• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Is iRO worth coming back to? seeming as there is only 1k Ymir, 1k Yggdrasil and only 4k Valkyrie players... why has RO died.. what happend.. is it worth the time to start over? Please give me some feed back, i really do want to come back but I dont want to if theres nobody to play with..

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:59 PM

It's worth it. I don't really see how it has died. It's growing if anything and the GMs just keep trying to nurture it and help people enjoy it and bring friends into the fold.
Sure, there's gonna be some people who preach doomsday to you and tell you how bad it is for them, but the only way you're gonna know if you'll enjoy it is to play it for yourself.

If you played before, all of your stuff and characters is still here.

I will admit that I don't play much, but it's not bad at all.

#3 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

It's worth it. I don't really see how it has died. It's growing if anything and the GMs just keep trying to nurture it and help people enjoy it and bring friends into the fold.
Sure, there's gonna be some people who preach doomsday to you and tell you how bad it is for them, but the only way you're gonna know if you'll enjoy it is to play it for yourself.

If you played before, all of your stuff and characters is still here.

I will admit that I don't play much, but it's not bad at all.

I actually dont know my login or the email i had with the account lol.. kinda bad of me haha, thats why i said start over.. I really did enjoy this game alot!! Crit assassins ftw.. but how is the community been lately? its been i wanna say 2 years since i have played this, what server is more established and or more friendly to get along with people. Premium pay isn't a problem and valk well.. its valk.. Im just a curious george!

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

I would suggest Ymir if you enjoyed Chaos or Loki. Nice atmosphere and the majority of the people can be friendly and helpful. Valk is the free server and has a lot of bots, but overall it's not bad for a free server.
You shouldn't have a hard time starting over though. They have a place called the Eden Group that gives starter equipment to help you level, along with some quests to help you lvl faster.
Vip is good no matter what server you pick since it gives you more drops and exp.

I really hope that you decide to try it since you can do it risk free.

#5 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

I would suggest Ymir if you enjoyed Chaos or Loki. Nice atmosphere and the majority of the people can be friendly and helpful. Valk is the free server and has a lot of bots, but overall it's not bad for a free server.
You shouldn't have a hard time starting over though. They have a place called the Eden Group that gives starter equipment to help you level, along with some quests to help you lvl faster.
Vip is good no matter what server you pick since it gives you more drops and exp.

I really hope that you decide to try it since you can do it risk free.

How would I go about joining Ymir.. wasn't that a p2p server? or has it changed.. im sorry im in the midsts of downloading the game right now lol.. I think it gives you 2 free character slots? im not sure.. and how would u go about upgradeing your account to premium if the server is free? and yes back in the day I was part of the Chaos server!! Loved it! Awesome community and everything!! But should i join Valk first to better equip myself and then transfer? If i did want to transfer how much does it cost?

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

Transferring one character is around 15$ I think? The only problem with moving over form another server is the item and zeny limitations that they impose on you.

They have a wall on Ymir to keep the bots out. You pay one time for vip and as long as you make one character there, it's free to play.
After the vip ends, you can't make more characters, but if you made them while your vip was activie, you can play them unrestricted.
Think of vip as a buff, it gives you tons of better benefits and small perks even on the free servers.

#7 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Transferring one character is around 15$ I think? The only problem with moving over form another server is the item and zeny limitations that they impose on you.

They have a wall on Ymir to keep the bots out. You pay one time for vip and as long as you make one character there, it's free to play.
After the vip ends, you can't make more characters, but if you made them while your vip was activie, you can play them unrestricted.
Think of vip as a buff, it gives you tons of better benefits and small perks even on the free servers.

Last question i swear!! lol.. How are the markets on the servers? Valk VS Ymir.. High low prices? Tons of stuff.. would it be hard for me to find somthing i want.. ect ect

#8 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

It's not hard to find the essentials on either server. Valk will always have a better selection on the things that bots can put their hands on.
It's easier to start out on Ymir and get established and your earlier lvl drops will be worth way more. You'll have fun on either server, I'm sure. The spam bots might annoy you on Valk.

#9 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

It's not hard to find the essentials on either server. Valk will always have a better selection on the things that bots can put their hands on.
It's easier to start out on Ymir and get established and your earlier lvl drops will be worth way more. You'll have fun on either server, I'm sure. The spam bots might annoy you on Valk.

Oh lord you have no idea how much those spam bots annoyed me! lol

#10 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

one more quick question.. Im new to the whole 3rd gen classes.. but do you still get your rebirth skills aka.. Can you still use enchant deadly venom as a guillatine cross.. or Assumptio as a Arch Bishop.

#11 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Yes you can as long as you rebirthed before changing over to 3rd class.

#12 Stalker666

Stalker666

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Yes you can as long as you rebirthed before changing over to 3rd class.

can you goto lvl 150 as a rebirthed character or is it only 3rd gen classes that can goto 150? Also can the extended classes hit 150?

#13 Unglued

Unglued

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Most of your questions can be answered on the wiki page. - http://irowiki.org
You can compare the market prices doing a simple search on ragial. - http://ragial.com , but as Myzery said, the bots make a huge difference in prices overall.
About getting to lvl 150, yeah, most people go from lvl 1-99, then reborn or transcend. This brings the char back to lvl 1. Once they reach lvl 99/70, they choose to become 3rd job.

