHOOSE TO STUDY THE DARK ARTS/DARK MAGIC DOES NOT HAVE BETTER SKILLS THAN THE MONK/PRIEST/INVOLKER??? THE PRIEST HAS THE RUG/CARPET/STUMP ROLLING SKILLS THAT DOES HELLA DAMAGE HELLA FAST!!!!AND why does it take like forever to conjure up a skill that summons something... but the time it's almost done... you get whacked and have to start all over again... IT'S NO WONDER THERE ARE SO MANY MORE MONK/PRIEST/INVOLKERS out there! THE MARKET PROVES A LOT! so many more things sold for the MONK/PRIEST/INVOLKERS... Did any Wizard feel like they have been jipped because there are no "cute" sets for the Wizards...? Monk has the cute set with the bunny ears... suuuure the "kitty" ears are cute... but never cute enough for the user to "show the hood on"... you would usually see the "hood" when it's cute or presentable.... the closest thing to something "cute" for wizards is the panda hat.... I would say... IS IT JUST ME? OR DO OTHER WIZARDS/WARLOCKS/SORCERER FEEL JIPPED TOO? P.S. have you heard people go like awww he/she is a wiz/war/sor not a mon/pri/inv they cant heal us blah blah blah...?

#102 Midoof

Midoof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • Locationocean
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

ULTIMATELY, I think the best course of action is to simply combine the two classes into one! We shall call it: SorceVokers.

Anyone with me!?

#103 Albruna

Albruna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Wynn Ship

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

P.S. have you heard people go like awww he/she is a wiz/war/sor not a mon/pri/inv they cant heal us blah blah blah...?

I make priests/monks useless since '09!

Edited by Albruna, 29 June 2011 - 02:09 AM.

#104 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

I make priests/monks useless since '09!

Purchase Slow Heal right now, and as an added bonus, we'll give you immortality absolutely FREE! You can even share it with your friends!

#105 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

Hello WarpPortal/DragonSaga!
P.S. have you heard people go like awww he/she is a wiz/war/sor not a mon/pri/inv they cant heal us blah blah blah...?

im a sorcerer.. and im proud of it.. and no, i never hear ppl say that to me cuz my slow heal is badass :P

#106 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

After the next skill balance, sorcerers get several nice new skills and skill adjustments. I doubt you'll be complaining much when every Fire Symbol you cast shoots move-speed-lowering icicles in multiple directions every second.

Invokers on the other hand, well... Now we get to cast Double Shot as a buff every 4 minutes! OH JOY.

#107 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

*puts invoker in the retired category*

#108 BloodWave

BloodWave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

Warmage could use some close range skills

#109 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

no.

there is a skill that let you smack people with your spear, Battle Hit.

#110 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

no.

there is a skill that let you smack people with your spear, Battle Hit.

and warmages are semi-long distance characters so yeah NO

#111 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

Alltheclassessamenowpleaseandthankyou

#112 Wobinar

Wobinar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

After the next skill balance, sorcerers get several nice new skills and skill adjustments. I doubt you'll be complaining much when every Fire Symbol you cast shoots move-speed-lowering icicles in multiple directions every second.

Invokers on the other hand, well... Now we get to cast Double Shot as a buff every 4 minutes! OH JOY.

I just came back from a half a year break just to find this,
it is so annoying and I mean it really annoying to have to buff your self wt a 4 min Double shot!
I don't mind that in pvp our "x" spam is now a laugh making 30% dmg, not pulling chars wt magnet, and the pillar
not flinching players.
But seriously now ruining my PVE?
my question is why make it a 4min buff?
cuz of the ppl afking n killing monsters?
at least make it a 15min buff, 4 mins gets on my nerves.

Edited by Wobinar, 27 September 2011 - 09:21 PM.

#113 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Known magician bug:

http://forums.warppo...ms-time-freeze/

Additional bug:
When the opponent is stopped by time freeze, he often is shown walking (in the caster screen), while in his screen (and the real position), he is stopped. Opponent with high MS is shown teleported to somewhere else or worse vanished in caster screen, making it difficult to continue the combo.

What i usually do to overcome this bug is, remembering the last spot where the opponent was standing and attack that spot (while praying my guess/memory is correct). But when countering opponent with high MS, seems this way doesn't work well

#114 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Known magician bug:

http://forums.warppo...ms-time-freeze/

Additional bug:
When the opponent is stopped by time freeze, he often is shown walking (in the caster screen), while in his screen (and the real position), he is stopped. Opponent with high MS is shown teleported to somewhere else or worse vanished in caster screen, making it difficult to continue the combo.

What i usually do to overcome this bug is, remembering the last spot where the opponent was standing and attack that spot (while praying my guess/memory is correct). But when countering opponent with high MS, seems this way doesn't work well

That's a common bug with many other skills. The opponent was really just knocked down.
This is referred to as lag walking.

#115 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

have anyone mentioned that mage's charge attack doesn't do anything exccept used to move into other maps? (thief charge atk does kamekameha and others job does somthing)

I might be wrong, I just started a mage recently

#116 azmaniena

azmaniena

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

my suggestion is that, wizard should have more hp's as compared to monks, it doesn't have the heal skills(except for the basic mage heal skill) that are the expertise of monks, and sometimes i feel annoyed of how much i died when i do solo of the spectre's tower.

#117 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

my suggestion is that, wizard should have more hp's as compared to monks, it doesn't have the heal skills(except for the basic mage heal skill) that are the expertise of monks, and sometimes i feel annoyed of how much i died when i do solo of the spectre's tower.

Slow Heal, stop sucking.

#118 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Slow heal + Mana Shield + Take a party with you.

#119 Toshioru

Toshioru

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:21 PM

is snowblues bugged?

#120 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

is snowblues bugged?

This is a known issue. Some players have it, some don't. 
There is a workaround for this, but first you have to write a ticket to the support, explain your issue and ask for help. In some cases you get a reskill scroll, in others you they manually reset the skill.

When this has been done, please follow the manual written by Fliederduft78 found here:

http://forums.warppo...ound/?p=1906290

#121 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

HI i don't want to read all the first 4 page so i will start with the issue i know since i play the healer way since 2009 and i see so many wrong thing with this. here we go,

1- It a monk spell ''meteor Rush'' if you take this spell you wont be able to make a ''counter'' effect if you kill a monster in dungeon, but it's suppose to be a better. Wrong if you cant do Counter you wont be able to make the ability kill so you wont make the Ability bar go up in a dungeon to make a fast SSS. 

2- Rain of fire, i don't know how many shot this spell is suppose to do but some time even if the monster is inside the spell we wont get hit.

3- double shot. It was a passive skill once (yes it was before elga add-on) and they put it active. they should put this a passive skill once more. it cost so much in Mana and the duration is super low. ( may be just put it  as a passive skill for the PVE side and keep it like that for PVP).

4- Invoker (ULTIMATE) it says 337.5% Weapon magic attack but my fire ball do more damage. before the elga add-on the ultimate was super strong just like the dragoon ultimate. but now it the weakest ultimate ever. i feel sorry for my ultimate now ^^''

5- Arch sanctuary : it give almost nothing in Mana but the rogue class got a better spell then us. They should change Arch sanctuary to do a base regeneration in %, right now it just useless

6-invoker   healing wave : i don't know why they put a other healing spell. we all ready got plenty. they should put combat spell or a support spell. we are suppose to be the support class but the other class seem more support to me.

If i see  more stuff that i dont like i will post back xD

and sorry if it a bit ''hard talk''

Have a good day/evening/night

Edited by zirothos, 19 January 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#122 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Well, well, well... the thing is, this topic isn't really about letting the producer know of the few things that make a class nearly balanced... I'll try and answer as I can though.