These might be helpful as well for you:
- Skill Simulator
- Stat Calculator or Stat Calculator

#14 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

only third classes can go to 150 however the progression to third can go either way. With the new system compared to 2 years ago it's alot faster than before. Best suggestion would be rebirth before going third because of the bonus hp/sp as well as the skills(ie you can go from assassin to gx but you would lose the ability to use deadly poison as well as the other AC skills)

#15 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

Damn, and I wasn't invited to the funeral? D:

#16 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

Is iRO worth coming back to? seeming as there is only 1k Ymir, 1k Yggdrasil and only 4k Valkyrie players... why has RO died.. what happend.. is it worth the time to start over? Please give me some feed back, i really do want to come back but I dont want to if theres nobody to play with..

I tell you....., you young folks got no STA. :rofl:

#17 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

To be honest RO's population has been steadily rising. Actually it's been a long time since I've actually seen such a steady growth.

#18 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:44 AM

To be honest RO's population has been steadily rising. Actually it's been a long time since I've actually seen such a steady growth.

(Nods head sipping Tea) :blink:

#19 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

Only thing I could think of when I read this thread's title:

Posted Image

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

I actually dont know my login or the email i had with the account lol.. kinda bad of me haha, thats why i said start over.. I really did enjoy this game alot!! Crit assassins ftw.. but how is the community been lately? its been i wanna say 2 years since i have played this, what server is more established and or more friendly to get along with people. Premium pay isn't a problem and valk well.. its valk.. Im just a curious george!

If you can remember what the names were for the characters and what emails you may have used during that time, we can usually suss out which account you are looking for. It's easier to level in the early going, but it's always nice to get an old player reconnected with their old characters.

#21 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

Lets not count the bots now. They aren't human.

On that note, only the admins and employee's of Gravity USA really have the knowledge of how the community is doing. Alot of their data is based off of sales and accounts paid for I'm sure. But its not a number we can accurately guess. We only assume the population is declining because of the lack of new players that actually stay around. To tell the truth though, my guild has recently invited 2 completely new players to RO and 2 more that came back from a long time ago. These players had some real positive reinforcement of being in our guild and having people to help them. One of the new guys said his brother played and thats why he joined. Another one said he was about to quit because this game was hard (he unfortunately wanted an alchemist as his first class), until we showed him how to go about things. So really, (and I've said this before) there needs to be a larger focus on making this game more appealing, and an easier transition for new players into the game. Some people just dont want to join a guild and would prefer to solo, there needs to be changes made to accommodate all play styles to make this game appealing to all types of newbie players.

I'll let this one go as an example. I used to play WoW. I solo'd, without a guild or group of friends, my way to max level because I found that fun (only because of the questing, grinding sucks). After I was max level, I then would seek out a guild to join and have fun with. Many many people do this because they feel they'd be more accepted at a higher level (and they are right, even in RO, a friend just got booted out of a higher end guild and told to come back when they were higher leveled)and would like to be able to actually achieve this in a reasonable time frame. These TI events certainly help that but honestly, it shouldnt take more than 2 months at the very most to reach max level in any game. 2 months of casual play, and 3-4 weeks of hard core play.

The TI events help to facilitate that, but really, the exp they give is low without an experience event. I don't even want to waste a BMx3 on the dragon TI since it only gives 9m exp if its all put into one exp category. I personally view that as a waste of my money, and would rather wait for another experience event to come around to use my BM's.

A message to Heim - The TI's are great and we appreciate them. But I and my guildies wont be buying manuals for a silly 9m exp lump. 18m with a x3 would be infinitely more attractive, and worth our hard earned money.

Edited by Tkwan, 07 August 2011 - 10:38 AM.

#22 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

I rejoined because Gravity spammed my email account with "RO went f2p" messages. I'm sure more old school players will also return to the game if Gravity spam their emails with welcome back messages. Heck with the current state of the economy I am sure they will be more then happy to join again.

GM, get headquarters to send out another mass email so that we can get the old school players back.

Edited by DieNasty, 08 August 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Not sure what your frame of reference is. RO hasn't had over 6k players since it was 100% free/beta, like 8 years ago. This is the highest population the game has had since it went pay to play. So again I am entirely puzzled as to the basis of your feeling that the game is dying.

#24 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:29 PM

Not sure what your frame of reference is. RO hasn't had over 6k players since it was 100% free/beta, like 8 years ago. This is the highest population the game has had since it went pay to play. So again I am entirely puzzled as to the basis of your feeling that the game is dying.

This.
When player counts first was visible again with renewal, Ymir had 600~700 Yggdrasil had barely 100 and valkyrie capped at about 3.2k

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:02 PM

cost 700-800 wpe (7-8 bucks) i think to xfer. you can easily make a good amount on ymir if you xfer certain things, but that would require you to have a small amonnt of zeny base. i can prob give you quad hf mg to xfer from valk to ymir if you choose, which is like 75m on ymir~

Edited by Andini, 08 August 2011 - 03:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users