HI i don't want to read all the first 4 page so i will start with the issue i know since i play the healer way since 2009 and i see so many wrong thing with this. here we go,

1- It a monk spell ''meteor Rush'' if you take this spell you wont be able to make a ''counter'' effect if you kill a monster in dungeon, but it's suppose to be a better. Wrong if you cant do Counter you wont be able to make the ability kill so you wont make the Ability bar go up in a dungeon to make a fast SSS. 

2- Rain of fire, i don't know how many shot this spell is suppose to do but some time even if the monster is inside the spell we wont get hit.

3- double shot. It was a passive skill once (yes it was before elga add-on) and they put it active. they should put this a passive skill once more. it cost so much in Mana and the duration is super low. ( may be just put it  as a passive skill for the PVE side and keep it like that for PVP).

4- Invoker (ULTIMATE) it says 337.5% Weapon magic attack but my fire ball do more damage. before the elga add-on the ultimate was super strong just like the dragoon ultimate. but now it the weakest ultimate ever. i feel sorry for my ultimate now ^^''

5- Arch sanctuary : it give almost nothing in Mana but the rogue class got a better spell then us. They should change Arch sanctuary to do a base regeneration in %, right now it just useless

6-invoker   healing wave : i don't know why they put a other healing spell. we all ready got plenty. they should put combat spell or a support spell. we are suppose to be the support class but the other class seem more support to me.

If i see  more stuff that i dont like i will post back xD

and sorry if it a bit ''hard talk''

Have a good day/evening/night

3') The reason why the double-shot became an active skill is because it would have been some kind of "infinite damage buff", I believe. Plus it maybe kinda prevents bot / macro users to easily rely on an infinite, passive skill to let their character at a certain place and farm all day... although making a character use a specific skill every 4 minutes can't be that hard really. The mana cost isn't that high though, as the MP regeneration of my lvl.57 awfully-stuffed Priest alone is enough to sustain the double-shot. And as a last solution, buy pots.

4') There's a topic about this on the forum (Dragon Saga community chat), explaining why the skills' descriptions are inaccurate. Search for "Explanation about damage".

5') Arch Sanctuary probably is a skill to use for your team rather than yourself. As for the Rogue's mana regen spell, it costs HP and is one of the things that make them nice to have in a party, along with their buffs. Letting the Invoker also have this kind of unique and useful skill would be a terrible idea...

6') As you say, the Invokers are supposed to be a ~support~ / healing class (and God knows how much they can heal), so putting an attack spell in this slot probably wouldn't be a good idea. What's more, most of the classes have some kind of hard crowd control or unique skill here (Sorcerers, Jumeaux, Earth Masters...), so this healing wave kinda is at the right place. Look, a hard debuff / CC would be overkill considering Invokers already have the witch's curse and the freeze, plus the swamp.

And if you see more stuff you don't like, you'll cope with it or change class. Come to the dark side of elemental magic, as we Sorcerers know how to deal with and master them...

Come... come and unleash armageddon on this world...

Edited by Homurasan, 22 January 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#123 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

even with all the stuff i dont like i wont change class. i love my Invoker (Oracle in EU) i just hope a new add-on will arrive and change stuff for the better good^^

for the 5- i just want them to make a small change to it. right now it only 250 MP and they could at least double it. i just think is a bad skill that shouldn't be there at all.

all skill is suppose to be played as a team not solo any ways. i know many invoker prefer to play solo but i dont and what is 250 MP/2sec (for a max of 15 stack)for a Sorcerers ? nothing at all you got even more mana then we do xD

but ''we'' priest can ''give mana to other'' ''MP transfer'' i spell that i dont like cause of the brute cost of MP XD ''i still use it some time to help''  (never repeat that to any one xD) a spell that we don't want to show cause many player spam give me mana after xD)

Edited by zirothos, 20 January 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#124 Uchechi

Uchechi

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

could you make freeze (dr.farrell showing himself naked) do damage? it doesn't do any damage.....including swamp skill.

#125 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 31 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

Farrell's stripteasing isn't meant to "physically" harm, but "mentally" as to stun them by "freezing".

And as for the second Skill... Too lazy to find out another point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users